2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
So....

Fenugreek frequently pops up as something to use in a mask when trying to improve thinning or balding hair.

BUT, it's a pain the butt to use because even after blending and passing thru a sieve, it still can leave residue in your hair. The mask that I used last night HAS to work in a short period to make it worth dealing with the temporary pain.

That being said, what's keeping me going is the pictures I've taken. If I didn't have evidence that it's working, I would have dropped off its use a while back.

Alma Petra

So....

Fenugreek frequently pops up as something to use in a mask when trying to improve thinning or balding hair.

BUT, it's a pain the butt to use because even after blending and passing thru a sieve, it still can leave residue in your hair. The mask that I used last night HAS to work in a short period to make it worth dealing with the temporary pain.

That being said, what's keeping me going is the pictures I've taken. If I didn't have evidence that it's working, I would have dropped off its use a while back.
What about a hair soak in fenugreek tea instead of a mask?

Aggie

Okay @mzteaze, based on your experience, I will be making my henna tea rinse from fenugreek tea instead of just plain distilled water from now on. I think this will work better for me especially since I spray my scalp and hair with my henna tea rinse. Thanks for the idea hon :kiss:.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Been working on a few (or 6 different) :lachen:herbal blends. Here is one for scalp issues.

Blend of aloe vera powder, calendula, Rosehips, fenugreek & rosemary. Mixed a spoonful of each together.

View attachment 418251

Put some in disposable tea bags. I was able to make 6 treatments from this.

View attachment 418247

Currently steeping a bag overnight to mix the tea with my henna.

View attachment 418245

The bags seal with heat, but I still placed a hair tie around it to make sure. LOL

View attachment 418249

Got the same set of herbs steeping in Grapeseed oil for a few weeks so I can make an herbal shampoo bar and herbal scalp oil. If I have some leftover, I'll mix some with my shea butter blend.

Made the matching shampoo bars to this herbal blend. In addition to the tea and infused oil, I used fresh aloe Vera leaves from my garden. Also used shea butter, mango butter and Manuka honey to super fat the shampoo bars. Topped some with Calendula petals.

Used my new molds that I was itching to try. :grin:

IMAG1296_1-1372x1139.jpg

IMAG1294-1140x2016.jpg
I let them sit in the molds for 2 days before removing. The small molds were pretty easy to get out. However the loaf was a little tricky. Maybe next time, I'll leave the soap in for an extra day or line it first with parchment paper/Saran wrap to make removal easier.

The bars from the mold after cutting:
IMAG1297_2-1140x1472.jpg

These are bigger than what I normally work with, so I'll let them cure longer...Maybe 8 to 10 weeks.

Aggie

What about a hair soak in fenugreek tea instead of a mask?
Sounds like a good idea and the only thing I would add is treat it with a green house effect by leaving it sealed in with your fenugreek oil (add a couple minutes scalp massage) for a couple hours to overnight. This is something I'm contemplating doing because I really don't want those fenugreek pieces stuck in my hair :nono:.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Sounds like a good idea and the only thing I would add is treat it with a green house effect by leaving it sealed in with your fenugreek oil (add a couple minutes scalp massage) for a couple hours to overnight. This is something I'm contemplating doing because I really don't want those fenugreek pieces stuck in my hair :nono:.

They come out as long as you rinse really really well. I highly recommend using fenugreek as the first step though.

I really don't see how folks wash their hair in the shower though as it takes at least twice the amount of time.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@ElevatedEnergy
Your Creations are sheer perfection.:angel:

You are the "Bea Smith" of Hair Care Culinary.:giggle:

They all look so beautiful and those molds took them to the next level.:heart3:

The "Herbal Bars" looked edible.:laugh:

Thank you so much! My oldest son is home visiting for the holidays and I showed him all the stuff I've been making. He said it looked like a botanical garden in my little mom room. I don' know why that warmed my heart LOL.

Xaragua

I washed my hair with a rhassoul clay mask mixed with aloe Vera juice and apple cider vinegar this week and I feel like my hair is super dry even after moisturizing and moisturizing. Any advice ?

Keen

I washed my hair with a rhassoul clay mask mixed with aloe Vera juice and apple cider vinegar this week and I feel like my hair is super dry even after moisturizing and moisturizing. Any advice ?
Maybe too much apple cider? I use the same recipe but only a capful of AcV

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
The mix clarified your hair and sealed your cuticle layer down tight. Try using a moisturizing deep conditioner with heat or letting it sit under plastic for thirty minutes. Seal in your final moisturizer with an oil or butter.