2018 2019 Pre Poo Challenge

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I like that! Pre poo paste! What kind of Ayurveda powder? Henna sooq has good stuff I’ve tried in the past.

@Wenbev
I have Bramhi, Amla, Chebe, Kalpi Tone, Fenugreek, Rose Powders.

However, I was warned from a few posters (in the Coffee, Tea Thread) about how "grainy" and hard to rinse out a mixture like that could turn out and that I would need to add another liquid other than Oil.

So, I'm still thinking through that?

I thought about maybe adding a Tea or a Creme Rinse (or other conditioners) I am trying to use up.

Wenbev

@Wenbev
I have Bramhi, Amla, Chebe, Kalpi Tone, Fenugreek, Rose Powders.

However, I was warned from a few posters (in the Coffee, Tea Thread) about how "grainy" and hard to rinse out a mixture like that could turn out and that I would need to add another liquid other than Oil.

So, I'm still thinking through that?

I thought about maybe adding a Tea or a Creme Rinse (or other conditioners) I am trying to use up.
Yes. You will rinse and rinse and rinse some more then cowash a couple days later and still find ish in your hair. Unless you’re relaxed then it will be easier to wash out.
My suggestion would be soak the powders in oil rather than put directly into your hair and strain with a cheesecloth or put all the herbs/powders in a herb sachet and put that into the oil so you don’t have strain later. Then you just add the oils to your hair or mix with a condish if you want and easy rinse out.
I got tea for days I’m trying to finish and since I used up all the Ayurvedic powders and don’t plan to reup.
I’m using tea in my diy facials, in hair rinses and infusing in oils which is my favorite. And the oils I use in prepoo mixes or in DCs.

Alma Petra

I do. Mixed with oils or whatever else I’m trying to use up.
Thank you! Now that you've mentioned it, I have some random products that I want to use up. They are not even DCs. Some are for example butters. Can these be used successfully as prepoo too? Any experience with that? I just want my hair to be less dry after I cowash. Hmmm I guess I'll have to experiment to find out...

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Thank you! Now that you've mentioned it, I have some random products that I want to use up. They are not even DCs. Some are for example butters. Can these be used successfully as prepoo too? Any experience with that? I just want my hair to be less dry after I cowash. Hmmm I guess I'll have to experiment to find out...

Get ta experimenting. As long as it melts in leave some moisture and doesn’t add too much build up go for it.

If youre co washing don’t use anything too heavy.

Aggie

Okay I guess I'm finally in this challenge since I have some (Ayurveda) oils I need to use up quickly. I have some Brahmi and Bhringraj oils in 32 oz bottles I need to use up.

I will be using the oils both as pre-poos and as oil rinses of course. I also have some JMoniques Naturals Mud Wash that I use as a pre-poo so I'll go through that as well.

Aggie

I just mixed a little left over JMoniques Charcoal Treatment and her Mud Hair Wash and applied to my hair and scalp. I will be sleeping with it in my hair overnight tonight.

I guess I will be having a wash day tomorrow. I need to henna my hair as well so I will see if I can fit that in too.

curlvana

So I pre-pooed my son and I's hair today with the following concoction:
-- rose petal powder
-- EVOO
-- Jamaican black castor oil
-- Neem oil
-- Shea Moisture 10 in 1 hair masque
-- Some Brazilian protein condish I bought a while back

It wasn't easy to rinse out with the powder added, but it left our hair soft and shiny. My cousin was able to cornrow (canerow lol) his hair easily, and mine felt much better even during washing and conditioning.