2018 Challenge - Cowash, Cocleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
*Copied/modified from 2017 challenge*

Okay Ladies, let's keep it up in 2018 with our Co-Washing, Co-Cleansing, Mud Washing, Honey Cleansing or any other alternative form of cleaning our hair and scalp while retaining maximum moisture. Maximum length retention, lush, thick ends and healthy, moisturized tresses are the goals here!

Please post updates whenever you partake in any of the mentioned activities. At a minimum, weekly and/or monthly updates are needed to keep this thread active.

This challenge is to motivate and encourage each other to get that maximum moisture and meet our goals. It will also help us learn different techniques and methodology and what seems to work best for different types of hair.

This challenge will end December 31, 2018.

RULES:
Co-Wash/Co-Cleanse/Mud Wash/Honey Cleanse/Other minimum 1x/wkly. More if you'd like! You don't have to do all of them, just choose the method(s) that suit you and your hair.

Report what products or ingredients you are using, how your hair is responding, and any ups and downs you'd like to share with us regarding the methods.

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):
2) Current hair length:
3) Ultimate hair length:
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture:
6) Number of times per week you will do this:
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using:
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:
10) List shampoo:

Join by answering the questions above.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
In here for 2018 using a Variety Cleansing Conditioners, Detox Treatments, Clays Cowash Conditioners etc...

Using them weekly.

If I have a need for Traditional "Poo" I will use R.ed.ken Cleansing and/or I have some Elucence Clarifying 'Poo here as well.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
1) State of hair:
Natural
2) Current hair length: Shoulder
3) Ultimate hair length: APL - Shrunken
4) Year end hair goal: Moisture Retaining Hair / 2 Strand Twist Hair
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Mud Wash
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 1-2x
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Hennasooq Rhassoul Mud Wash (diluted)
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after: Aloe Vera + Ayurvedic Oil prepoo and Rice Water rinses
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: less than 1x a month
10) List shampoo: Design Essential Almond & Avocado Moisture Shampoo

—I suffered a huge setback a year ago from Feb/March. Trying to get back to my prior length. First wash day & trim of 2018 will be this weekend. I’ll do my best to update with pics.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
I created my own Rhassoul Clay wash and I LOVED it. My hair felt incredibly smooth.

Smooth meaning, when you have to brush or comb your hair to get it smooth, so it dries smooth. Normally, I’ll have to glide my denman through my hair prior to twisting in the shower to prevent my hair from tangling. Rinsing out the clay, my strands felt silky smooth.

As soon as I finished twisting, that section was perfect, stayed in place, and I was able to head to another section and proceed to wash without my hair unraveling or feeling tangled/knotted when applying my DC throughout. =D

NaturallyATLPCH

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): natural
2) Current hair length: short on sides and back, long in the top
3) Ultimate hair length: I am keeping my hair short on the sides
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):
No particular length goal, maybe to see how long my top will grow out.
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Cowashing once or twice a week with cleansing conditioners
6) Number of times per week you will do this: Once or twice
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Jane Carter Curls to Go Cowash, any other cowashes I pick up once I use them up
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: Once a week
10) List shampoo:
HASK Clarifying shampoo, Mane Choice Halo Shampoo

NaturallyATLPCH

Went to the barbershop to get my sides and back faded so I came home and cowashes again. I usually cleanse my hair after getting it cut. Used JC Curls to Go cowash again.

faithVA

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural

2) Current hair length: Shoulder Length

3) Ultimate hair length: Waist Length

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: My strategy is to rotate. I want to shampoo or mudwash once a month. After that I will cowash or water rinse every 4 days. I will keep an eye on build up and shampoo during the month if I need to.

6) Number of times per week you will do this: Every 4 days.

7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Rhassoul clay, Mane Choice Easy on the Curls Line

8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): I will deep conditioner on the days I shampoo.

9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: Once a month if I don't mud wash

10) List shampoo: Elasta QP or Nexxus Therapee Shampoo or Mane Choice Easy on the Curls

faithVA

I shampooed on 12/31. Since then I water rinsed and conditioned once, used AVG as a moisturizer and last night I water rinsed. I spritzed with the Mane Choice Restorative spray and sealed with the butter. I will see how my hair feels in the morning once it dries. I have 4 more water rinse/cowash days before the end of the month. I will be monitoring my hair to see if 1 shampoo a month works or if there is too much build up.

faithVA

Did my 1st mudwash in months. I kept it simple. I used a mix of sodium bentonite and calcium bentonite with 1 cup of water and 1 tsp of ACV. I scrubbed my scalp, applied it to my hair and finger detangled. I didn't leave it on long, just long enough to finger detangle and shower. My hair felt very soft. I was happy it didn't strip my color so I can use it more often. I think I will stick to once a month for now.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
I created my own Rhassoul Clay wash and I LOVED it. My hair felt incredibly smooth.

Smooth meaning, when you have to brush or comb your hair to get it smooth, so it dries smooth. Normally, I’ll have to glide my denman through my hair prior to twisting in the shower to prevent my hair from tangling. Rinsing out the clay, my strands felt silky smooth.

As soon as I finished twisting, that section was perfect, stayed in place, and I was able to head to another section and proceed to wash without my hair unraveling or feeling tangled/knotted when applying my DC throughout. =D

what's your recipe? I'm watching this space on the hunt for a natural but effective cleanser and I was thinking about honey or a clay because I have done aztec bentonite clay face masks and have heard bentonite and rhaussoul are great clays for cleansing.

Cattypus1

All loced up...

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Natural
2) Current hair length: Between SL and APL
3) Ultimate hair length: WL
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Length
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: clay cleanse once weekly.
6) Number of times per week you will do this: Once
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: rhassoul, bentonite, kaolin, shikaikai, rose water, cassia, acv, raw honey
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): deep conditioning with a mixture of commercial dcs
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: 0
10) List shampoo: none.

naturalyogini

QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.):Natural
2) Current hair length:APL
3) Ultimate hair length:not an issue
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc):softness, density .
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retainingmoisture: Haven't decided. I may try ayurvedic shampoo bar. Or Curls and potions shampoo
6) Number of times per week you will do this:1x
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using:Sukesh mix, CD Rhassoul DC. Thinking about using Chebe powder products from Curls and Potions. Waiting for a sale.
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil,ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc):no
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use:?
10) List shampoo:Inahsi clarifying shampoo, once a month. Inahsi moisture shampoo. Looking for a mild ayurvedic shampoo.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Wash day...clay cleanse using my mix followed by deep conditioning with heat (hothead). I may or may not use a leave in, it depends on detangling. Three-strand twists to finish using Nairobi wrap and style foam. My hair loves clays.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
what's your recipe? I'm watching this space on the hunt for a natural but effective cleanser and I was thinking about honey or a clay because I have done aztec bentonite clay face masks and have heard bentonite and rhaussoul are great clays for cleansing.

1/4 c Rhassoul
1/4 c aloe Vera juice
3/4 c warm water
5 drops each (rosemary, tea tree, yling yling) - you can use any essential oil

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pre-Treat: JMonique Naturals Activated Charcoal Deep Treatment Mask
Cleanse: As I Am Cowash
Final R/O: Hairveda MoistPRO

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I’m imagining new thickness and length. Mixed my clay Rhassoul, Bentonite and Kaolin with AVJ instead of distilled water this time with a bit of ACV. The mix was nice and my hair is clean and soft. Minimal shedding and very little broken ends. I’ll be APL by summer.