2017 Oil Grease Butter Creme Lotion Pomade Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissa0821

Prepooing with BB Tropical Roots JBCO at the moment. I like it so far, its a great mixture of oils. Will wash my hair at some point today and grease my scalp with Softee indian hemp grease mixed with JBCO.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
My hair is still supersoft from the babassu oil pretreatment and some sheds are still sliding out my hair when I play with it (yeah, I know, bad habit). The real test will be how well it can handle the coils at full tightness. If it does not work with the wash and go, I will use it after a protein treatment on dry hair. Another bottle is on the way.

The rule for oils, keep in a cool, dark place, yes that actually works and can preserve them for years beyond the expiration date. The deep freezer is the best place, hands down.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
If there is a category for softening oils, babassu oil goes in there. I slathered on about a couple of teaspoonful an hour before watering my head and finger-detangled without any additional product. Easy to detangle under running water and so soft, even when a strand snapped (I hate that sound, plucks my nerves), silence. Still baby soft after drying, non-greasy film, but the clump factor is meh. It feels like I had used a good conditioner without the waxiness from the fatty alcohols.

I will definitely use this after a protein treatment to counteract that "plastic thread" feeling. Babassu oil definitely penetrates, but I do not feel it would protect the proteins like hempseed and castor oil do. I might mix a little with my Castor Mix for the next batch to see what happens.

Lissa0821

I usually prepoo with JBCO or Sunflower/Avocado oil mix. I think I am going to start oil rinsing instead. I will wash my hair with shampoo, apply oil for a few minutes, then rinse it out with slightly hot water followed by deep conditioner. I love what oils do to my hair.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Babassu oil on dry hair for an hour, finger detangled under water. Tried wheat germ oil for the first time. It smelled like super-concentrated wheat and nuts, almost as thick as hempseed oil, and went white while rubbing between my wet hands. The amount of additional shed hairs that came out was ridiculous. I was scolding my head, "Stahp! Stop it!" Yup, this oil definitely contains ceramides, felt like a thicker version of rice bran oil. I will oil rinse with it a few more times alone to see how my hair and scalp like it.

Royalq

So i figured out how to negate the itching from the grease. I added a few drops of peppermint essential oil. So now the mix is castor oil, grease, and peppermint oil. The peppermint oil makes it feel so good and tingly. It also stimulates growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.