2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

jennifer30

I flat ironed my hair on 330 that is high enough for me. I probably could have left it at 300. It didn't get as straight as December probably because I added that extra layer of leave-in this morning. That's fine. I would rather not dry my hair out any more than it is.

I think my hair is going to try to even out before it gains any real length. I gained something. I can see it more in crown which now reaches my nape. It looks a bit thicker. It looks healthier than it did in August. My nape has reached full shoulder. I want more of the back to reach SL before I call it. After flat ironing I was too tired to trim so I will trim tomorrow. Sally's is offering 30% off 1 product. I hope I can find that end repair from One & Only.

View attachment 396009 View attachment 396011 View attachment 396013 View attachment 396015
Your hair has really grown a lot faith. I like it

jennifer30

Faith your sides are getting longer. I really am about to quit these manetabolism vitamins. I am breaking out so much. I'm not sure they are worth it anymore and I don't want to imagine what might face will look like if I continue these for the next couple of months.. I have pimples on my ears! I just wish my hair would grow faster..its so painful waiting for hair to grow. And I'm impatient. Are there any other vitamins I can use for growth that won't causes pimples or a growth aid that makes your hair grow? Are there anything you guys have seen results with? I'm almost desperate. *sigh*

faithVA

Faith your sides are getting longer. I really am about to quit these manetabolism vitamins. I am breaking out so much. I'm not sure they are worth it anymore and I don't want to imagine what might face will look like if I continue these for the next couple of months.. I have pimples on my ears! I just wish my hair would grow faster..its so painful waiting for hair to grow. And I'm impatient. Are there any other vitamins I can use for growth that won't causes pimples or a growth aid that makes your hair grow? Are there anything you guys have seen results with? I'm almost desperate. *sigh*
If you are breaking out you really should stop taking them. I know I can't do anything with high doses of biotin.

I wish I could help you be more patient. Desperation can lead to hasty choices which really delay your progress instead of getting you anywhere.

We are all in the same boat getting length a little at a time.

LdyKamz

Have you tried tweaking dosage? Like @faithVA biotin is no good for me. The ones I bought the first time I tried them I was supposed to take 2 a day. I got pimples immediately so I went down to one a day and the pimples were less but still there. I had to cut the biotin pills and instead try other vitamins with biotin in them. Biotin works for me though. I get results... along with a pizza face. I chose my skin over my hair. Lol

faithVA

I trimmed 3/4" to 1". My ends were raggedy and I had extreme breakage. Hopefully this will give me a fresh start and better retention. I bought One N Only Split End Mender for the future. I'm going to up my protein treatments to every 4 to 6 weeks. I will try to baby these curly ends as much as possible. I will check my ends again in 8 and 12 weeks. Hopefully I can get by with just a dusting next time.

toaster

Your hair has grown so much @faithVA !!!! I love that it's evening up and you're retaining so well.

Even though you said you wouldn't take pics of your roller set tonight since it will be late when you're done but now that I've seen your hair length I'm sure I'll see more setting pictures soon!

faithVA

Your hair has grown so much @faithVA !!!! I love that it's evening up and you're retaining so well.

Even though you said you wouldn't take pics of your roller set tonight since it will be late when you're done but now that I've seen your hair length I'm sure I'll see more setting pictures soon!
:lol: Thank You @toaster. I really can't tell my hair has grown even with the pictures. I sure hope I can see the difference in August when I check again. I do think it is evening up. I think it thickened up some too.

I hope this rollerset works because I would like to rollerset more but I can't do 2 hours under the dryer :nono:

You are so encouraging :bighug:

LdyKamz

My hair is like, "why girl, why?"
And I'm like, "just let me have this one thing! Just let me try!"
My hair only likes wash n gos when I have a twa. As soon as it gets right out of the twa stage it looks a hot mess. The very front of my hair and the very back are super fine and the curls are much looser so those parts always end up looking a mess. Which is why I started to embrace heat...responsibly of course.

ITS.CHRISSI

Hi guys!

My hair is not doing anything everything is the same over here. I get tired of doing my wash and go's every once in a while and do a bun. That is about it. I need to do do a trim for these SSK's and hopefully I can get some aloe plant for a pree poo soon.

:drunk:

faithVA

I shampooed with Mane Choice Shampoo and used the Mane Choice Conditioner. My hair was nice and soft afterwards. I decided to try a WNG since I'm off for a few days. I used Sweet Soul Magic gel and did the shake magic. It turned out OK. Nothing to rave about. I finished around 7:30 pm and my hair is still extremely wet. I will wet and re-gel in the morning to see if I can improve my curl definition over the next few days.