2018 Coffee Tea Ayurv Henna Cassia Rice Clay Mud Avj Acv Onion

WaistLengthDreams

I did a deep conditioning treatment with fenugreek, my homemade amla brahmi oil, coconut milk, and deep conditioner. Everything was great about this DC except I still got specks in my hair (not as bad as the last time though). Full disclosure: I didn't follow ThatJerseyGirl's advice fully and clearly I paid the price. Thankfully I was able to get most of the grains out by shaking and running water through it (forever).

I roasted the fenugreek seeds in a pan and then ground them up into a powder but obviously it wasn't fine enough. No worries, lesson learned. I'll stick to adding the seeds to my oils and buy some fenugreek powder before my next wash day. Other than the graininess, my hair is soft smooth and shiny. The fenugreek/Amla-Brahmi/coconut Milk is a definite keeper. I wonder if it's just as good without the deep conditioner?

Thanks ThatJerseyGirl!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Overnight with:
JMonique Activated Charcoal DC'er
JMonique Wheatgrass & Spinach DC'er

Overnight under Saran Wrap, Plastic Cap & Durag

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
This a.m. I used:
Cream & Coco's Ginger Peach Kombucha Tea & ACV Rinse (on scalp)
Fermented RW Rinse

I will also use:
Bamboo Leaf and Malva Leaf Tea Rinse (under my DC'er)

ThatJerseyGirl

I did a deep conditioning treatment with fenugreek, my homemade amla brahmi oil, coconut milk, and deep conditioner. Everything was great about this DC except I still got specks in my hair (not as bad as the last time though). Full disclosure: I didn't follow ThatJerseyGirl's advice fully and clearly I paid the price. Thankfully I was able to get most of the grains out by shaking and running water through it (forever).

I roasted the fenugreek seeds in a pan and then ground them up into a powder but obviously it wasn't fine enough. No worries, lesson learned. I'll stick to adding the seeds to my oils and buy some fenugreek powder before my next wash day. Other than the graininess, my hair is soft smooth and shiny. The fenugreek/Amla-Brahmi/coconut Milk is a definite keeper. I wonder if it's just as good without the deep conditioner?

Thanks ThatJerseyGirl!

You are welcomed, @WaistLengthDreams! When I first started using the herbs, I use to have grains stuck in my hair. To solve that problem, I would blow dry my hair (with pick attachment) to get them out, then wet my hair again and proceed with styling. At that point, I discovered Coconut Milk and realized it has a lot of slip. But let me tell you, I love the Amla, Brahmi, Fenugreek and coconut milk combo. I love it for my hair. Especially when I use the Rhassoul Clay to cleans my hair first. That stuff makes my curls really pop and detangling is a breeze. I LOVE the Rhassoul Clay! I just add water, apple cider vinegar and some peppermint essential oil and let it air dry as much as possible before rinsing. Next, I'll proceed with my ayurvedic conditioning. I do this weekly.

Coconut Milk is excellent for promoting hair growth and is well known for it's conditioning properties. I've attached a link on Coconut Milk for those who are interested. I use coconut milk in place of a deep conditioner because for me, it's a better natural alternative. At the same time, I don't see where it would interfere with a deep conditioner. I'd say try it to see how it works for you.

FYI, try to get some fenugreek powder instead of grinding those seeds. Most Indian grocers carry the powder.

https://www.naturalhairqueen.net/how-to-use-coconut-milk-for-your-natural-hair/

WaistLengthDreams

You are welcomed, @WaistLengthDreams! When I first started using the herbs, I use to have grains stuck in my hair. To solve that problem, I would blow dry my hair (with pick attachment) to get them out, then wet my hair again and proceed with styling. At that point, I discovered Coconut Milk and realized it has a lot of slip. But let me tell you, I love the Amla, Brahmi, Fenugreek and coconut milk combo. I love it for my hair. Especially when I use the Rhassoul Clay to cleans my hair first. That stuff makes my curls really pop and detangling is a breeze. I LOVE the Rhassoul Clay! I just add water, apple cider vinegar and some peppermint essential oil and let it air dry as much as possible before rinsing. Next, I'll proceed with my ayurvedic conditioning. I do this weekly.

Coconut Milk is excellent for promoting hair growth and is well known for it's conditioning properties. I've attached a link on Coconut Milk for those who are interested. I use coconut milk in place of a deep conditioner because for me, it's a better natural alternative. At the same time, I don't see where it would interfere with a deep conditioner. I'd say try it to see how it works for you.

FYI, try to get some fenugreek powder instead of grinding those seeds. Most Indian grocers carry the powder.

https://www.naturalhairqueen.net/how-to-use-coconut-milk-for-your-natural-hair/
@ThatJerseyGirl
I love everything about this post. :heart: Thank you!

I ordered the fenugreek seed powder from Amazon, but they sent me more fenugreek seeds. Thankfully they were kind enough to give me a refund (and let me keep the seeds). I decided to order fenugreek seed powder from mountain rose herbs this time (hopefully they'll be better about sending me the right stuff). But of course after looking through their website I added more things to my order. So, fenugreek seed powder, hibiscus powder, bentonite clay, rhassoul clay and kaolin clay should be arriving by Thursday. I'm excited, especially with what you said about rhassoul clay. I'll keep you posted.

WaistLengthDreams

How did you like your deep conditioner? Were there any herbs left when you rinsed?

I really love how soft and smooth my hair is after rinsing. And no lingering herbs with the last dc. I've been sticking to 1 teaspoon each of the amla and brahmi, which I think helps.

I'm pretty sure the brahmi and the fenugreek were the ones that liked to linger after rinsing. My fenugreek powder should be arriving today, so that'll be the real test. I'm hoping it doesn't give me any trouble because the slip with the fenugreek is amazing (plus all the other goodness that comes with using it).

Sally.

So, yesterday I had a bit of time and wanted to only use natural products on my hair so I did 4 treatments on my hair since it had been shedding, breaking, and dry from my 2 year period of neglecting it.

I started with an avocado hot oil prepoo with my hothead for 1 hour. I then did a bentonite/kaolin clay detox for an hour, followed up with a henna treatment for 2 hours, and then deep conditioned with my Kindred Pumpkin DC mixed with the waikiki DC mask from Bellebar. I finished with a wash and go using evoo and ecostyler gel.

My hair was pretty moisturized and while my curls looked much better, they still weren't as popping as I think they can get. My hair feels soft but I actually think it's too soft. Usually, ecostyler gel keeps a strong hold on my hair, keeping my curls in tact and frizz free for at least 3 days, but this is the morning after and my hair already feels like it has no hold. I also think the hold from the gel and weight of my hair was what gave my curly hair volume (my hair is cut in a devacut). Now that my hair is weightless/feather soft, my curls just hangs lifeless. Has anybody had this problem?

Sally.

Google won't give me a conclusive answer so I'll also ask here: does anyone know how long an aloe vera leaf will keep in the fridge and how to tell when it has gone rancid?

I had a aloe leaf from Whole Foods in my fridge for 3 weeks, and while the outside is fine, when I cut the plant, the gel looks cloudy/murky. I don't know if the aloe vera is still good to use on the body, or if I should only use it when it's pure white.

WaistLengthDreams

Google won't give me a conclusive answer so I'll also ask here: does anyone know how long an aloe vera leaf will keep in the fridge and how to tell when it has gone rancid?

I had a aloe leaf from Whole Foods in my fridge for 3 weeks, and while the outside is fine, when I cut the plant, the gel looks cloudy/murky. I don't know if the aloe vera is still good to use on the body, or if I should only use it when it's pure white.

I get skeptical about it when it starts to turn brown. As long as the gel still looks clear, I'd use it topically.