2018 Coffee Tea Ayurv Henna Cassia Rice Clay Mud Avj Acv Onion

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@afrofaithful
Well Sis!
:welcome4:

Very Glad to have you.:wave:

Yes, there are no rules for participating i.e. usage, frequency etc....

The only rule for this challenge is 'No Randoms':lol:

Carry On!:wiggle:

ETA: Long Time Henna-Head Here! - Personally, I would infuse moisture back into my Hair after my Henna Treatment and do a light reconstructor (if needed), as a follow-up the next week.

@Aggie
Thank you for your response:up:

Ltown

Greyland
Thanks @Ltown.

It takes some getting used to all over again since my hair made it all the way to BSL then I had to cut it all off after some demi-permanent damage.

I am done experimenting with stuff that can take my hair off my head.
@Aggie, i understand with hair damage you never know what can affect it, i used some tjmax Jpak conditioner and it took some of my edges away. didn't feel a burn or anything. So for me i won't be buying anything from the Tjmax/marshall stores. you really don't know how long they been, return or etc.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I have my coffee oil steeping for the last 2 days. I'll strain it tonight and add some coffee essential oil and snickers fragrance oil to it.

I just have to find a bottle dropper to put some in. It winded up being a Coffee/Ayurvedic blend.

Last edited:

WaistLengthDreams

I missed a few wash day updates, but my last one was an amla, brahmi, fenugreek, coconut milk gloss.

I'm also starting think that maybe my hair either doesn't care for hibiscus and/or honey. Or it just loves the gloss mix above way better. I'm going to try adding the hibiscus and honey individually to my gloss mix to see if I can figure out what it is.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
so making my own oil was such a fail, I'm just going to save it and add to my next henna mask. in general, mixing up my own stuff is so difficult! Making masks like henna, deep conditioners etc are fairly easy because all you do is whip the powders with coconut milk. My hair really responds to them. I will still be doing my own teas because I only make enough for that hair session and since I use tea bags I find them easy enough. Currently using hot water poured over Green Tea/Hibiscus tea bag + Chamomile/Lavender tea bag to steep for 15 minutes.

Trying to do the whole oil blend strain mix too much. Plus I like my products to have good shelf life. So I am on the hunt for some ayurvedic rich ready-made products. First up, new product I'm trying is Camille Rose Naturals Cocoa Nibs & Honey ultimate growth serum -- I love that the first ingredient is amla oil, it contains other ayurvedic and growth all stars like brahmi, bringaraj and my hair loves honey. I will be using to oil my scalp on freshly washed hair over my leave-in and my goal is 2-3x a week. Let me know if you’ve ever used this product before

Today after washing quick towel dry and section to style:
spritz with tea spray
leave in (staple: Kinky Curly Knot today
Oil scalp with CRN cocoa nibs & honey growth serum
whipped shea butter to twist or braid

Last edited:

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
anyone have experience with rose petal powder? I have 1/2 lb of rose petal powder that I'll be adding to my henna masks but I was thinking of other ways I could use?

I want to try adding to my face mask because so moisturizing. but I was thinking of maybe adding to my shampoo or deep conditioner?

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
@SunkissedLife
I do.:yep:

I use my Rose Petal Powder in my DIY SB Blend. Very Nice. I use it with a splash of Rosehip Oil.

I have dried Rose Petals that I have added to a Tea Blend as well.

This sounds like a great way to use it!

How did you incorporate the powder into your Shea butter? Did you melt it first? What ratio did you use? Did it make your mix gritty?

Did you notice any color change? I wouldn’t mind pushing my hair a little more red/pink I think it’d be so cute

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@SunkissedLife
It whipped out perfectly fine.

I think the Rosehip Oil helped to smooth it out. I didn't measure?

Just a few shakes compared to the amount of Butter & Oil I used. It did whip up to a very nice pink, but not deposit a hair stain.

Leo24Rule

Henna heads: I really want to dye my hair that copper color on trend now. I haven't used henna in 2 - 3 weeks. Would it be okay to put the copper dye on top of that and continue using cassia instead?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I haven't strained my oil yet. Its just sitting in a jar marinating. I need a strainer. I thought I had one but I have a feeling when I moved in April, I threw it out. I'm going to cruise by the dollar store on the way home and see if I spot one. I want to transfer it and add my FO/EO's.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm sliding on in here for the last few months of the year. I'll be using rice water on my next wash day (Wednesday), it's currently fermenting. I'll give this 6-8 months of weekly use then reevaluate. Will make a new batch Sunday for my wash day next Tuesday.

Also plan on clay washing once a month with bentonite, hot water, acv and almond oil.

WaistLengthDreams

Rice bran oil mainly with a little bit of grapeseed/coconut oil mix, emu, and wheat germ oil.
Steeped in coffee grounds, hibiscus, brahmi, tulsi, amla, licorice root, and fenugreek seeds.

@IDareT'sHair

Hi @shawnyblazes
What are the coffee grounds for? My memory wants me to associate it with limiting shedding. Is that right? Are their other benefits to infusing your oil with it?