2018 2019 Pre Poo Challenge

VictoriousBrownFlower

Took out my braids and relaxed last week. Prepooing with Karen’s body beautiful secret weapon blah blah. Really long name.
Found it at the bottom of the sink never opened. :look: Any-who, leaving that in for twenty min in plastic with heat cap.
We've all been there.... Finding unopened bottles of products we never knew we had. Sometimes they're little gems too so don't count it as a prob. I gave up on kbb because their prices are outrageous imo for something I can find in other brands for half the price. I use to swear by their luscious locks hair mask but had to go back to my tried and true myhoneychild because I couldn't defend spending like $30 for 8 oz of product when I can pay less than that for 16. Tell us how it goes. You never know it may become a staple. Or at the very least you'll use it up because knowing them it wasn't cheap.

Wenbev

We've all been there.... Finding unopened bottles of products we never knew we had. Sometimes they're little gems too so don't count it as a prob. I gave up on kbb because their prices are outrageous imo for something I can find in other brands for half the price. I use to swear by their luscious locks hair mask but had to go back to my tried and true myhoneychild because I couldn't defend spending like $30 for 8 oz of product when I can pay less than that for 16. Tell us how it goes. You never know it may become a staple. Or at the very least you'll use it up because knowing them it wasn't cheap.
Girrrl, I went on their website to see how much that container was. Omg. I hope I bought it on a BF special. That stuff is expensive and even if it’s great, I’m not buying that again.
I honestly think I can recreate using coconut oil as my base and stewing up the other oils and herbs in a crockpot. I have another 5 min or so left and will wash out with shampoo and foollow with and acv/water rinse before dc to make sure my hair and scalp have no residue since I use a nolye relaxer.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Girrrl, I went on their website to see how much that container was. Omg. I hope I bought it on a BF special. That stuff is expensive and even if it’s great, I’m not buying that again.
I honestly think I can recreate using coconut oil as my base and stewing up the other oils and herbs in a crockpot. I have another 5 min or so left and will wash out with shampoo and foollow with and acv/water rinse before dc to make sure my hair and scalp have no residue since I use a nolye relaxer.
I know you're not lying. It's super fun and freeing to be a diyer. I say if you like it do just that. Her stuff is nothing special to be spending $30 on 8oz. You can buy a ton of herbs and oils for $30 and make a yrs worth plus (this is the best part) research a little and tailor make it for your hairs needs/ wants.

Doing all that will def get any residue off which will make your dc penetrate better. What dc are you using?

Wenbev

I know you're not lying. It's super fun and freeing to be a diyer. I say if you like it do just that. Her stuff is nothing special to be spending $30 on 8oz. You can buy a ton of herbs and oils for $30 and make a yrs worth plus (this is the best part) research a little and tailor make it for your hairs needs/ wants.

Doing all that will def get any residue off which will make your dc penetrate better. What dc are you using?
tell me about it when it comes to dIY! and it would be DIY stuff not just for for hair but face and body lol
I did like the kbb and will tailor a diy for me, especially since I need to finish up that stinky neem oil I bought some time ago. btw neem is great but STANKY if you've never used before.
I used aunt jackies coco creme dc did not like. my hair felt dry after so i used aphogee balancing condish to sort it all out.
That aunt jackies will go into the basket when I have guests over lol

VictoriousBrownFlower

tell me about it when it comes to dIY! and it would be DIY stuff not just for for hair but face and body lol
I did like the kbb and will tailor a diy for me, especially since I need to finish up that stinky neem oil I bought some time ago. btw neem is great but STANKY if you've never used before.
I used aunt jackies coco creme dc did not like. my hair felt dry after so i used aphogee balancing condish to sort it all out.
That aunt jackies will go into the basket when I have guests over lol
Yeah I've heard about the neem (that's why I would never buy it alone). I'll get it as an ingredient in already made products but would never buy neem oil alone.

I started the diy thing with shea mixes but am now OBSESSED!!!! I've never tried for face and body but hmmmm:scratchchin:.

Wenbev

Yeah I've heard about the neem (that's why I would never buy it alone). I'll get it as an ingredient in already made products but would never buy neem oil alone.

I started the diy thing with shea mixes but am now OBSESSED!!!! I've never tried for face and body but hmmmm:scratchchin:.

I make an easy toner with witch hazel and rose water, some body scrubs and facial masks. There are so many free/low cost digital cosmetic diy books on amazon

VictoriousBrownFlower

I make an easy toner with witch hazel and rose water, some body scrubs and facial masks. There are so many free/low cost digital cosmetic diy books on amazon
I love witch hazel for my skincare reggie. That sounds super easy too. You just add rose water to it? I can do that.

Yeah I've been really into skincare lately and love all natural stuff. I've been looking at youtube vids on masks to get rid of dark spots and even the skin. May have to try one out. They're usually super easy and way cheaper than buying a mask at the store.

Wenbev

I love witch hazel for my skincare reggie. That sounds super easy too. You just add rose water to it? I can do that.

Yeah I've been really into skincare lately and love all natural stuff. I've been looking at youtube vids on masks to get rid of dark spots and even the skin. May have to try one out. They're usually super easy and way cheaper than buying a mask at the store.
I have hyperpigmentation too. I'm really into SK beauty and noticed all the great toners had the same reoccurring ingredients. I have a 2oz spray bottle filled half rose water half witch hazel. if its near that time of the month, I'll add a couple drops acv and one drop of tea tree EO.
I had a pizza face about 12 mos ago and the toner saved me along with the SK beauty reggie. Now, I dont need a heavy foundation and I feel confident going out with out a lot of makeup
hope it helps!

VictoriousBrownFlower

I have hyperpigmentation too. I'm really into SK beauty and noticed all the great toners had the same reoccurring ingredients. I have a 2oz spray bottle filled half rose water half witch hazel. if its near that time of the month, I'll add a couple drops acv and one drop of tea tree EO.
I had a pizza face about 12 mos ago and the toner saved me along with the SK beauty reggie. Now, I dont need a heavy foundation and I feel confident going out with out a lot of makeup
hope it helps!
Super helpful!!! Thanks!!!!:bighug:Sounds super easy and lucky enough I have everything already!!!! That's a sign it was meant to be... What's sk beauty by the way?

Wenbev

Actually, I changed my mind this morning when I saw shedding and a bit of breakage. Did a stand-alone Olaplex treatment; no 1 for 5 min and no 2 on top for roughly 20 min before shampoo.
Will save the egg yolks for later this week

VictoriousBrownFlower

prepooed with avocado and hemp seed oil to finger detangle and then let it sit for 2 hrs under a plastic cap. Washed like normal and applied my leave in oil and shea butter mix. Hair is soft shiny and super smooth. I also lost barely anything as far as shedding throughout the whole process. My hair responded to this mixture way better than coconut oil which left my hair kinda dry after rinsing it out.