2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

sparkle25

Hmm, this doesn't sound like a product I actually want to use so far based on your review. I already use 22nd Century DC that's also very oily, like a whipped shea butter kinda oily. I don't know if I'll be getting that one. Is your hair low, normal or high porosity @sparkle25?

I still want to try the oil though as a scalp massage/prepoo oil. None the less, I'm still curious about the DC's ability to be good for my hair. I might use my mud wash before using it if I decide to get it.
I think my hair is Lo-PO but I finally ordered the komaza hair analysis and I'll know for sure as soon as it gets in.

sparkle25

Hmm, this doesn't sound like a product I actually want to use so far based on your review. I already use 22nd Century DC that's also very oily, like a whipped shea butter kinda oily. I don't know if I'll be getting that one. Is your hair low, normal or high porosity @sparkle25?

I still want to try the oil though as a scalp massage/prepoo oil. None the less, I'm still curious about the DC's ability to be good for my hair. I might use my mud wash before using it if I decide to get it.
I cannot reccomened her product line. I ended up washing my hair with a sulfate shampoo to rid my hair of the products. I tried her oil as a pre poo again and I left it on for several hours with heat at the end. My hair was hard when I went to shampoo it out. Her oil...I think it's plain castor oil. It smells JUST like some basic castor oil that great grandma would rub on your chest when you're sick. I have better results pre pooing with regular tropical isle Jamaican black castor oil, coconut oil, jojoba....I don't think there are any herbs in it at all. I then looked over her reviews and I saw a couple other girls saying the same thing about the castor oil. We could be wrong but I'm just saying I personally think it's not mixed with any herbs. There are many other Ayurvedic herb infused oil on etsy to try, but if you want to try this one I'll send you the rest of mine for $Free.99.

My mildly irritated & itchy scalp turned to regular sore and itchy. And I know it's not the herbs because I have a spray with herbs in them and it didn't do that. I also used an Ayurveidc whipped Shea mix from Jakeala naturals and I put it on my scalp and ends and my hair & scalp loved it. I used the whole jar so that was plenty of time for a reaction if there was going to be one. It was perfect & why I decided I was going to go this route for awhile.

That leave in was a disaster...I just can't reccomened but you're welcome to try mine.

I rewashed, and am DCing over night with a lovely product from Sereniti Bath Body and You to recover from this & I'm going to start over with the Ayurvedic stuff next week with the ayurs batch of nature line as well as a different Ayurvedic oil blend I got and I'll be back.

sparkle25

That sounds like the vendor has inconsistency issues. My oil might have more neem oil than yours since that is the main scent I get. I will not try anymore of those products due to allergies.
Do you think you are allergic to one of the herbs?

The thing with me is, I'm not allergic to anything. I'm one of those people who don't get side affects from medications, don't get sick and have no sensitivities. I know it's possible for things to change, but in doubting it. Not only is my scalp itching and sore, but on my face where the product dripped I have two huge blemishes. They don't just seem like a pimple, it's an extreme reaction. It's crazy. I have always had very clear skin, not even as a teenager did I have skin problems. I have used hundreds of products over the years and this isn't the first time I have had something dripping all over my face. I likely have product on my pillow all the time and nothing has caused a reaction like this. I have had my hit and misses with products, hell most of them have been misses. But there is something about this line....

Last edited:

sparkle25

I am allergic to coconut and most tree nuts. I just learned shikaiki is also considered a nut, as well as a fruit and herb. I need to get some sample powders to test out.
Ok so I'm not trying to call anyone out or say anything untrue, but I have been looking into this line and I found a thread on the other popular hair forum that said LaKshimis Cupbaord was selling Qhemet Biologics and Afroveda as her own product. She allegedly was repackaging their items and placing her own label in them. I don't know if there is any truth to that but I'm going to keep digging.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ok so I'm not trying to call anyone out or say anything untrue, but I have been looking into this line and I found a thread on the other popular hair forum that said LaKshimis Cupbaord was selling Qhemet Biologics and Afroveda as her own product. She allegedly was repackaging their items and placing her own label in them. I don't know if there is any truth to that but I'm going to keep digging.
@sparkle25
:thud:

sparkle25

@sparkle25 @IDareT'sHair Oh my gosh, this sounds like another "Gate" is about to go down.
Lol I don't want to do that. But I should maybe stop posting about this in her thread. I don't want to be rude. I do have a thread where I initially asked about this line. I always come here first if I'm feeling weird about a line. It's been 7 years since that other thread was posted so that's probably why nobody said anything. But I have been around here for 7 + years and I recognize everyone, but maybe people forgot? Either way I don't want to hijack this thread. I'll post here again after a week or so when I start the other Ayurvedic line I have.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
My new hobby for 2017 had my twists smelling like dirt and gun powder.:barf:

I rinsed my hair with "Sensuality Tea Blend"
Jasmine flowers, cinnamon bark, orange peel, rooibos/African Red Bush, and malted barley.

The original (discontinued) tea from Bath a& Body Works had "artificial vanilla flavor". I replaced it with rooibos.

Last edited:

sparkle25

Spritzed my hair with Ayurs batch of nature spray ( she only has one that I see) and gave myself a scalp massage with her hair and scalp oil ( ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, amla, bhringraj, neem, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Argon Oil, horsetail, nettle, henna, Mustard Seed Oil, brahmi, vitamin e)

Hair was instantly softened and scalp felt soothed and lovely. In a few days I will co wash and use her deep condish. Update afterwards

sparkle25

Spritzed my hair with Ayurs batch of nature spray ( she only has one that I see) and gave myself a scalp massage with her hair and scalp oil ( ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, amla, bhringraj, neem, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Argon Oil, horsetail, nettle, henna, Mustard Seed Oil, brahmi, vitamin e)

Hair was instantly softened and scalp felt soothed and lovely. In a few days I will co wash and use her deep condish. Update afterwards
Today my hair feels amazing! My hair generally doesn't like oils at all and they definitely never soften my hair when left on after a moisturizer. I just use them for pre-poo and scalp oiling and barely the latter. I'm very excited

imaginary

Added a spoonful of garlic powder to my green tea, but then didn't realise until I poured it over my head that the powder doesn't dissolve haha. It was easy enough to rinse out, but I'm gonna go back to making overnight scalp soaks and then even a diy oil. I also did a rice water rinse. I had made the rinse from the day before and let it soak overnight.