2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

faithVA

Thinking of doing two strand twist soon? How long does it last though
Are you doing them yourself or having them done?

If you are doing them yourself, since this is your first time, maybe about 2 weeks.

Some people can wash in their twist so they can wear their twists for a month or longer.

I can get two weeks. I can't wash in my twist.

ITS.CHRISSI

What length are you now?
I am currently at the bottom on my neck at the nape and my lips at the front. I currently have a tapered hair cut that I am growing out.

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?
Natural and I do not intend on texlaxing again as I had a bad experience. Bone straight or natural for me and I think I will stay natural.

What's your plan to reach SL?
I will continue my styling routine of wash and go's every 3 days or so. It keeps my hair moist and scalp clean. I will include some protective styling occasionally but the tight styles cause more harm than good.
I will DC every week or so with whatever I have on hand.
Consistent Vitamins! pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic1.jpg pic2.jpg
Simplicity will be the best for me in this situation.

What's your regimen?
Wash every 3-4 Days with a shampoo 1x only
Style with eco styler leave-in and oil/butter
DC 1x per week
Pree Poo with coconut oil when I remember massaging into scalp

How will you celebrate/reward yourself when you reach SL?
I will likely press my hair at home or do some highlights at a deva salon

Anything else you want to share?
Good luck to us all!!!

excuse the silly faces.

LdyKamz

I'm in again! I wasn't going to join but I need to get serious. I say that every few weeks then fall off. I'll come back with stats just feeling too lazy to add them right now. I'll also visit the SL 2016 thread and try one more time to add my update pic. I'll probably use the same one as my starting pic here.

Evolving78

I normally sleep pretty with a roller set, but something is different this time around...
anyway I don't wanna be in my hair too much rolling it at night.

I was looking at Sally's ION hard water shampoo yesterday. The water here is bad. Is that a shampoo to use once a month?

faithVA

I normally sleep pretty with a roller set, but something is different this time around...
anyway I don't wanna be in my hair too much rolling it at night.

I was looking at Sally's ION hard water shampoo yesterday. The water here is bad. Is that a shampoo to use once a month?
Do you have a water filter?

I have that shampoo but I don't use it regularly. I tend to do a mud wash instead. That shampoo was a bit drying for my hair. I bought it to shampoo after I swim which I have yet to do.

ITS.CHRISSI

I started my vitamins. I use the Mary Ruth Organics liquid vitamins now. I am a vegetarian/pesc and I find that I do not get all of the vitamins that I need even with this lifestyle choice (I am working on it) so it is a good supplement for me. And I have been focusing on my water.
Wash day tonight I look forward to a scalp massage.

LdyKamz

What length are you now?
NL

Natural

Moisture/protein balance, no headbands to avoid breakage and no cutting this time around. Trimming OK

What's your regimen?
Wash once a week with a mid week cowash alternating moisture and protein dc's. Nothing else really. Simple is better for me.

Think I might finally try rollersetting again and wearing more stretched styles.

I have to make sure that all of my good practices carry over to this year. I was able to grow out my nape from patchy spots and fill in my thinning, balding spot from wearing headbands. My hair hates those headbands even though they are cute.

Post your starting pic:
I'll post after I blow dry next week.

Last edited:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I plan to start 2017 off with a clean slate for optimal hydration and length retention. I did a hard water makeover this week and I really like the results. My hair has no definition but was left extra clean and fluffy!

The top two pics is my wet hair immediately after rinsing the hard water shampoo. The bottom two pics are immediately after rinsing out the hard water treatment. My hair went from dull and ashy to dark and lovely. I'll probably do another treatment at the beginning of January just to make sure I removed all the hard water deposits and chlorine. It's now ready to thoroughly receive all the moisture I'll put on it@

Attachments

• 20161208_113806.jpg
    20161208_113806.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
What length are you now?
NL

Natural

Moisture & Protective Styling. Curb my trichotillomania.

What's your regimen?
Working on that.

Rock my cute earrings with my blown out fro.

Yellowbird blow dryers are the truth. And shrinkage is the devil.

Post your starting pic:
Must I? I was looking a mess, a sin and a shame.

Attachments

• Capture+_2016-11-16-18-50-43-1.png
    Capture+_2016-11-16-18-50-43-1.png
    423.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Capture+_2016-11-16-18-52-41-1.png
    Capture+_2016-11-16-18-52-41-1.png
    769.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Capture+_2016-11-16-18-55-55-1.png
    Capture+_2016-11-16-18-55-55-1.png
    371.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 20161209_163430.jpg
    20161209_163430.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53

Evolving78

I plan to start 2017 off with a clean slate for optimal hydration and length retention. I did a hard water makeover this week and I really like the results. My hair has no definition but it left it extra clean and fluffy!

The top two pics is my wet hair immediately after rinsing the hard water shampoo. The bottom two pics are immediately after rinsing out the hard water treatment. My hair went from dull and ashy to dark and lovely. I'll probably do another treatment at the beginning of January just to make sure I removed all the hard water deposits and chlorine. It's now ready to thoroughly receive all the moisture I'll put on it@
It does look different! I just clarified my hair too. I used Joico to remove mineral and chlorine deposits. I followed with design essentials. What did you deep CON with?

Evolving78

I just rinsed out the conditioner. I rinsed in the sink! It wasn't bad detangling though. My hair was pretty pliable to work with. All I used was my detangling spray and two tiny drops of Keracare silken seal. I put some foam wrap lotion on my edges and tied my hair down to air dry a bit. I will blow dry and flat iron today.

beingofserenity

What length are you now?
NL

Natural

What's your regimen?
Working on that.

Post your starting pic:

Lol :lachen:you look fine.

Evolving78

What length are you now?
NL

Natural

What's your regimen?
Working on that.

Post your starting pic:
I love your earrings! Did you make those?

faithVA

I like the green tea leave in too and have to shampoo but haven't tried it yet. The HMHM is BAE!

What is HMHM? Is that the moisturizer? If so you are right. I can actually put it on my dry hair and my hair is moisturized. I also have the twist cream but haven't use it recently.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I can't use honey to save my life! It's like how coconut oil behaves for certain people. Products with it leave my hair stiff. It's like glycerin. I really need to get a new shower filter too!

I would still try it out and return it if you don't like it because most people fell in love with it. Sometimes it's not just any one ingredient that's not working for you but the entire formulation of the product as a,whole. You might be surprised by the results you get from it. Youll have to weigh the risks, how bad does it get when your hair reacts to honey? Is it hair breaking bad (Breaking Bad, get it,...NVM, lol) or a slight imbalance but nothing next wash day can't fix bad?

faithVA

I can't use honey to save my life! It's like how coconut oil behaves for certain people. Products with it leave my hair stiff. It's like glycerin. I really need to get a new shower filter too!
I can't usually use coconut oil. I avoid it at all costs. But TGIN has it in the products and somehow the way they have blended it works for me.

Sometimes hair products are like food. I hated limassol beans until I met someone who really knew how to cook them :lol:

faithVA

I would still try it out and return it if you don't like it because most people fell in love with it. Sometimes it's not just any one ingredient that's not working for you but the entire formulation of the product as a,whole. You might be surprised by the results you get from it. Youll have to weigh the risks, how bad does it get when your hair reacts to honey? Is it hair breaking bad (Breaking Bad, get it,...NVM, lol) or a slight imbalance but nothing next wash day can't fix bad?
I didn't the read your post first but we are thinking the same thing about formulation.