2017 Hair Growth And Weight Loss Challenge (jan-dec)

BellaRose

Plyometrics done. As soon as i finish my exercise I put the next day's dvd in my laptop for when i return home. Feeling good with a nice energy boost.
Hair is in double rows of cornrows going back, ends tucked in. I know they are not looking all that as i only do cornrows for crochet braids. But who cares? They're good enough to walk in public with. lol

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Great thinking. I do that sometimes.

I did 60 minutes of cardio today...but I ate back the calories I burned while waiting on roadside assistance to fix my flat.

:lol: I can so see myself doing the SAME thing.

I adore you! You're so real.

That datgum healthy ice cream thread has gotten to me. Once DH gets out of the shower, I'm headed to Kroger to get some. I should be DONE with calorie intake today, but here I go. :look:

Daina

Been traveling for work and forgot to bring my resistance band and smaller ankle weights. Headed back home today so will get back to it first thing tomorrow. I'm actually going to go to the gym in the morning to use the weight machines and for a change of scenery to kick me back into gear. I could have used the gym in the hotel but my cycle started as soon as I got here and I've felt tired, crampy and crappy most of the week. So instead I've been eating too much (thanks Nashville for the BBQ) and giving in to my salty/sweet cravings. The only bright spot has been my water intake which I have kept up and I have hit my gallon per day goal almost every day.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
That healthy ice cream wasn't too bad last night! I only had a few spoonfuls, too, before I became satiated.

I just lay in bed this morning instead of jump roping. I'll have to wait until this evening to exercise now.

I'm going to flash my hair under the water to refresh this wash and go, and call it a day.

BellaRose

How on earth do you.manage to drink a gallon every day? I struggle with my 1.5litre
Been traveling for work and forgot to bring my resistance band and smaller ankle weights. Headed back home today so will get back to it first thing tomorrow. I'm actually going to go to the gym in the morning to use the weight machines and for a change of scenery to kick me back into gear. I could have used the gym in the hotel but my cycle started as soon as I got here and I've felt tired, crampy and crappy most of the week. So instead I've been eating too much (thanks Nashville for the BBQ) and giving in to my salty/sweet cravings. The only bright spot has been my water intake which I have kept up and I have hit my gallon per day goal almost every day.

IronButterfly

So I bit the bullet and cooked a "healthy meal" tonight: spaghetti squash and baked sole. I wish someone else could clean this mess, though.

NaturalShe94

Eating when I'm hungry makes me want more food. But when I eat a few hours after being starving, I eat and I'm good after for a long time. I don't know why this happens, but, I feel its the only way I can stop myself from over eating. Do I like it? No. But I feel as though the "small portions every two/three hours" method doesn't work for me. On the upside, my body adapts to whatever eating habit I incorporate. If I eat like a pig, I get hungrier faster and want to constantly eat like a pig. Then I gain all this weight over a few days. But if I eat less, like only two healthy snacks and one big meal a day or even just one big meal a day, my appetite will not feel crazy hungry for long periods of time and I eat wayyyy less. This is the method that works for me and I lose weight. My morning routine doesnt change. Still coffee and a veggie fruit home made shake after and water all day.
Is my one big meal a day and POSSIBLY a snack or two not healthy?

BellaRose

Eating when I'm hungry makes me want more food. But when I eat a few hours after being starving, I eat and I'm good after for a long time. I don't know why this happens, but, I feel its the only way I can stop myself from over eating. Do I like it? No. But I feel as though the "small portions every two/three hours" method doesn't work for me. On the upside, my body adapts to whatever eating habit I incorporate. If I eat like a pig, I get hungrier faster and want to constantly eat like a pig. Then I gain all this weight over a few days. But if I eat less, like only two healthy snacks and one big meal a day or even just one big meal a day, my appetite will not feel crazy hungry for long periods of time and I eat wayyyy less. This is the method that works for me and I lose weight. My morning routine doesnt change. Still coffee and a veggie fruit home made shake after and water all day.
Is my one big meal a day and POSSIBLY a snack or two not healthy?
I have no idea. I've always heard not to skip meals. That it will affect your metabolism. Maybe someone might know the answer or you may have to do more research on it.

BellaRose

Did shoulders and arms and abs last night. Yoga tonight but it beat my behind. Did 40 minutes. Didn't realize the dvd was close to 2 hours long.

BellaRose

Last night was legs, back and abs. Undid my cornrows and replace with twists to cowash. Then i'll do cornrows to the front again and redo the twists in the back.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Did cardio yesterday. I'm looking forward to being in more cardiovascular shape!

It took me forever -- and I think I'll get speedier with it -- but I achieved my best wash-and-go to date last night / this morning. It featured:
  1. 22nd Century Natural Woman Shampoo Bar (strands cleanser),
  2. Cantu ACV Rinse (scalp cleanser),
  3. aloe Vera juice (liquid),
  4. DIY CurlyProverbz hair growth oil (oil),
  5. Kinky Curly Knot Today (Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion worked, too) (leave-in),
  6. Kinky Curly Curling Custard (gel),
  7. 3 ponytails to stretch the wash-and-go as it dried, and
  8. my HairFlair attachment on a hand-held dryer.

OriginalBeauty

My I join? I need some support and accountability.

My main issue is eating all day so I will be using intermittent fasting to control my intake.

I'm done eating for the day. I want to be done by 12:00 daily. Breakfast (not just traditional breakfast foods) will be my main meal.

I've gotten some impromptu salsa in for the day with DH. That was fun. I love dance.

BellaRose

My I join? I need some support and accountability.

My main issue is eating all day so I will be using intermittent fasting to control my intake.

I'm done eating for the day. I want to be done by 12:00 daily. Breakfast (not just traditional breakfast foods) will be my main meal.

I've gotten some impromptu salsa in for the day with DH. That was fun. I love dance.
Of course you can @OriginalBeauty. Welcome!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I just thought I'd share. I'm working on reaching for these types of snacks/foods anytime I think I need potato chips and/or a burger. ;) I saw this on Pinterest.

BellaRose

Sunday was rest day. I cowashed and deep conditioned my hair, twisting it using the same parts from my cornrows.
Yesterday was chest and back again.

W04andia

Hello all, it's been a long whileeeeee...
I've been consistent with my exercise but have fallen all the way off with my eating.
I'm back to be more serious about this weight loss and hair growth.
I have my hair in a bun slathered with coconut oil as a pre-poo as I hit the gym. When I come back home i'll wash, DC and air dry.

I need to keep sticking to three balanced square meals a day so I am starting a spreadsheet to track my meals and supplements.

Hope you all are doing well. x

BellaRose

Did the same exercises as last week- chest and back Monday, plyometric Tuesday, shoulders and arms Wednesday. i skipped two days as i was dreading the yoga. Just finished doing 45 minutes of it- 5 minutes more than last week. The exercises seemed to get harder as they go. Tomorrow is legs and back.

CharlieEcho

May I join too? I'm on a quest to loose 25lbs. I'm down 9lbs as of the beginning of this month through a lean low carb diet and running 5 miles 5 days a week.
I'm also aiming for full apl by the end of the month

Weight - 163 , 74 kg - another 20lbs to go
Height - 5'2, 157.7 cm
Hair length - below collar bone , shoulder length?

Last edited:

IronButterfly

My eating is better, but my workout was in the toilet this week. Exhaustion and just the joy of having the home to myself (while my son was in school) for a few hours without any obligations forced me to stay in bed for extended hours. :look:

LushLox

@BellaRose can I join also?

I've cut out all carbs and all sugars, no sodas no cake etc. Eating a lot of spinach and leafy greens with protein meats. The weight has dropped off, I've only been doing it for a few weeks and I've lost one dress size. I'll be very pleased if I can drop one more dress size by the end of June; that is my goal size.

I've upped my water intake significantly also.

Last edited:

CharlieEcho

I tried to detox yesterday with the cabbage soup diet. Went for an hour run but I had hardly any energy. Today I went for a gentle 5mile walk as I had no energy. I eat two boiled eggs, plenty of soup and a tablespoon of peanut butter. Totally not following the diet at all.

Back to eating normal calories tomorrow.