2017 Oil Grease Butter Creme Lotion Pomade Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I'm trying up upload two pictures but the forum won't let me be great. Anyway, the picture above was from the early spring when the weather was still changing and dry. I have to really heavy seal then. It is summer now, so I don't have to go too crazy and it's lighter, but I still use a leave in, cream, moisturizer, butter and grease (or gel if the occasion calls for it).

Since doing this, I still have to dust, but I get hardly any ssks doing heavy sealing. My ends in particular stay in good shape. I get paddy dreads from too much moisture, but it's not to bad if I keep my protein in check.

IMG_2317.JPG

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Thank you!! After you seal like this what do you do next? Do you take it down the next morning. Like how does it dry? Or do you wear a wig? Sorry I'm so questionative lol. I'm trying to get a new regimen going.

My heavy sealing routine is 'lighter'- I'll use a leave-in cream, butter, and castor oil. I have to wear a wig or bun/updo if I heavy seal.

RossBoss

Thanks to @nysister for recommending the Olde Jamaica Black Castor pomade. I have been using it and I like the dye that is in it because it makes my hair look darker. I looked at the ingredients and saw that it has beeswax in it. I used beeswax years ago and man, that stuff attracts dirt like no other. My hair would begin to stink after 3 days or so. With this in mind, I will just be shampooing every night with a very gentle cleansing shampoo bar. I'm trying to get out of the twa phase so I will be using the pomade everyday and shampooing at night everyday until Spring.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Thank you!! After you seal like this what do you do next? Do you take it down the next morning. Like how does it dry? Or do you wear a wig? Sorry I'm so questionative lol. I'm trying to get a new regimen going.
I normally do that in a Saturday afternoon and wear my scarf covered again with a bonnet. Or a slap cap. Most of it absorbs and dries by Monday, and then I just bun.

If it's too much, just go lighter with your products, but I have a lot and thick hair, and this works especially well in the winter.

Aggie

Because I washed and DCed yesterday, last night it was on with the heavy sealing. I finally pulled out my MHC Sophia's Grease as my final step. It feels so good, I tell ya! I slept with a plastic cap, wig cap and satin cap on to prevent my pillow from getting greasy. This morning, I am wigging it for the rest of the week.

beautyaddict1913

I normally do that in a Saturday afternoon and wear my scarf covered again with a bonnet. Or a slap cap. Most of it absorbs and dries by Monday, and then I just bun.

If it's too much, just go lighter with your products, but I have a lot and thick hair, and this works especially well in the winter.
Thank you! I will be adding it to my winter reg! My hair suffers in winter

Beany

@Beany
Is this your Homemade Blend? (Sounds Goodt:lick:)

It is homemade. I have A HUGE bag of calendula petals. My goodness I had no idea that bag was gonna be that big when I ordered. I can send some to you if you'd like. That goes for anybody in this thread; I seriously I have more than I could ever use smh. The petals are from mountain rose herbs.

I'm using calendula because it is soothing and I don't want any problems with that NW21.

Here's a link: https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/home/this-is-what-your-scalp-craves-dont-deprive-it/ You could also Google "calendula for scalp"

Ms. T you could also do rinses with the petals.

Beany

@Beany
:goodpost:

Thank You so much Sis.:kiss:

I have some.:look:

I may try to 'produce' something similar. I've been using my Petals for Rinses.

Thanks for the Link.

ETA: I get it about NW21. I can only use it a short while, before I have to take a break.

I've been using the NW21 on and off since the spring and haven't had any issues, but I'm just overly cautious because of some of the experiences I read about (yours included).

Status
Not open for further replies.