2017 Use Up The Stash Challenge

Dayjoy

Old School Member
^^^Umm... WOW!^^^ :lol:

Finally posting my starting post:

Which session(s) are you participating in?:

All

List the products you plan to use or lose and place them in categories (ex. Shampoos, DCs, Leave-Ins, etc.):

I am really trying to get rid of rinse outs, heat protectants, and grease sealants.

Explain what system you will use to update your list (i.e., different colors/symbols to denote used/purchased items or items added from your current stash):
I will gray out any item used. I will put new items in red. Items marked (j) are exclusively used by DD. When we use up an item that I will replace with the same product I'll report it but leave it as is (black) in this original post. At the end of each quarter I'll post a pic of my empties.

Outline your criteria for if/when you will use your pass to purchase 3 products/quarter (12 products/year):
I don't usually use passes, especially since I slip up from time to time. I will only purchase when I am out of a staple that I don't have a replacement for...at least that's the plan. :look:

HAIR INVENTORY

Shampoos:
Creme of Nature Argan 20oz
Redken Hair Cleansing Cream
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus (sample size)
Design Essentials Almond and Avocado

Conditioners:
moisture:
(1)Ion Color Defense Intense Moisture Conditioner
(2)Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream
Aubrey White Camelia +7 (j) (1)

protein:
ApHogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
Colorful Neutral Protein Filler

Ion Absolute Perfection Step 1 and Step 2 (formerly red)

rinse out:
TJ Nourish Spa
Daily Defense Tender Apple +9

Leave Ins & Moisturizers:
KBB Sweet Ambrosia +2
KBB Moisture Mist (1)
KBB Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream
Oyin Whipped Pudding

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave In Conditioning Cream (j) +1 (2)
Cantu Argan Oil Leave In (j)

Oils and Butters:
Safflower infused with olive

Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss
Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil

Carol's Daughter Honey Mimosa Pomade(sample size)
KBB Beauty Boss Hair Pomade
Softee Argan Oil
Softee Coconut Oil
Cantu Hair Dressing Pomade

Carol's Daughter Hair Balm nourishing liquid pomade (j) (4)
Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil Hair Treatment

Hair Spray:
Garnier Fructis Flexible Control
Aussie Mega

Straight Styling/Heat Protectants:
Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight +2
Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother

Oscar Blandi pronto Dry Styling Heat Protect spray +1
Sebastian Trilliant
Living Proof Restore Instant Protection Spray
FHI Rapid Effects Accelerating Thermal Protection Spray

Sabino Moisture Block +1
Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide

Aveda Brilliant Anti Humectant Pomade

Other Stuff:
Phyto.PhytoKeratine Reparative Serum +3
Curls Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste (j)
Pravana Shine and Define Polish

Last edited:

faithVA

I tried to use up the TO Twist Creme but just couldn't do it :sad: But I definitely only have 1 more use of it now.

I threw out the KBB moisturizer. For some reason it caked up and crumbled when I tried to put it in my hair. It was too messy so it had to go. I still have the KBB Pomade which is nice. I will use that to seal when I do my twist next.

I washed with Castille Soap. I only have a little left in the bottle. I will focus on using that up before the summer hits.

xu93texas

I still need to post all my data for this challenge. I just pulled all of my products out and hopefully will be able to do today.

-I have given plenty of products away. I gave my niece CRN Growth and Shine Balm.

-I sent my cousin CRN Moroccan Pear Conditioning Custard, CRN Aloe Whipped Butter Gel, SM Sacha Inchi Co-wash, small jar of eco-styler gel, and a small bottle of SM Moisture Retention shampoo.

-I gave my SIL E'TAE Carmel Deep Reconstructing Treatment

-I used up Alikay Naturals Essentual 17 growth oil.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Time to Update! I've been consistent with my beauty regime so I'm using up my stuff pretty quickly.

Shampoos:
1 Suave Natural
1 Shea Moisture JBCO
1 Nutrine Garlic

Conditioners:
1 Shea Moisture Yucca and Balboa Conditioners
0 Shea Moisture Yucca and Balboa Mask
1 Shea Moisture JBCO Conditioner
1 Shea Moisture JBCO mask
1 Nutrine Garlic
0 Suave
1 As I Am Detangling Leave in

Protein Treatments

2 Aphogee Two Step Treatment
1 Aphogee 2 Min Treatment
1 Aphogee Balancing Conditioner

Random Stuff
1 Nuetrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Creme
2 The Mane Choice It Doesn't Get Much Butter Than This
1 The Mane Choice Growth Oil
1 32oz Eco Styler Gel
1 Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray
1 Garnier Fructis Intensely Smooth Cream
1 Broner Brothers Pump It Up Hair Spritz
1 Curls Botanical Gel
1 Fantasia Frizz Buster Serum
1 Fantansia Heat Protectant Serum
1 Infusium 23 Repair and Renew Liquid Leave In

Dayjoy

Old School Member
DD used up her Carol's Daughter Liquid Hair Balm. I reupped. While I was at Target I saw they had Oyin Whipped Pudding on clearance and since I've hit pan on my KBB Super Duper Hydrater I bought it. I also picked up Design Essentials Almond and Avocado shampoo. I'll be needing it soon.

faithVA

Threw away the rest of the TO Twist Creme. There wasn't much in there. I used up the Jessicurl Aloeba conditioner :sad: There was very little in the bottle so I added water. After I use the TGIN, I will see if I repurchase it. If I could find it on the ground it would be a definite yes.

I decided to switch over to gels so I am focusing on using up the Curl Magic. I think I'm going to throw the Wetline gel away. I'm not feeling it.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I finished up Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus conditioner. It was really great and I'll repurchase some day in the distant future.

I also picked up a bottle Hask Coconut Oil shampoo. Mostly going to use it on my wigs, scarves, and tools.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
DD ran out of her Cantu Argan Oil Leave In. I gave her the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave In Conditioning Cream that I had bought for myself (which I didn't even need). Glad it was here because she ran out right in the middle of her nighttime moisturizing and sealing/Bantu knotting.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
DD finished off the SM Coconut and Hibiscus shampoo. I'm glad it's done. No more Shea Moisture in my house. I'm pissed at them.

Oh yeah, my Target clearanced out all of the KBB products (and I kind of blame SM) so I bought the last two KBB Sweet Ambrosia Leave Ins in the store.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I finished up my Softee Indian Hemp hair grease. Moving on to the Coconut Oil grease next.

DD finished off the SM Coconut and Hibiscus shampoo. I'm glad it's done. No more Shea Moisture in my house. I'm pissed at them.

^^^ Me too. I went to Ulta yesterday and they had signs of two new lines they came out with. I'm like, didn't y'all just release another line around the first? Who can keep up with them?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I used up a jar of Shea Moisture Professional line deep conditioner the other day.

I think brought in 3 products in January and used up 5. I want some more conditioner but I know I don't need it.

Curls&Justice417

I'm going to go ahead and join this challenge. I kept putting it off. I threw out about half my stash last weekend so I don't have a TON of products, but I really want to be smarter with my buying choices and spend my money more wisely. I don't need a billion different products. Even when I find something I like I'm constantly wanting/buying more stuff. This will help hold me accountable.

I will be participating at least until August (6 months from now)

Once I use up a product I will highlight it in BLUE
If I decide to throw out or return a product I will highlight it in RED
Any new purchases will be outlined in PURPLE

I'm not expecting to throw out too many because I took care of all the nasties last weekend, but I still have a bunch of stuff I haven't even tried yet.
I will only purchase a new product in that category once I have used up at least one in said category. Since I'm not looking to necessarily reduce my stash, only manage it and watch my budget, I think this will work for me. And it will give me a chance to still tackle my 2017 product wish list.
I will do a repurchase of a product if I find it absolutely staple-worthy. That's only happened with a couple products so far....

I will not be including oils, protein treatments, etc. When it's time for my protein treatment I'll buy it, use it, and that's that.:look:

2017 Product Stash

Shampoo:

• ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
  • Suave Clarifying Shampoo
  • Jane Carter Moisture Nourishing
  • Shea Moisture Manuka Honey
  • Shea Moisture High Porosity
  • Garnier Fructis

Conditioners:
  • Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus
  • Shea Moisture Manuka Honey
  • Aussie Smooth
  • Garnier Fructis

Deep Conditioners:
  • Silk Elements Kera Minerals-2 jars (I use this before flat ironing)
  • Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque
  • Shea Moisture High Porosity Masque
  • Jane Carter Nutrient
  • Biotera Moisturizing Mask
  • Biotera Long and Healthy Mask
  • Silk Elements Pure Oils Hydration Masque
  • Aubrey Organics GPB
  • Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask

Leave Ins/Moisturizers:
  • Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave In
  • Shea Moisture Kids Detangling Spray
  • As I Am Double Butter Cream
  • Mielle Organics White Peony
  • As I Am Leave In
  • Garnier Fructis Buttercream
  • Camille Rose Naturals Hair Milk
  • Silk Elements Pure Oils Leave In
  • Silk Elements Pure Oils Hair Butter
  • Shea Moisture Kids Curling Buttercream

Stylers, Heat Protectants, etc:
  • Ecostyler gel
  • Silk Elements Moisturizing Marmalade
  • Silk Elements Setting Foam
  • As I Am Curling Jelly
  • Smooth n Shine Straightening Polish
  • Garnier Fructis Whole Blends Serum
  • Shea Moisture High Porosity Elixir
  • Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Elixir
  • Jane Carter Incredible Curls

Last edited:

faithVA

Decided I'm going to put the Creme of Nature Shampoo on my use up list. I will keep the TGIN and when I use up the CON I will buy some KeraCare or Elucence.

I'm washing this weekend but probably won't use up anything. I will keep tackling my gel stash.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Have only used up SD Vanilla Dream DC since I've been in a sew-in most of the year :(. Why do I have so many products lord? Going to make it a conscious effort to use more product. I have to get rid of this stuff.

trclemons

Last year, I order a Chai Tea DC from Blue Roze and it was busted open with a good bit of the contents spilled out. But yesterday, I finally received a replacement and I added it to the list.

upload_2017-2-12_18-42-6.png upload_2017-2-12_18-42-28.png

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I did a bad thing. I bought 5 Eco Styler gels to figure out which one I like better. I also bought a beeswax cream, and 4 Herbal Essence Conditioners. I'm likely giving some of this stuff away to my sister.