2017 Oil Grease Butter Creme Lotion Pomade Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Writing my concoction down so I won't forget. I used a tiny bit of SM curl & style milk, L'Oréal color vive pro conditioner, a tiny bit of APB Hurry up and Grow oil in Hot Apple Pie, and some bottled water.

For my oil, I used JBCO, coconut and olive.

I'll probably be using these things until my other stuff comes.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm in.

I will use one of the following oils on top of my deep conditioner 2x/wk:
Forever Unique Hair & Body oil
Hempseed oil
Sunflower oil

Daily I will use Liquid Gold Hair Growth oil on my edges and scalp. Since my hair is fine and gets greasy easily I'm going to look into using a rollerball applicator like @charmtreese mentioned.

I use lotion type moisturizers daily. I'm currently rotating Darcy's Botanicals Coconut & Lemongrass Transitioning Cream and Honey Handmade's Carrot & Coconut Milk Conditioning Cream.

Last edited:

CeeLex33

Happy Healthy Hair!
I'm in Ladies, thanks for the tag @IDareT'sHair :yay:

Used Honey Handmade's Whipped Shea Butter and Cream & Coco's Black Hibiscus Infused Castor Oil, it has a nice light scent- hard to place it though- but I like it.

Pmpomatic

Xcel21 cream, HTN Growth lotion, and Cocasta oil w/ bamboo extract on hair line.
Njoy Growth oil on scalp.
Xcel21 cream and Jakeala parfait on ends.

demlew

I'd like to join! I'm relaxed and mostly bun. Ordering some HBCO from kreyol essence but while I wait:

Oils:
HV cocasta
HBCO when it arrives
Avocado and/or grapeseed for DCs

Cremes:
Elasta QP mango butter
APB ayurvedic creams

Lotion:
NTM leave-in

Pomades: APB

sissimpson

My daughter! She visited for the weekend and stole my spritz bottle! I use rosewater, aloe vera juice and glycerin under a CC Natural's moisturizing cream, and seal with my shea butter mix. I've been bunning for about 6 weeks, but the past week I've been doing twist outs. Going on a cruise next week, and I have to practice being cute! I'm also planning to steam, steam, steam like crazy while in the steam room.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
It seems I'll be alright without the rollerball applicator but if anyone is interested you can get 6 bottles for $6.99 on Amazon. Great price and especially if you have Prime you can get it in 2 days and shipped for free.

I used Honey Handmades Carrot & Coconut Milk Conditioning Cream as my moisturizer yesterday. I also applied LGH growth oil on my edges and scalp last night and this morning. I expected it to stank but it smells good. The consistency makes it easy to put a drop on my finger and apply, perfect!

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Moisturized with my mix and sealed with my oils. This time, I used more JBCO instead of coconut and olive oil when I made my oil mixture. Then I did some bogus cornrows and added some rods to the end. I gotta say, my hair is feeling really soft and thick. I'm still in awe lol. Thanks for putting me in the hair prayer circle :lol:

Edited to add: Oh, and the store ended up not having a spray bottle anyway.

Aggie

I used some avj, evco, and evoo as a prepoo this morning. After deep conditioning today, I will use NG Sweet Plantain and sealing with B&B Silky Aloe Pudding

imaginary

Nw21 on scalp and sm moisture mist on hair, Giovanni direct leave-in, argan lavender olive oil and then castor oil on my ends. My hair was parched.

Pmpomatic

Xcel21 cream, HTN Growth lotion, and Cocasta oil w/ bamboo extract on hair line.
Njoy Growth oil on scalp.
HTN Moisurizing Growth lotion and Jakeala parfait on ends.

sissimpson

Washed my hair today using Nexxus shampoo and rinse outconditioner. Sprayed with my rose/aloe/glycerin mix, applied avocado oil, then applied a layer of CC natural's moisturizing cream. Back to my bun!

Status
Not open for further replies.