2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

faithVA

I love it!
@faithVA your sets look really pretty! So smooth! What product combos have you been using lately?

Thanks ladies. As my ends get better my sets get better.

I've been using the TGIN products but as long as I don't put on a lot of products my sets turn out ok.

This time around I just washed and conditioned with TGIN, spritzed on a very diluted tgin leave in. I set with Silk Elements Strength and Silk styling Foam. It's the first time I used it. I like it.

Evolving78

I caught a stomach bug yesterday and it seems like the storm is over, but I'm feeling the aftermath. I was vomiting all day to complete exhaustion. I was suppose to wash my hair yesterday. The scarf has been saving me. I'm still very tired and dehydrated. I can keep Popsicles down now. I guess it was a 24 hour bug. I refuse to eat or drink anything else, until tomorrow! lol I don't have the energy to hop in and out of the shower.

faithVA

Took down my flat twist because they were dry and frizzy looking. I moisturized with TGIN leave-in, used KBB pomade over that and twisted with TGIN twist creme. Its up for another week. I will wash it this upcoming weekend.

I can't even imagine the day when I wear another style other than flat twist.

Evolving78

I'm in beauty shop mode today! I shampooed my hair, I put in a blue black rinse, as well as black cherry to make sure I cancel out the green. I need to dust my ends I think? So I'm debating about setting my hair on big rollers, then flat ironing, or blow dry. I think I will blow dry, since I need my hair to be super straight.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I'm in beauty shop mode today! I shampooed my hair, I put in a blue black rinse, as well as black cherry to make sure I cancel out the green. I need to dust my ends I think? So I'm debating about setting my hair on big rollers, then flat ironing, or blow dry. I think I will blow dry, since I need my hair to be super straight.
Damn girl you got a whole lot going on :lol: please post pictures

Evolving78

@shortdub78 are you still using a clear gloss for? I found one I think I want to purchase but it says I can use it every day. I wouldn't but is that true. This is the one. Is this the kind of gloss you're talking about or is this something different?
http://www.ulta.com/luminous-color-glaze-clear-shine?productId=xlsImpprod620050

Eta I know we talked about it before but I'm too lazy to search for the page(s). Lol
Yes I still use a clear gloss. I plan on using one on top of this as well. I use one every two weeks.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I caught a stomach bug yesterday and it seems like the storm is over, but I'm feeling the aftermath. I was vomiting all day to complete exhaustion. I was suppose to wash my hair yesterday. The scarf has been saving me. I'm still very tired and dehydrated. I can keep Popsicles down now. I guess it was a 24 hour bug. I refuse to eat or drink anything else, until tomorrow! lol I don't have the energy to hop in and out of the shower.

I hope your back to your usual self, those stomach bugs ain't no joke!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
After two weeks of straight hair, I finally washed and twisted it this weekend...I miss it already : -(. As my hair started to revert a little as some time has passed, I noticed a lot of layers which are shorter than I thought or like in order to claim SL next month. I'm still going to straighten it and post post pics for our 1st quarter length check and let y'all be the judge.

LdyKamz

Yes I still use a clear gloss. I plan on using one on top of this as well. I use one every two weeks.
I'm gonna buy that John Frieda one. I think it looks OK. I haven't seen any negative reviews. I was kinda hoping I would find one just to see what's the worst thing that could happen to my hair. But I guess there really isn't much risk here unless there's color in it.

Evolving78

I'm gonna buy that John Frieda one. I think it looks OK. I haven't seen any negative reviews. I was kinda hoping I would find one just to see what's the worst thing that could happen to my hair. But I guess there really isn't much risk here unless there's color in it.
Let me know how it works! I can't buy anything else right now!

faithVA

I took my hair down yesterday and water rinsed. I put it back up in flat twist and it was a hot mess :lol: My parts were crooked from the front to the back. I was over it and went to work with crazy twist and crooked parts.

I came home and shampooed with CON and deep conditioned with TGIN. I'm sitting under the dryer now with a curlformer set. I used It's a 10 leave-in for the first time. My hair usually dries in 1 hour and 15 minutes. I hope it dries about the same time with the It's a 10. I'm just going to take out the curlformers and put on a bonnet and see how it turns out tomorrow.

Miss617

Always left of center
Hey ladies!

I had a crappy week last week, which translated into a lazy hair week. I just did a quick wash Friday or Saturday and banded it, then combed it today to try my first flat twist hairstyle! It came out OK, but I think I could/should have detangled it more and maybe used something to smooth it down since it's a little fuzzy in places. I slapped my scarf on to try and flatten it a bit, but I'll be back with pictures once it looks a little more presentable. If I have time today, I may redo them, but we'll see.

faithVA

Hey ladies!

I had a crappy week last week, which translated into a lazy hair week. I just did a quick wash Friday or Saturday and banded it, then combed it today to try my first flat twist hairstyle! It came out OK, but I think I could/should have detangled it more and maybe used something to smooth it down since it's a little fuzzy in places. I slapped my scarf on to try and flatten it a bit, but I'll be back with pictures once it looks a little more presentable. If I have time today, I may redo them, but we'll see.
Can't wait to see it. Next time will be even better

LdyKamz

Think I'll start cowashing midweek again. Need more moisture. Last week before I deep conditioned my hair was so dry and breaking off. After I dc'd it felt better but I'm still worried. I'll be cowashing tomorrow.

faithVA

I want to wash my hair tonight but it's too late. I need to wash some clothes.

I hope to get off early tomorrow that way I can do a nice mudwash. Maybe i will try a twist out or a permed set.

lindseyerinc

I've been mia in this thread and when taking care of my hair. I decided to get a weave as a protective style. I got the Onyc fro-out hair so that I would not have to manipulate my natural hair too much. I did a length check before installing. IMG_3336.JPG
And I'll also include a pic of my protective style IMG_3343.JPG