2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

faithVA

I finally trimmed tonight. I took off between 1/4" to 1/2". My ends are better in the front and sides. The back needed a little more. I would rather take it off now than have more splits in the upcoming months. My consistent dusting has really allowed me to see improvements in my ends over the course of this year. My ends used to split within 3 weeks of my dusting and I would have to dust every 8 weeks. Now I can make it 4 months and they are so much better. This should lead to less breakage.

I didn't feel like taking any more pictures.

faithVA

I've been keeping things simple by doing my hair the same every week and switching up after 2 to 3 months. I'm debating switching now but not sure. I'm thinking of doing flat twist to the crown which I haven't done in a while.

I tried it tonight and it worked out better than expected. I look like I have a cone head in this picture.

I have to henna midweek so whatever I do midweek is what I will stick to in September and October.
20170827_234359.jpg 20170828_000102.jpg

Missjaxon

I've been keeping things simple by doing my hair the same every week and switching up after 2 to 3 months. I'm debating switching now but not sure. I'm thinking of doing flat twist to the crown which I haven't done in a while.

I tried it tonight and it worked out better than expected. I look like I have a cone head in this picture.

I have to henna midweek so whatever I do midweek is what I will stick to in September and October.

@faithVA
:lurking:

Simply gorgeous! Carry on:love:

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd

View attachment 408965 View attachment 408967

Soooo pretty! The twists look full too :cloud9:

Miss617

Always left of center
Only straighten if you really feel like it Otherwise just wash it and do a pull test. That is enough for now.

I did end up straightening, it's in a bun now because I didn't like how the ends looked even after I trimmed. I'll try cropping my pictures a little more but I've already resized them quite a bit.

Last edited:

Miss617

Always left of center
OK, here we go. First is flat ironed, second blow dried, last is flat ironed front view. I'll have to take a picture of the bun.

Attachments

• 20170828_163513-1-1-669x706.jpg
    20170828_163513-1-1-669x706.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20170828_143438-1-1-607x677.jpg
    20170828_143438-1-1-607x677.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 40
  • 20170828_195052_crop_576x491.jpg
    20170828_195052_crop_576x491.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 39

LdyKamz

Aw, thanks lady! I'm sure your hair will thicken up! Do you take any supplements or anything?
Nah. My hair has always been thin and very fine. Layering gives the illusion of thicker hair for me but when it starts to grow out the layers are ugly so I trim trim trim until everything is back to one length and then thin again. Can't win. I'm used to it now though.

faithVA

Thank you. :sneakyhug: I almost didn't trim because I wanted the extra length lol. But my ends were raggedy, it needed to be done. I do hope to get a professional trim by the end of the year though, and hopefully I'll still be at SL!
Yeah it's tempting to keep them but it's better to let them go.

Mine are the same way. Keeping them just leads to more tangles.

Miss617

Always left of center
Nah. My hair has always been thin and very fine. Layering gives the illusion of thicker hair for me but when it starts to grow out the layers are ugly so I trim trim trim until everything is back to one length and then thin again. Can't win. I'm used to it now though.

Ah, that's so frustrating! It's such a vicious cycle sometimes, isn't it? Maybe you could find some ways to hide the layers so you don't have to trim so much. I pin my hair if I hate a style, it could work for your layers.

Miss617

Always left of center
Yeah it's tempting to keep them but it's better to let them go.

Mine are the same way. Keeping them just leads to more tangles.

Yup, you're absolutely right. I'll admit I'm still figuring out good hair care practices because for the first year or so after my last relaxer, I didn't know what the heck I was doing and it showed. I'm trying to get better at focusing on keeping it healthy.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I need to henna tomorrow. I'm dreading it :(

I should be washing clothes tonight. Don't feel like doing that either. :arguing:
I never feel like doing that. Probably because I'm on the 3rd floor, and the laundry room is in the basement. I love clean clothes, but I hate washing them.