2017 Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Aggie

Tonight I am Prepooing with 22nd Century deep Conditioner (protein-free version). I will also be inverting (my 6th night for the week) for 4 minutes.

Tomorrow I will be:

Shampooing with Bask & Bloom Gentle Herbal Cleanser
Deep Conditioning with Bekura Vanilla Whiskey followed by Bask & Bloom Brahmi Root Hair Mask
Leave-in - Infusium 23 and NG Sweet Plantain Combo
Moisturizing later with Bekura Palm Tapioca sealed with Jakeala Hair Parfait. I think I prefer a balm or pomade for sealing my hair with from now on or maybe some shealoe butter.
Protective Style - wearing a few celies under my wig for the week.

Aggie

Wow this Bekura Vanilla Whiskey feels sooooo goodt on my hair :2inlove:. I sure hope it feels the same when I wash it out. So soft to the touch, it's awesome.

I'll keep it on for at least 30 minutes with my heat cap then if I need to, I'll use the Bask & Bloom Brahmi Root Hair Masque

Last edited:

sparkle25

Thanks you!

It seems like you hair is just as picky as mine, so I wanted to get my hands on this! Thanks again!
Just wanted to let you know her sale right now is 35% off of $50 or more. I get emails from her often though with sales if you don't think this particular deal is good. Also, a YouTuber mentioned that the owner uses this as a leave in. I tried a little dab on my toddlers hair as a leave in and so far it's really nice. I've struggled to find something that will keep her 3a-3c hair moisturized, soft, frizz free & curls well formed without being greasy. Greasy hair is my pet peeve. So far, this has been the best thing I have tried. There is still a tiny bit of frizz but this is not sold as a leave in so....I'm perfectly fine with how it works as a DC.

AgeinATL

Just wanted to let you know her sale right now is 35% off of $50 or more. I get emails from her often though with sales if you don't think this particular deal is good. Also, a YouTuber mentioned that the owner uses this as a leave in. I tried a little dab on my toddlers hair as a leave in and so far it's really nice. I've struggled to find something that will keep her 3a-3c hair moisturized, soft, frizz free & curls well formed without being greasy. Greasy hair is my pet peeve. So far, this has been the best thing I have tried. There is still a tiny bit of frizz but this is not sold as a leave in so....I'm perfectly fine with how it works as a DC.

Thank you SO much! Are you low porosity by any chance?

kupenda

*peeks* Can I join? I'm protective styling and have been diligently since mid October. Trying to get my length back after cutting off a lot last year. Im making progress but i know i could do better if i would DC/cowash more. I got lazy. But I'm able to do it once or twice a week for sure. My proposed regi:

Full Wash Day & DC Sunday
Moisturize and seal daily
Cowash/water rinse after workouts

Im pretty low on conditioners right now, but Im using Silk dreams Avocado Pudding and Chocolate Bliss, Hairveda Moist 24/7 and Moist Pro. I will pick up a few other items as the week progresses

Currently dc'ing with heat with SD Avocado Pudding
Mostly kinky type 4 hair with type 3 in the back. Fuzzball. Roughly an inch and a half of heat damage in the front

theRaven

Okay so I finally stopped being lazy and made a protein deep conditioner - mayonnaise, eggs, and olive oil. My hair truly needed it and afterwards my hair was very hard and strong after only 30 minutes of heat. I stored the rest in a small glass jar. I rinsed my hair and used Aussie Moist's moisture deep conditioner for about 7 minutes while in the shower. My hair likes me again now :)

sparkle25

Deep conditioned with heat for 30 min with the Shea Moisture High Porosity Masque. I like this conditioner a lot, but it smells exactly like this shine spray I used to use in Jr High and it's just bringing back bad hair memories lol:perplexed:
Girllll. I started a whole shea moisture thread based on this DC . The smell tho....

Jade Feria

*peeks* Can I join? I'm protective styling and have been diligently since mid October. Trying to get my length back after cutting off a lot last year. Im making progress but i know i could do better if i would DC/cowash more. I got lazy. But I'm able to do it once or twice a week for sure. My proposed regi:

Full Wash Day & DC Sunday
Moisturize and seal daily
Cowash/water rinse after workouts

Im pretty low on conditioners right now, but Im using Silk dreams Avocado Pudding and Chocolate Bliss, Hairveda Moist 24/7 and Moist Pro. I will pick up a few other items as the week progresses

Currently dc'ing with heat with SD Avocado Pudding
Mostly kinky type 4 hair with type 3 in the back. Fuzzball. Roughly an inch and a half of heat damage in the front
Welcome!!!

Neomorph

This is my third time mixing my Shea Moisture High Porosity Masque with the Manuka Honey Masque for my deep conditioning treatment under two conditioning caps (not fancy enough to have a steamer :( ). It provides enough strength (especially now that I use heat every few months) but plenty of moisture in this fickle weather.

Aggie

My wash Day tomorrow will include:

-Pre-pooing with my Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm Combo mixed with Paul Mitchell The Detangler and AVJ

-Shampooing with Bask & Bloom Gentle Herbal Cleanser - I really like this cleanser a lot because it gives a tiny bit of suds and cleanses just like it's name says - gently. Plus it smells nice too for a herbal cleanser.

-Deep Conditioning with Bekura Vanilla Whiskey followed by APB UCS.

-Leave-in Bekura Tonga Mousse and/or NG Sweet Plantain Leave-in

-Plaiting my hair up in 4 big celies and wigging it for the week.

theRaven

Prepooed with a mixture of Amla and Vatika oil. My hair was oily but soft and lovely. Now deep conditioning with my homemade eggs, mayo, and olive oil mixture. Did I mention I forgot to refrigerate my mixture :look: I truly hope my hair does not smell after I wash this out.