2017 Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did an impromptu prepoo with Fluidaliste conditioner (I grabbed the wrong sample). Then I washed with the shampoo from the same line. Now I'm doing a 45 minute dc with Maskeratine. These are all products from the Kerastase discipline line for frizz control.
Sadly this was the last time I washed my hair. I've been very hair lazy :( Tomorrow I for sure wash and DC with Chroma Riche bain/mask.

Philippians413

DC'ed with Mielle Organics Babassu Oil DC. This was the second time I've tried this stuff and now I'm sure that my hair hates it. The first time, I blamed its poor performance on me using it too soon after I did a protein treatment, but that wasn't the case this time. I'm going to have to use APB's UCS to put back the moisture that Mielle's depleted. I'm mad my hair had to be odd one out with this one--especially since I can get it on sale on the ground.

Aggie

DC'ed with Mielle Organics Babassu Oil DC. This was the second time I've tried this stuff and now I'm sure that my hair hates it. The first time, I blamed its poor performance on me using it too soon after I did a protein treatment, but that wasn't the case this time. I'm going to have to use APB's UCS to put back the moisture that Mielle's depleted. I'm mad my hair had to be odd one out with this one--especially since I can get it on sale on the ground.
I thought this was a protein treatment though. Protein have that affect on some people's hair and would require a moisturizing DC afterwards anyway right? I might be mistaken though. The question is, did it strengthen your hair at all?

Also the protein in it may not agree with your hair :look:

GGsKin

It is a shame your hair doesn't like this. It left my hair soft and full of life but then my hair loves amino acids (the protein in this con). It's more balancing for me, than an a hard protein treatment.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just washed with Chroma Riche. I'm currently doing an hour dc with Chroma Riche mask. I will add some Lait Vital for the last 30 minutes.

Philippians413

I thought this was a protein treatment though. Protein have that affect on some people's hair and would require a moisturizing DC afterwards anyway right? I might be mistaken though. The question is, did it strengthen your hair at all?

Also the protein in it may not agree with your hair :look:

Yeah, I think the protein in this (I'll have to look up the exact kind) just doesn't agree with my hair--which is shocking to me because I've never come across a protein my hair didn't love; Aphogee Two Step being the HG.

It's supposed to provide protein and moisture without needing an additional moisturizing DC'er afterwards, but even before applying a moisturizing DC, the Mielle left my hair in such a bad state that reapplying just water was difficult. My hair was harder and drier after rinsing the Mielle out than it is when Aphogee is completely dry on my hair. :nono: I even got breakage on my ends, so nope, no strengthening either.

Aggie

Yeah, I think the protein in this (I'll have to look up the exact kind) just doesn't agree with my hair--which is shocking to me because I've never come across a protein my hair didn't love; Aphogee Two Step being the HG.

It's supposed to provide protein and moisture without needing an additional moisturizing DC'er afterwards, but even before applying a moisturizing DC, the Mielle left my hair in such a bad state that reapplying just water was difficult. My hair was harder and dryer after rinsing the Mielle out than it is when Aphogee is completely dry on my hair. :nono: I even got breakage on my ends, so nope, no strengthening either.
Oh wow. That is so odd. I hope you were able to find sonething to restore balance to your hair again.

Last edited:

sparkle25

So I left it on for maybe 2 & 1/2 -3 hours, the last hour with heat. I also warm my conditioners up before applying them to help them absorb better & I always DC on dry hair. I use way less conditioner when they're warmed first. When I took the cap off it all seamed to really have sank in my hair. I mean I barely felt like I was rinsing anything out. It smells good in the jar, but when applying it smelled kinda plasticky and artificial, but my nose is out of control so others may not notice. My hair feels ok. Nothing to write home about. I'll use it again and add some oils to it, but I won't repurchase. I don't like to have to enhance products for them to satisfy me. I'll DC again in maybe 3 days with something else.

Jade Feria

So in doing the first 7 days of MHM, I discovered that my hair loves diluted products, including my DCs. I'm going to continue diluting them, even when I'm not doing MHM. I don't dilute them TOO much - so far I've taken a TBS or 2 of DC in a plastic bowl and mixed in enough warm water to make it more fluid, but still thick. I think this is great, because I can get more use out of my products.

Aggie

So I left it on for maybe 2 & 1/2 -3 hours, the last hour with heat. I also warm my conditioners up before applying them to help them absorb better & I always DC on dry hair. I use way less conditioner when they're warmed first. When I took the cap off it all seamed to really have sank in my hair. I mean I barely felt like I was rinsing anything out. It smells good in the jar, but when applying it smelled kinda plasticky and artificial, but my nose is out of control so others may not notice. My hair feels ok. Nothing to write home about. I'll use it again and add some oils to it, but I won't repurchase. I don't like to have to enhance products for them to satisfy me. I'll DC again in maybe 3 days with something else.
Thanks hun