2017 Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Jade Feria

On Monday DC'ed overnight with NG Sweet Greens infused with Ayurveda.
Today DC'ed with a mix of CRN Coconut Water Treatment, SSI Curl Moist Conditioner, and MO Babassu Mint DC (containers were running out) 40 minutes under dryer.

NaturallyATLPCH

DCing now with Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian DC sealed with Ayurvedic oil and ayurvedic oil on scalp under soft bonnet dryer, will probably sit under here for about 30 minutes.

Aggie

I've already started my hair washing this morning.

So far I:

Shampooed with Keracare 1st lather Clarifying Shampoo
Shampooed with Keracare Moisturizing Detangling Shampoo
Currently DCing with Dudley's DRC 28 Protein Treatment for 20 minutes
Moisture DCing with a combination of Kerastase Chroma Captive Mask,
amla, brahmi, and kalpi tone powders and avj.
Leave-in - Bekura Honey Latte Hair Milk

May just bun my hair and head out the door to run some errands.

Last edited:

Aggie

I had to come back and add how I really love the combination I used last. The Dudley's DRC 28 stopped breakage in it's tracks and the Kerastase Chroma Captive Mask mixed with the syur-powders worked wonders in softening my hair and made detangling pretty easy. I love this combo.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I had a long day of hair pampering.

Shampooed with Giovanni Smooth as Silk / Tea Tree Tingle mix
JOICO KPak Protein Treatment under heating cap
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner under heating cap

Then two long hours with the blow dryer.

Jade Feria

I used the Carol's Daughter Rhassoul Clay Shampoo and Mask yesterday. Left the mask on for about an hour, then 30 minutes under steamer.That mask is AWESOME! It had great slip, and my hair was nice and soft and moisturized. It even clumped my curls a bit. The only thing is that it's quite heavily fragranced, so someone who's not into loud fragrances probably would be sensitive to it. I personally don't mind.

wheezy807

Well i hope to carry into next year consistency. But when i did manage to dc, my hair responded really well of course. I'm still shopping my stash but i like Shea Moisture amongst other things.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm ending the year with stronger hair and smooth, silky ends. I still have a few splits, but I'm not worried about it. I dust my ends quarterly anyway.

I might dc tomorrow night. I'm out of town, but I did bring my hair stuff. I brought Therapiste prepoo and Maskeratine dc both by Kerastase. I'll just use the hotel shampoo and put my hair in celies afterwards. I should wig it a bit longer...

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
When I regularly deep condition, my hair does better overall. It is stronger, more moisturized, breaks less, sheds less, etc. I see way less hair in my shower drain. Mielle Organics Babassu Mint was my favorite by far this year. It's actually in my head right now for about 2 hours.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Weekly DC'er here. Always with Heat. Loved 2017 & DC'ing. Looking forward to the 2018 challenge.

Will stick to primarily hand-made naturals from the usuals (in no particular order) and because they are already in my Stash:

Hairveda Sitrinillah and Methi Set #1
SheScentIt (Assorted)
Jessicurl DT
Annabelle Perfect Blends (Assorted)
Claudie's Hair Revitalization (Assorted)
Curl Junkie Deep Fix & Banana and Hibiscus
Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair
Naturelle Grow (Assorted)
JMonique Naturals (Assorted)
BoBeam (Assorted)
Kindred Butters (Assorted)
Bask & Bloom Bhrami
Bekura
Hydratherma Naturals *Amino Protein*
Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Seed
Alikay Naturals Honey & Sage and Avocado Creme
Ms. Jessies Super Sweet Back Tx
Soultanicals *Afrotastic*
CD's Black Vanilla Smoothie and CD's Rhassoul Masks

Also trying to put a dent in this list. May also pull my Steamer back out and start steaming again. For the past 6-7 months I've been DC'ing under my Dryer.

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

I have learned that a good DC session sets the bar for my hair's moisture retention for the week. It is also therapeutic.

I have one more use of my MC Halo DC but once I use it up, I will not repurchase. I will be going through various DCs in my stash to use them up, and eventually sticking to light protein based conditioners.

As I said in another thread, I will be adding Colorful Neutral Protein Filler to my current DCs to use them up.

My favorite DC this year was APB Not Easily Broken DC and, even though I will not repurchase unless there is a reeeeaaalllyy good sale, MC Halo DC.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Pre-Poo: Vatika, NW21 and Castor oil
Cantu ACV Root Rinse
Shampoo: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture
Protein: JOICO K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (under the heat cap)
Moisture: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture (under the heat cap)

Rozlewis

By deep conditioning consistently I have experiences stronger, longer, healthier and more manageable hair. My favorite DC's are anything from Naturelle Grow, APB, Mane Choice and Silk Dreams. These lines seem to agree with my hair. In 2018 I plan to continue to give my hair weekly and sometimes twice a week DC treatments.