2017 Hair Growth And Weight Loss Challenge (jan-dec)

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy You've gained weight?! Wow. I thought you would have maintained from the transition.

Sniffle. Yup, I've gained. Sigh.

I'm attending a huge party for my in laws in December. I will use that to motivate me to slender down. I imagine I'm at least 140 right now. I'm not stepping on a scale until after the smoothie cleanse. It will make me sad if I do.

faithVA

I here with both of you ladies. I've gained weight. I was heavier after the triathlon even with all the training. Right now I'm not motivated to lose any. I'm tired of being in a weight loss journey. For the last quarter I'm going to focus on creating a two week meal plan that is healthy, tasty and easy to prepare.

My hair has definitely grown though. I still can't do too much more with it but hopefully I will get there by the 1st quarter of next year.

faithVA

OK. I'm getting closer to getting on the bandwagon. I took FTE with a new company yesterday which comes with some extra health benefits. They have one of those programs where you get discounts on premiums if you meet certain goals. And of course that motivates me. I'm going to use the rest of this week and next to get myself together and go get my labs next Friday.

I also ordered some prepared meals from a local company called Daily Jars which serves clean foods. I will pick up my 5 lunches for the week and put them in the fridge at work.

I'm going to get back to my exercise in the morning before work.

With this combination of things I will be back on track and hopefully dropping some weight in October.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
OK. I'm getting closer to getting on the bandwagon. I took FTE with a new company yesterday which comes with some extra health benefits. They have one of those programs where you get discounts on premiums if you meet certain goals. And of course that motivates me. I'm going to use the rest of this week and next to get myself together and go get my labs next Friday.

I also ordered some prepared meals from a local company called Daily Jars which serves clean foods. I will pick up my 5 lunches for the week and put them in the fridge at work.

I'm going to get back to my exercise in the morning before work.

With this combination of things I will be back on track and hopefully dropping some weight in October.

Excellent moves, @faithVA.

I purchased my green smoothie ingredients today.

I really don't want to be on a weight loss journey any longer. I just want the maintaining of a great-for-me weight and tone to happen via my normal, daily eating and exercise. That is the goal.

I'm going to try to drop 2-3 pounds a week in October and November. I have been struggling to get protein and feeling tired and hungry due to lower intake of protein. I know I will figure out it, but I have to be patient with myself. It's challenging, because, as I mentioned, I'm tired of "the journey." :smile: But it's going to be fine, I know: I am blessed to have the resources to get to where I need to get, and that's what matters. :yep: :smile:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Alright! Here we go. :smile:

Starting weight: 139.0 lbs
Goal weight after the current efforts: 129.0 lbs
Method: 10-day Green Smoothie Cleanse
Start date: September 27
End / weigh-in date: October 7

Today's smoothie is made. I'm going to grab some baby carrots and frce range eggs (I'll just have to bite the bullet to get my protein in).

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I here with both of you ladies. I've gained weight. I was heavier after the triathlon even with all the training. Right now I'm not motivated to lose any. I'm tired of being in a weight loss journey. For the last quarter I'm going to focus on creating a two week meal plan that is healthy, tasty and easy to prepare.

My hair has definitely grown though. I still can't do too much more with it but hopefully I will get there by the 1st quarter of next year.
Did you gain muscle and lose inches? Has your endurance increased?

BellaRose

Been eating 1 bad meal each day this week. That needs to stop. I was mixing them within my healthy meals. Like would have my oat-wheatgerm mix for breakfast, then have 10 grapes and a plum for morning snack, salad for lunch, a pack of oreo biscuits for an afternoon snack then after gym, scrambled eggs with tomatoes and pachoi. Hm... Yeah i spliced in the bad stuff.

Evolving78

I will be having a vegan protein shake and a salad for breakfast. Will have chicken and veggie stir fry later today.
I played around too much in my hair the past few days and was just trimming like a scissor happy psycho, so I gave up my scissors to my friend, and won't trim anymore until Dec. so now I gotta do everything in my power to be good to my ends. I was trying to do my two braids, but I was just causing mechanical breakage. So I will just put my hair up in my little clip, until I can figure why I was being so rough. Maybe my hair doesn't want to be braided?

I will cowash one day and next wash day, shampoo and deep condition. I will heavily oil my hair and scalp. I will put my plastic cap on for a green house effect for an hour or two.

Alma Petra

All I would like to lose is 3 kg to see what I would look like then. But it just seems like my subconscious doesn't want me to. I have been stuck at the same weight since joining this challenge and I haven't even been putting any effort at all into losing weight. I think that I'm afraid of hunger since I know what it feels like from my previous weight loss journey. So my brain is pouting and just doesn't want to start a new one.