2017 Shoulder Length Challenge

Evolving78

Please share your theory about high S&H!
Ok I sell handmade stuff. I was trying to figure out what was the best amount to charge for shipping. I also have a business account with PayPal. So I charge a certain amount for an item, then I charge an amount for shipping. Based on the percentage of the sale, PayPal takes their cut. So they chop into the shipping amount, which means the amount that I charge gets chopped into to cover the shipping. If I go higher on the shipping, I don't lose profit. It evens it out. But if I keep low shipping, I have to charge more for the product.
So the seller has to decide do they want to lose profit, or charge more on the shipping. If a product cost $12, you gotta consider everything. That person had to pay for the ingredients, they gotta pay for the container/lid, the label, their time and energy, the packaging, going to the post office, paying for a shipping label to you can track your order, paper, ink, office supplies, equipment, utilities, etc... you gotta pay for the website too.

faithVA

That's my goal after reaching SL or during the year; is to achieve flat twists and with only 8-10 twist. I have no doubt I'll meet that goal by June!

I hear Camille Rose has a cream gel thats pretty amazing for hold bit not a crunchy hold. I plan to try buy it this week.

ETA: It's called Aloe Whipped Butter.

I tried the Aloe whip. My hair turned into our huge poofball. I probably still have 5he picture on my phone. I haven't tried a camille rose product my hair likes yet. I will try 1 or 2 more before I give up on the line.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I tried the Aloe whip. My hair turned into our huge poofball. I probably still have 5he picture on my phone. I haven't tried a camille rose product my hair likes yet. I will try 1 or 2 more before I give up on the line.

Oh that's not good, lol.

This was done with CR Almond Jai Twist Butter and lasts for days...longer if I could keep my hands out of my hair, lol.

Attachments

• 20161214_101619.jpg
    20161214_101619.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32

LdyKamz

All I'm doing is washing my hair 1-2 a week, braiding it back and wearing wigs. I'm just not in the mood to do much right now.
I was actually looking at short wigs that look like my hair thinking I might try this. I haven't done wigs because I feel like they'll look wiggy on me and be noticeable. But I need a way to put my hair away and still be able to get to it once a week.

mzhotniz86

What length are you now? Somewhat neck length

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? 4B & 4c relaxed and will be transitioning to natural

What's your regimen? Wash hair every twoweeks w giovanni tea tree poo & or design essentials honey poo & dc with ssi okra or ors replenishing con or ssi avocado con or ssi rich moisture masque. Light blow dry & moisturize with oyin hair dew ,kckt & seal with avocado oil. Wear wigs & sewins for protective styles

What's do you need to do/change to reach SL? Stop relaxing because my hair is extremely damaged. Continue wearing wigs & sew ins & step up my co washing and deep conditioning. Also i need to eat better

Goal areas: crown & middle & back left nape area that has broken off

I dont have a goal month , I just hope to see progress by the deadline & I will celebrate by continuing healthy hair practices

Attachments

• 20161217_200721.jpg
    20161217_200721.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • 20161217_200419_HDR.jpg
    20161217_200419_HDR.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 30

Evolving78

I was actually looking at short wigs that look like my hair thinking I might try this. I haven't done wigs because I feel like they'll look wiggy on me and be noticeable. But I need a way to put my hair away and still be able to get to it once a week.
You could cornrows your hair, or put it in some ceily twists and pin them down. I have pixie wigs. I can't do long wigs. They make me look like lil Kim.

LdyKamz

You could cornrows your hair, or put it in some ceily twists and pin them down. I have pixie wigs. I can't do long wigs. They make me look like lil Kim.
Yeah but then I have to find something to put over my twists for work. I haven't found anything I like and I wouldn't want anything straight but everything curly looks wiggy especially the short ones. But I'm not giving up yet. I'm actually looking right now while I'm on the train going to work.

Evolving78

Yeah but then I have to find something to put over my twists for work. I haven't found anything I like and I wouldn't want anything straight but everything curly looks wiggy especially the short ones. But I'm not giving up yet. I'm actually looking right now while I'm on the train going to work.
I use those satin spandex caps and it lays my hair down. Is that what you mean. Maybe you can get a custom wig done? Just have the sew-in placed on the wig cap?

beingofserenity

The next problem I'm having is these pictures of the wigs are obviously not pics of the wigs but of women with their real hair. I'm going to the wig shop with my sister. She's the queen of wigs and I can never tell if it's a sew in or wig.

Exciting! I prefer just going to the shop as well. I haven't liked the wigs I've gotten when I purchased online.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
@KiWiStyle you have inspired me to put in two strand twists. Hopefully, they will last all week. If all goes well, I will redo them each week during my break between semesters. Hopefully this will cut down on ssk's and help me retain.

I'm glad I can help! Keeping my hair twisted for up to 3 days and twisting out for 3/4 days have definitely reduced my single strand knots. My hair is a breeding ground for those . Hopefully you'll have success too!

LdyKamz

So I'm trying to reverse the effects of what I am sure is alopecia. The left side of my head has started to thin and I've been paying extra special attention to it. But I notice that the area is also very sore. I can't pull it too tight or at all really unless I want to feel that annoying sore feeling. Right now when my hair is curly it still looks really full but when I pull it back you can see how sparse it is and when I do my twists/bantu knots you can see there is more space on that side. I want to stop this before it gets worse. I've already cut out the headbands and that really helped my entire hair line and crown but it still looks alopecia is trying to move in there. How do I reverse this?

faithVA

So I'm trying to reverse the effects of what I am sure is alopecia. The left side of my head has started to thin and I've been paying extra special attention to it. But I notice that the area is also very sore. I can't pull it too tight or at all really unless I want to feel that annoying sore feeling. Right now when my hair is curly it still looks really full but when I pull it back you can see how sparse it is and when I do my twists/bantu knots you can see there is more space on that side. I want to stop this before it gets worse. I've already cut out the headbands and that really helped my entire hair line and crown but it still looks alopecia is trying to move in there. How do I reverse this?
See if you can narrow down the cause. Is health related? Is it your diet? Some medication? Using color, relaxers or some other chemicals, not shampooing often enough, scalp too dry?
Are you allergic to some ingredients to in your hair products?

LdyKamz

See if you can narrow down the cause. Is health related? Is it your diet? Some medication? Using color, relaxers or some other chemicals, not shampooing often enough, scalp too dry?
Are you allergic to some ingredients to in your hair products?
No color and I'm natural. Could definitely be my diet though. I only shampoo once a week but I hardly ever put oil on my scalp even though I was supposed to get better at doing scalp massages. I wonder why it's only on that side of my head though when everywhere else is fine. My nape has always been the trouble spot but it's thriving really. I have to get it under control. I'm going to start doing some research and hopefully turn this around. I'll take some photos and post later. I should start documenting this now.