2017- Steaming To Boost Moisture

Desert Skye

Ok I used to be part of this challenge but my steamer broke and I never got around to buying a new one. I recently went to a Korean spa and used the steam room with Deep conditioner. I had forgotten how smooth and moisturizer my hair was when I steamed. I just bought a new stand up steamer online and will join this challenge once I get it next week,

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Ok I used to be part of this challenge but my steamer broke and I never got around to buying a new one. I recently went to a Korean spa and used the steam room with Deep conditioner. I had forgotten how smooth and moisturizer my hair was when I steamed. I just bought a new stand up steamer online and will join this challenge once I get it next week,

Which did you buy? Thanks in advance My cheap one drips. I need to just invest in a decent/great one.

Desert Skye

Sally.

I bought one of those expensive standup steamers a couple years ago and only used it once because the hot water kept dripping on me and because I didn't see any noticeable difference. But I now think that I might have been using a deep conditioner with protein in it since I recently learned how to spot a protein free moisturizing conditioner. I really think I've been suffering from protein overload this past year or so. I will be steaming as a way of trying to correct that imbalance. I'll probably use the Sally's GVP Matrix Biolage until I can order the Curl Junkie Curl Rehab.

guyaneseyankee

I steamed last night with Pantene 3 minute something or another. I've created a regimen and on my own finish up my stash challenge. Once I'm done I'll try the mane Choice line (I think). My hair melted. Crazy shrinkage. I said r even have to comb my TWA.

I think I'll steam every other week for now

Sally.

Steamed half and half with Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Moisturizing Treatment and Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment to see which one I liked best. Both provided good slip and left my hair soft. I think the original Silk Elements treatment seemed to be a tad bit thicker and provided a bit more slip. While the Silk Elements Olive treatment seemed to leave my hair feeling more moisturized, at least I think. I can't choose!!

Alta Angel

I am steaming for 30 minutes BEFORE I wash my hair and apply henna tonight. Tomorrow I will steam with a DC (Elucence MB) for an hour. I have never done a pre-steam before. I want to see if it makes a difference.

guyaneseyankee

Question for steamers. Does your steamer pool around the edge of the hood? This weekend I'm going to steam again and would love suggestions to fix and/or avoid. When that water drips, it is hot as Hades.:angry2: