2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

faithVA

I said I was going to do flat twist to the side for June and then switch up to another flat twist style in July. Now that its the end of June I'm just going to stick with this same style as long as I can. Maybe i will make it through July. I don't feel like fooling with styling right now.

LdyKamz

Finally straightened (successfully) and did a mini trim. Didn't take much off at all since my ends looked good. My hair is in pretty good shape. When I pulled each section straight up to examine the ends the hair was thick and full all the way through and I can tell the overall health has improved. My hair still looks a little raggedy when its down because I have a U shaped section of hair that needs to continue growing in the nape. It's growing but my earlier set back has me back to where I was this time last year. I promise not to let that discourage me and continue to take care of the rest of the hair the way I have been doing.

Miss617

Always left of center
I said I was going to do flat twist to the side for June and then switch up to another flat twist style in July. Now that its the end of June I'm just going to stick with this same style as long as I can. Maybe i will make it through July. I don't feel like fooling with styling right now.

I don't blame you! I think I will probably be keeping it simple this summer as well. I simply don't have the time right now to experiment like I have been.

LdyKamz

Doing a clear gloss tomorrow. Not sure if I should shampoo and then do it or do it on dry hair then shampoo after. The box says to do it on dry hair the first time and only shampoo first when doing it as a refresher (weekly) but I'm worried my hair has too much build up for the glaze to take.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
currently sitting with TGIN mask in my hair while finishing my homework and lesson plans. i got the mask all over, the leave-out hair and the braided up part under the weave. gonna rinse it out in about an hour, blowdry, and do some quick flexirods for date night tonight. i think we're gonna see the new Tupac movie.

Miss617

Always left of center
Anyone doing any updates/length checks this month? I think I'll take a pic of my bangs and post this week. I'm no closer to sl I don't think but my hair is coming along. I cowashed tonight and my ends are nice. I lost practically no hair at all tonight.

I did a mini length check at the end of last month, but I didn't post the pictures. I might later this month if I blowdry my hair, but I definitely saw growth when it was stretched from banding and brushed out.

faithVA

Anyone doing any updates/length checks this month? I think I'll take a pic of my bangs and post this week. I'm no closer to sl I don't think but my hair is coming along. I cowashed tonight and my ends are nice. I lost practically no hair at all tonight.
I'm doing my length check at the end of August since my other challenges have August checks. I think I need that extra month to see any changes.

faithVA

Since I went swimming tonight I shampooed and conditioned my hair. I am now able to put my hair in 5 flat twist in 15 minutes. That is a great feat. Now I just need to work on being more patient with my parting. So after swimming I should be able to shower, shampoo, condition, detangle and twist all within an hour which is something I can work with.

LdyKamz

Self relaxation day. Deep conditioning my hair and then gonna use the gloss after to seal and shine. And then air dry in twists. I'm not sure if I want to do a Bantu knot set or if I want to do 2 braids. I've been bad and wore a bun yesterday and 2 days to work last week. I'm such a lazy slacker sometimes and it was so easy and cute. I can already hear my nape cussing me out so I need to be really good to it.

faithVA

When I envision a style in my head it seems great but my hands must have a low IQ because they can't carry out the vision :perplexed:

I've been at my new job for 2 months and have worn the same style every day. Didn't know I would really be able to do it but it is happening. I'm going to stick with this same style for another month and then I will do a length check. I'm already thinking about what the next style will be. I think I'm going to keep the front 2 flat twist to the side and then do all the rest to the crown and pin it under. I may try to make a little bun with some extra hair. Let's see if I can here on out do a style for 90 days at a time until I can bun.

I took down my twist tonight and moisturized with the Mane Choice spray. I tried to straighten out those crazy parts in the back but it still looks a little crazy.

faithVA

I went swimming again this morning so I had to wash my hair. Even with the cap my hair gets wet so I couldn't put it off any longer. I'm going swimming again tomorrow but washing today couldn't be helped.

I shampooed with this PH balanced body wash I got from Costco. It works so well in my hair. It was pricey but I may buy some more bottles and just use it for hair and body. I used the Nexxus Emergencee because I'm sure some protein couldn't hurt. It makes my hair so soft. I didn't put a lot of time into my hair because I'm swimming tomorrow and going to wash again on Sunday when I do henna. I used the As I Am hydration lotion. Don't remember the name of it. Then I used Carol Daughters Honey Mimosa.

I finally changed my style a bit. I twisted the back towards the crown in 5 flat twist. I combined those into one flat twist to the right at the crown of my head and then put two more flat twists in the front. This will be a nice change but will still keep it simple.

My hair was so easy to do tonight. When I start with the right shampoo things are just so simple.

LdyKamz

I cowashed last night and I did something funny. I had a bantu knot set and wetting my hair without detangling first is a definite way to lose a lot of hair. So I sprayed my hair with water and then used the carol's daughter hair milk leave in and finger detangled. I don't like this leave in at all but I think I found a use for it with this. I lost almost no hair and then I went right back into my bantu knots. I will wash again on Sunday and I'm running low on products so I think I may buy the Joico Kpak line (small bottles) and use for a month and see what happens to my hair. I also want to try something from Design Essentials but I'll wait until after my month on Joico. I have plenty of shampoo so I think I'm only going to get the intense hydrator to use weekly, the reconstructor to use every other week and the revitaluxe to use as a hard protein at the end of the month. I'm out of Nexxus Emergencee so this is the perfect time to try that.

faithVA

I cowashed last night and I did something funny. I had a bantu knot set and wetting my hair without detangling first is a definite way to lose a lot of hair. So I sprayed my hair with water and then used the carol's daughter hair milk leave in and finger detangled. I don't like this leave in at all but I think I found a use for it with this. I lost almost no hair and then I went right back into my bantu knots. I will wash again on Sunday and I'm running low on products so I think I may buy the Joico Kpak line (small bottles) and use for a month and see what happens to my hair. I also want to try something from Design Essentials but I'll wait until after my month on Joico. I have plenty of shampoo so I think I'm only going to get the intense hydrator to use weekly, the reconstructor to use every other week and the revitaluxe to use as a hard protein at the end of the month. I'm out of Nexxus Emergencee so this is the perfect time to try that.
Where are you getting small bottles.

faithVA

I meant the regular sized bottles (8oz.?) as opposed to the liter sizes I usually buy. The regular sizes should last me a month if I stick to 1x a week for my full routine. I plan on buying from ulta.
Ok makes sense. I may check to see if they have sample sizes. I want to try the joico as well.

faithVA

Doing henna/indigo for the second time. I had henna left over from the first time which made things so much easier. I let it sit for 3 hours. I now have the indigo in. I'm going to let it stay for 90 minutes to an hour. The henna did well last time. It is the indigo which didn't work so well. I read a little more about it tonight. I either may need to add more water or add some egg white so it applies better. I'm going to use cool water to rinse and I will need to condition so I can twist my hair up. Maybe I will just use the Mane Choice 3 in 1 conditioner so I don't have to rinse it out. hmm, Not sure. Nah, I think I will use regular conditioner to see if this application worked better than the last. I will add the 3 in 1 to my list of things to try next time.

I definitely need my ends trimmed. I'm going to hold out until the end of August though and just keep up with search and destroy. I hope I don't have to trim too much but I won't know until I straighten.

Going to keep it it simple after I rinse and do my regular flat twist style but with the back towards the crown.

faithVA

This henna/indigo turned out much better. I changed so many things I won't be able to narrow down why. Next month I will just repeat the same process but see if it works the same leaving the henna on for 2 hours and the indigo on for 2 hours. I think I can live with that amount of time once a month.

Now to see if the indigo washes off when I shampoo.