2018 Coffee Tea Ayurv Henna Cassia Rice Clay Mud Avj Acv Onion

Aggie

I added some of my coffee oil to my shampoo this morning. It blended much better with the shampoo than I had anticipated. This could be something I can do often.

I blended about 2 ounces of it in a 1:1 ratio just before shampooing. I don't know if I'll add it directly to my shampoo bottle just yet.

Aggie

This morning I poured some of my herbal tea rinse on my scalp and hair while I showered.

My routine for tonight and tomorrow:

-I decided to detox my hair and scalp tonight with JMoniquesNaturals Dead Sea Mud Hair Mask overnight tonight.
-I will shampoo in the morning with Keracare Detangling Moisturizing Shampoo,
-Henna my hair

-Olaplex steps #1 through 5
-Deep Condition with a combination of Natur Growth Cayena Wood and Castor Argan mixed with a little NG Rose Clay DC for softness.

-Leave-in with SSI Cranberry Cream Hair Cocktail
-Heavy seal later with Lustrasilk Curl Max Curl Moisturizer, Shea Butter and Grease
-Scalp massage with Follicle Care Bambu Scalp Drops and jbco.
I skipped Olaplex Step 3 since steps 1 and 2 sufficed for now. I will try to remember to use #3 during my next wash instead.

Ltown

Greyland
found this process on instg
ferment rice and green tea, not sure if anyone done this but here it is:
I have been combining rice water and green tea rinses. I modified her version a bit though since I prefer to use fermented rice water. I loved it so much I wanted to share just how easy it is to do. Instead of boiling, I just add the tea leaves to the water and let it sit for two days. This makes your fermented rice water smell amazing, so if you have been avoiding it due to the smell, this may be the method for you. .
If you want to be as safe as possible you should use distilled water for your rinse. I make my rinses anytime I cook rice...I just cover the rice with hot water, swish around with my hands, and drain the water into a covered container.

Ltown

Greyland
@IDareT'sHair, i read in color thread no more henna for you?:eek: what happen? i'm not going to be using anything permanent anymore, start graying last year had 4 inches and i feel for the dye. my temples are thinning out so i got to let it go and can't keep it. if i can stand the demarcation i will not cut. but we'll see.

Sarabellam

found this process on instg
ferment rice and green tea, not sure if anyone done this but here it is:
I have been combining rice water and green tea rinses. I modified her version a bit though since I prefer to use fermented rice water. I loved it so much I wanted to share just how easy it is to do. Instead of boiling, I just add the tea leaves to the water and let it sit for two days. This makes your fermented rice water smell amazing, so if you have been avoiding it due to the smell, this may be the method for you. .
If you want to be as safe as possible you should use distilled water for your rinse. I make my rinses anytime I cook rice...I just cover the rice with hot water, swish around with my hands, and drain the water into a covered container.

I tried something similar to this only I ferment the rice alone with water then add tea and other additives during the final boil to kill any live organisms.

I do this because I’m all for the rice’s natural organisms growing during the fermentation process and I don’t want any additives throwing off the acidity or providing antiseptic properties that could encourage something funky to grow instead.

I think it’s best to boil before using. The Yao women do it that way in the videos. Also on the off chance that something unexpected begins growing in the mixture I don’t want to give it a chance to grow on my warm scalp.

I guess I’m enjoying the rice water but clearly I’m also may even be overly cautious. I’ve just seen the healing process for scalp infections on others and it’s worse than any normal set back so I’m going over and beyond due diligence.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I tried something similar to this only I ferment the rice alone with water then add tea and other additives during the final boil to kill any live organisms.

I do this because I’m all for the rice’s natural organisms growing during the fermentation process and I don’t want any additives throwing off the acidity or providing antiseptic properties that could encourage something funky to grow instead.

I think it’s best to boil before using. The Yao women do it that way in the videos. Also on the off chance that something unexpected begins growing in the mixture I don’t want to give it a chance to grow on my warm scalp.

I guess I’m enjoying the rice water but clearly I’m also may even be overly cautious. I’ve just seen the healing process for scalp infections on others and it’s worse than any normal set back so I’m going over and beyond due diligence.

Is the video of the process the Yao women use posted? I'd love to watch.

Sarabellam

@mzteaze This one is the most high yield for instructional info but there are a bunch of tourist and professional videos on youtube that you will find if you search "yao women rice water" .

For example I don't have time to identify each video now but when i first search for the videos I learned these additional facts:

1. Some women wash their hair everyday and some wash 2-3x/week.

2. Their hair is always covered in a protective style. Traditionally only the family could see the woman's hair. One video said that if a man saw a young woman's hair he would have to live like a son of the family for a period of time to make amends. The culture changed more rapidly once the town realized how much money they could get by showing off their hair for tourists.

3. The adult women do the ultimate form of protective styling. At the age of preparing to become a young woman who can marry (~14-18 yo) they cut off their hair to a short ponytail. Then they keep the hair and it is given to the husband around the time of the wedding. From the wedding day forward the bride uses the hair like a phoney pony to protect the hair even while in their intricate hair buns under the traditional hair wrap. Essentially the hair is wrapped around their actual ponytail to form a thicker ponytail that they then bun. What can be gentler on the hair than your own hair!

4. you can see this in the video but they use leftovers from the tea growing and preparation process (seeds and what looks like used dried tea paste) as well as pomelo skins (a yummy citrus fruit) when boiling the fermented rice before using. I don't add citrus fruit because I'm not using the mixture as a cleanser and my hair doesn't need astringent ingredients. Instead I improve the scent with essential oils and fragrant nourishing herbs.