2017 Oil Grease Butter Creme Lotion Pomade Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alma Petra

That combo sound nice! See if the vitamin E oil reduces your shedding over time as well. I want to know if was just a fluke on my head.

I am very curious me too. But unlike you, I am desperate as well because my shedding has gone crazy wild again. I don't mind stunted growth to be honest; I'll take it anytime over a bald head.

So fingers crossed!

How long do you think it might take me to start noticing a difference?

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I am very curious me too. But unlike you, I am desperate as well because my shedding has gone crazy wild again. I don't mind stunted growth to be honest; I'll take it anytime over a bald head.

So fingers crossed!

How long do you think it might take me to start noticing a difference?
I noticed the difference on the second rinse, and it improved even more on the third. It returned to normal just as fast. Maybe I will put it in rotation with coffee rinses to see what happens.

Alma Petra

I noticed the difference on the second rinse, and it improved even more on the third. It returned to normal just as fast. Maybe I will put it in rotation with coffee rinses to see what happens.

Ooh I hope that I will see similarly fast results! Do coffee rinses give you the same effect?

Bad&Bougee

Was on vacay and hadn't done a thing to my hair so I decided to treat myself to a nice wash when I returned home. On dry hair I did a scalp treatment with clary sage, neem, sandalwood, palmrosa and a little aloe vera gel. Messaged into scalp for 5 minutes, baggy and let sit for 3 hours while I did chores. The natural heat activation was great and really opened up my pores.

Did normal wash routine. Sealed with Komaza Jojoba Hemp. Scalp feels so good. Hair is shiny.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
@Sharpened why coffee and not green tea? I haven't done either, wanted to do a green tea rinse so just curious.
The tannins in tea tend to act like a protein in my hair, making it stiff over time. I never have that problem with coffee, and my maker has a reusable filter that allow me to get the benefits of the trace amount of oil coffee contains. Green tea has way less tannins than black or oolong, so I would use that instead.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I trialled my chlorella infused emu oil this morning. It detangled OK, not as well as the apricot kernel. It behaved like a lighter version of the Derma-E. For a minute, I thought it was going to be a pure penetrating oil (JBCO on standby for emergency sealing), but the thin film appeared after 15 minutes under the shower. My hair is still wet at the roots, so the final verdict will be in a few hours.

Emu oil contains both saturated and unsaturated fats, so the pure, unrefined stuff can separate over time. Mine did and I am using the clear liquid stuff for trialing; I am guessing the more solid stuff will behave like a penetrating, non-sealing oil.

Am I the only weirdo who can feel stuff penetrating the scalp, especially on the top?

Bad&Bougee

The tannins in tea tend to act like a protein in my hair, making it stiff over time. I never have that problem with coffee, and my maker has a reusable filter that allow me to get the benefits of the trace amount of oil coffee contains. Green tea has way less tannins than black or oolong, so I would use that instead.

That is good information, thank you!! My hair enjoys protein so I may be okay. However, I'm going to try Red Roobios tea first. If not the desired effect, will try green next. Can't wait until Friday night!!

Bad&Bougee

I trialled my chlorella infused emu oil this morning. It detangled OK, not as well as the apricot kernel. It behaved like a lighter version of the Derma-E. For a minute, I thought it was going to be a pure penetrating oil (JBCO on standby for emergency sealing), but the thin film appeared after 15 minutes under the shower. My hair is still wet at the roots, so the final verdict will be in a few hours.

Emu oil contains both saturated and unsaturated fats, so the pure, unrefined stuff can separate over time. Mine did and I am using the clear liquid stuff for trialing; I am guessing the more solid stuff will behave like a penetrating, non-sealing oil.

Am I the only weirdo who can feel stuff penetrating the scalp, especially on the top?

Does emu oil have a smell?

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
My hair is now dry, and I am a bit surprised. The conditioning film left on my hair feels a touch better than hempseed and soft to the back of my hand (no prickly ends). My coils are mostly defined and not as shrunken as with other oils. I will leave my hair alone for a day or 2 to see how it behaves. If it stay cools to the touch, then clear emu oil will join castor and hempseed in my upper echelon of oils.

Beamodel

I did my very first twist out two days ago.

I used the following on one side and the other on the other side:

Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting
HQS Greaseless Moisture

Talk about I creditable definition and softness on both sides. I've been res fresh omg my hair daily by lightly spritzing my hair with APB leave in Conditioner.

Bad&Bougee

I know the answer is buried in a thread somewhere but can someone help me out with the best method for a tea rinse? From what I read, I liked the method of washing my hair with herbal shampoo, rinse hair with Red Roobios tea, massage scalp and let sit for 3 hours, put DC on top of tea laden hair and baggy overnight. Does that sound ok?

Bad&Bougee

Sadly, all I've been doing is spritzing hair with Komaza Vitamin Reign and Moisturizing Spray, putting carrot oil on my hairline. Don't want to do too much because I am doing a tea rinse tonight!!! I am SO excited!!!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I know the answer is buried in a thread somewhere but can someone help me out with the best method for a tea rinse? From what I read, I liked the method of washing my hair with herbal shampoo, rinse hair with Red Roobios tea, massage scalp and let sit for 3 hours, put DC on top of tea laden hair and baggy overnight. Does that sound ok?
@Bad&Bougee
Sounds good. I put my DC'er over mine. There is a variety of great ways to do it.

You should also post this in the Coffee, Tea Thread for more responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.