2018 Coffee Tea Ayurv Henna Cassia Rice Clay Mud Avj Acv Onion

WaistLengthDreams

Recommendations for a natural, moisturizing Ayurvedic shampoo or shampoo bar ?

I use Chagrin Valley's Ayurvedic Shampoo bar, and while I wouldn't call it moisturizing it is not drying or stripping. It feels clean but still feels like my hair when followed up with an ACV rinse.

The Mane Choice has a shampoo with Bhringraj powder and a lot of natural herbs. I haven't tried as yet, but I plan to. It's in their Heavenly Halo line.

Jakeala has an Ayurvedic shampoo bar too that I almost purchased. And I think, @ThatJerseyGirl sells an Ayurvedic Shampoo bar too.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Current Clay Cleanser Mix (until the end of 2018)

In an applicator bottle

-2 tbsp of Belle Bar Rhassoul Clay
-6 oz Belle Bar Witch Hazel Scalp Tea
-2 oz Anita Grant Curl Co Wash
-4 drops Ylang Ylang eo
-2 drops rosemary eo

Prepoo & Deep Conditioner

In an applicator bottle

-aloe vera gel
-Belle Bar Cairo (bunch of wonderful herbs)

massage scalp w/ Belle Bar Onion & Garlic Oil

In a bowl (moisture)

-2 oz Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Treatment
-2 tsp Belle Bar Waikiki
-1 tsp Belle Bar "Chad" Chebe Powder

In a bowl (strength)

-2 oz GREW by M.E. Deep Conditioner
-2 tsp Belle Bar Rice Treatment Mask

Aggie

Just applied coffee oil and shea butter on my scalp a few minutes ago. I will be mixing some of the oil/butter combo with some Ayur-powders later as a deep conditioner for a few minutes maybe tomorrow.

Aggie

Did an overnight ayurveda mask mixed with coffee oil and shea butter last night. I rinsed it out this morning but when I return from church, I know I have to actually wash and deep condition it properly.

ThatJerseyGirl

I use Chagrin Valley's Ayurvedic Shampoo bar, and while I wouldn't call it moisturizing it is not drying or stripping. It feels clean but still feels like my hair when followed up with an ACV rinse.

The Mane Choice has a shampoo with Bhringraj powder and a lot of natural herbs. I haven't tried as yet, but I plan to. It's in their Heavenly Halo line.

Jakeala has an Ayurvedic shampoo bar too that I almost purchased. And I think, @ThatJerseyGirl sells an Ayurvedic Shampoo bar too.

Hey sis..Unfortunately, I do not sell any hair products lolol..

I wish I did :)

GGsKin

Warmed an oil mix last night for an overnight prepoo with coconut, calendula and shea. Last night, I also mixed up a paste of Brahmi, neem, rose petal powder (and probably something I'm forgetting) to use today. I'll rinse off some of this oil and apply the paste in a bit, for a minimum of 1hr.

ETA: hibiscus and kalpi tone are two of the powders forgot to list.

Last edited:

imaginary

I also picked up some powdered yogurt and goats milk to add to my DC. I need to figure out how best to mix it though because they were pretty lumpy just adding straight in. So I may have to try adding it to a small amount of water next time.

Just realised I didn't give an update. So the goatsmilk and yogurt powders were really really lumpy and didnt mix as well into my DC, even with the kaolin. I'm thinking I may have to mix them separately with warm water until it's fully mixed out before adding it to my DC. Not too much water though because I don't want it to be too runny. I did feel like it gave me some strength though so there is that.

Alma Petra

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Super Wash Day!

Clay Wash: Bentonite + ACV + Rose Powder (just a couple spoonfuls because I happen to have a big bag I don't know what to do with and hoping it would counteract some of the drying effects of the clay)

Deep Condition with heat: Alikay Natural Honey + Sage Deep Conditioner -- LOVE. I have been waiting to try this and decided to splurge while I was at the hair store and so happy. It will be my new staple DC.

LOC:
  • Aloe Vera Juice / Chamomile-Lavender Tea Spritz
  • Camille Rose Naturals Ayurvedic Serum -- LOVE this stuff. like seriously, amazing ingredients and great consistency. I feel like my hair would grow like a weed if I used it more consistently
  • Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Cream
  • DIY whipped shea butter to seal it all in and twist
Trying to move towards a more natural life head to toe, still looking for the perfect shampoo / body soap.