2017 Use Up The Stash Challenge

Smiley79

Posting my update of what I used up so far; "done" means I used it up or I gave it away to a friend.

DC
  • Claudie's Normalizing Conditioner-DONE
  • Komaza Care Protein-3/4 bottle left
  • Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends-DONE
  • L'oreal Damage Erase Balm-DONE
  • Shea Moisture Manuka Honey-DONE
  • Camille Rose Algae Renew DC-unopened
  • Mielle Organics Babassu DCx4- Down to 1 jar
  • Naturelle Grow Sweet Greens-unopened
  • Curls Dynasty Pumpkin Mint DC-DONE
  • Bambu Conditoner-DONE

Oils

• The Mane Choice Growth Oil x 2- DONE

Leave-Ins/Moisturizer/Butters
  • Camille Rose Almond Jai twisting butter-DONE
  • Nefertti Leave in spray x 3 -down to 1/2 a bottle
  • Shea Moisture Yucca and Plantain Hair milk-DONE
  • Oyin Hair Dew-DONE
  • Shea Moisture Kids Mango & carrot Cond.- DONE
  • Keraveda Creme Brulee-almost finished

My stash is finally down to a modest and reasonable size. I credit having been on a long term No-buy. Now I'm going to switch from this challenge to the Use 1 Buy 1 challenge.

trclemons

I got 2 samples of Thann Aromatherapy Conditioner from the hotel and I will use them as a rinse out conditioner starting next weekend. But, I used up the sample Eden Bodyworks Jojoba DC & 1 of my HydroQuench Greaseless Moistures.

Napturallypretty1908

In October I finished up the Garner Whole Blends Coconut Oil and Cocoa Butter Smoothing Conditioner and gave away Maui Moisture Curl Quench Coconut Oil Shampoo and Maui Moisture Curl Quench Coconut Oil Conditioner. I will probably run to Trader Joe's for some deep conditioner to hold me over until Black Friday. I purchased a moisturizer: Soultanicals Cant Believe it's Not Butter.

Shampoos:
- Camille Rose Naturals Sweet Ginger Cleansing Rinse (V)
- Obia Naturals Coconut Shea Shampoo Bar (V)
- Chagrin Valley Butter Shampoo Bar (V)
- Chagrin Valley Extra Honey Beer Shampoo Bar

Conditioners:

Deep Conditioners:
- Obia Naturals Babassu Deep Conditioner (V)

Leave In Conditioners/Moisturizers:
- Maui Moisture Curl Quench Coconut Oil Curl Smoothie (V)
- Soultanicals Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Annabelle's Perfect Blends Leave In Conditioner Sprays (2)

Oils:
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil (for Edges)
- OGX Argan Oil (for Weave)

Gels/Edge Control:
- Mielle Organics Flexible Hold Edge Gel
- Camille Rose Curl Maker (V)

Stylers:
- Obia Naturals Curl Enhancing Cream (V)
- Qhermet Biologics Aethiopika Hydrate & Twist Butter (Winter HG) (Vegetarian)

xu93texas

I started Quarter 4 with 31 items and finished the month of October with 27 items. I used up 4 items: Shescentit Papaya Perfect Coils Curling Milk, a bottle of Shescentit Moisture Mist leave in conditioner, CRN Growth and Shine Balm, and Shescentit Restore and Repair Hair Mask.

My goal for November is to use up at least 3 more items

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Guys, I'm done exploring. My Soultanicals carrot shampoo is ordered, and my Henna Sooq powder, treatment, and shampoo bars are here. Apart from trialing these items, I have identified my HGs and staples. I'm done.

And:
After attending the Bella Kinks hair event, a ton of products came in with my VIP ticket. And aside from that, I have probably purchased around 10 products. Annnnnnnd, I still can't get my cousin (with all those natural heads) to give me her address so that I can send her scores and scores of products. I've asked and asked.

All that to say, I give up! :lol: I'm going to gather my Tier 1 products and put them in the bathroom cabinet, my Tier 2 products and put them on shelves, and my Tier 3 products and put them in boxes. I will type up a Tier 1, 2, and 3 list . . . and then just move the Tier 3 products out of sight (and out of mind).

faithVA

Guys, I'm done exploring. My Soultanicals carrot shampoo is ordered, and my Henna Sooq powder, treatment, and shampoo bars are here. Apart from trialing these items, I have identified my HGs and staples. I'm done.

And:
After attending the Bella Kinks hair event, a ton of products came in with my VIP ticket. And aside from that, I have probably purchased around 10 products. Annnnnnnd, I still can't get my cousin (with all those natural heads) to give me her address so that I can send her scores and scores of products. I've asked and asked.

All that to say, I give up! :lol: I'm going to gather my Tier 1 products and put them in the bathroom cabinet, my Tier 2 products and put them on shelves, and my Tier 3 products and put them in boxes. I will type up a Tier 1, 2, and 3 list . . . and then just move the Tier 3 products out of sight (and out of mind).
I think your hair will appreciate some consistent time with the Tier 1 products :yep:

faithVA

Still hitting the TGIN twist cream. I have 1 or 2 uses left. It will be gone by Thanksgiving :yep:

I used a layer of my MHC Type 4 Hair Creme. I'm not trying to use these up unless I find a replacement.

After I finish off the twist cream I will focus on using the Kinky Curly gel. Not sure what's on the list after that. I am starting to narrow down my staples.

I'm running out of leave-in. I have TGIN leave-in and Mane Choice leave-in but I have a feeling that both of these are going to be staples. I like the idea of having just 1 of everything but I think I will have to accept that sometimes I need 2 products per category.

trclemons

I just went to the post office to pick up the 6 products I ordered during Shop Naturally's recent percentage off + free shipping event and of course they sent a few samples with the order:

1. Every Strand Shea & Coconut Oil DC
2. Silicon Mix Moroccan Argan Oil DC
3. Crème of Nature ACV Clarifying Rinse
4. HASK Argan Oil Repairing Conditioner
5. OGX Awapuhi Ginger Repairing Conditioner
6. Bella Curls Coconut Milk Nourishing Conditioner
7. Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoi Shampoo Sample
8. Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea Leave in Conditioner Sample
9. Sashapure Healing Shampoo Samples (2)
10. Sashapure Healing Conditioner Samples (2)
11. Sasahpure Elixir Samples (2)
12. HASK Argan Oil Healing Shine Sample

Ugh, I am so ridiculous!

Napturallypretty1908

I ended up buying more products then I expected since the majority of my products are packed up.I still don't think I'm doing too bad and happy of the progress Ive made since I decided to change my product junkie ways, lol.

I added 2 Conditioners, Tresemme Naturals to cowash and detangle with and Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Conditioner, 1 leave in Spray, Redken's Anti Snap because I was depositing putting heat on my hair and Soultanicals Can't Believe it's Knot Butta as a moisturizer. I gave away the Maui Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner to a curlfriend at work since I'm not longer wearing the curly weave. I ran out of Deep Conditioner but am holding out until Black Friday to purchase.

The updated list is below.

Shampoos:
- Camille Rose Naturals Sweet Ginger Cleansing Rinse (V)
- Obia Naturals Coconut Shea Shampoo Bar (V)
- Chagrin Valley Butter Shampoo Bar (V)
- Chagrin Valley Extra Honey Beer Shampoo Bar

Conditioners:
- Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Conditioner (V)
- Tresemme Naturals Conditioner

Deep Conditioners:

Leave In Conditioners/Moisturizers:
- Maui Moisture Curl Quench Coconut Oil Curl Smoothie (V)
- Annabelle's Perfect Blends Leave In Conditioner Sprays (2)
- Redken Anti-Snap

Oils:
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil (for Edges)

Gels/Edge Control:
- Mielle Organics Flexible Hold Edge Gel
- Camille Rose Curl Maker (V)

Stylers:
- Obia Naturals Curl Enhancing Cream (V)
- Qhermet Biologics Aethiopika Hydrate & Twist Butter (Winter HG) (Vegetarian)

Last edited:

faithVA

I had hoped to use up the TGIN Twist Cream but it didn't happy. I have at least 1 more use. I may throw the rest away and move on to something else. Unfortunately I used the last of my Mane Choice 3 in 1 cowash/detangler/leave-in. :cry: I'm going to use my TGIN leave-in until I only have 1 more use and then buy a leave-in from one of the Mane Choice lines.

I have a few Sally's coupons though so I may buy it early so I can take advantage of the discount.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
Hey ladies Accelerated Nursing School is taking up alls my time and I barely have time to wash let alone remember what I went through but this stash is going NO WHERE fast so i gotta get rid of this stuff.

I know I went through an APB Lotion and HQ Systems Peppermint and Coconut Deep Conditioner but I can't remember anymore. I also put together a care package with Carols Daughter Hair Milk Refresher Spray, Leave-In, and Cowash for a lady in class' adopted mixed daughter.

Don't think I've bought anything hair related this year but Design Essentials Peppermint Shampoo which is now a sew-in stable. I will participate in APB for Black Friday but that will be it.

faithVA

I threw out the rest of the tgin twist cream. There was 1 use left and I wasn't going to use it. Im ready to move on to new things.

Wearing my hair out this week and trying a mix of alikay natural creme brulee and mane choice 24 karat gel. If this works I will probably use up the alikay naturals.

Last edited:

faithVA

Used up the rest of the Alikay Naturals Creme Brulee. Not sure what I can use now to do my twist outs for the week.

I like that the Creme Brulee isn't drying or sticky. Its a nice light product to twist with. Unfortunately it doesn't have enough hold. I will try some other things but I may have to repurchase it and mix it to get the results I want.

faithVA

Mane Choice had a great sale so I bought most of the Egyptian line but this line is my primary product line so it won't be considered part of my stash.

I pulled out the Carols Daughter Honey Mimosa and using it as my sealant.

I have a few things getting low but won't' use up much before the end of year.

Last edited: