2018 Coffee Tea Ayurv Henna Cassia Rice Clay Mud Avj Acv Onion

Sarabellam

I’m attempting to use rice water as a prepoo today. I’ve been attempting a oil cleanse/ HOT hybrid for my scalp and wanted to do something to treat my hair while I’m under a plastic cap to warm the oil.

I’m still going to apply rice water after wash as well.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
End of year poll. As Black Friday quickly approaches, what was your fav product or what product do you think helped you most with growth and retention? Like what product or technique will be a staple going into the new year ?

For me:
  • Aloe vera juice or gel (I used to think my hair hated this but I just have to dilute it with water or tea)
  • SHEA BUTTER BABY
  • Ayurvedic oil scalp massages (have to figure out a way to be consistent with this I did it so sporadically but it always made a difference
  • Deep conditioning with heat
  • Using only my fingers and seamless combs
  • Clay washes (my only qualm is it’s too much of a process for every wash day. Wish I could find a premade clay cleanser)
I want to try fenugreek seeds/spritz and/or rice water. Goal in the new year is to keep it simple! Be more gentle with my hair and baby my hair with Shea butter to retain all growth

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
11/18

Detangled using Belle Bar Cairo (ayur)

Prepoo’d using Alikay Growth Oil (sorry mommy)

Washed (2x) using Shikaikai Soap

Deep Conditioned using Belle Bar Rice Mask + add’l ayurvedic herbs and conditioners, Irish moss, etc.

LOC Method
-Belle Bar Sudan (ayur) instead of water
- Natty Naturals Leave in
-Avocado Oil
-Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Setter

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
A little length but.....

Last week, I sprayed my twists w/ Belle Bar Sudan Leave In, squeezed in Natty Naturals Leave In, and sealed w/ Belle Bar Marrakesh Butter.

Three (3) days out of the week, I applied Batana Oil to my twists and scalp (this is formally known as Ojon) because this oil is described as a deep treatment.

Today I washed my hair and it was crazy soft. I thought it would have been dry but boy was I wrong. Even after shampooing 2x (didn’t wash my hair in 2 wks) it was still soft.

Deep Conditioned
- 2oz Mielle Organics Rosemary Mint Mask
- 2 tsp Belle Bar Organics Chebe Powder
- 1 tsp Belle Bar Organics “Rio” Powder
- 1 tsp Henna Sooq Hibiscus Powder

Rinse (45 mins)
- Rice Water

Gonna put my hair back in twist for another week. =D

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Moisture Retention

> Spray ends & twists w/ BB Aloe Vera Leave In
> Apply Natty Natural Leave In to twists
> Squeeze avocado oil to twists in groups of 3
> Seal each twist w/ BB Marrakesh Butter

>> about 3x a week, apply Batana Oil before bed.

GGsKin

Has anyone ever taken:
Ayurveda Powder and mixed it with an Ayurveda Oil and made like a Paste to use as a Treatment or Pre-Poo?

I'm thinking about doing that. I always use a DC'er and mix it with Powders, but I am thinking about using the Powders and an Oil and make a Pre-Poo Treatment.

@Ltown @Aggie @shawnyblazes @Lita and Everyone else - have you ever done/tried this?

It's not something I've done consistently but I've kinda done this with a calendula & fenugreek oil that I made. I mixed it with kalpi tone (and maybe neem- I can't remember) and used the paste on my scalp.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Has anyone ever taken:
Ayurveda Powder and mixed it with an Ayurveda Oil and made like a Paste to use as a Treatment or Pre-Poo?

I'm thinking about doing that. I always use a DC'er and mix it with Powders, but I am thinking about using the Powders and an Oil and make a Pre-Poo Treatment.

@Ltown @Aggie @shawnyblazes @Lita and Everyone else - have you ever done/tried this?
Yes. Mainly amla and fenugreek. Very concentrated a snack potent. @IDareT'sHair

Ltown

Greyland
Has anyone ever taken:

@IDareT'sHair , no never mixed the oils/powders together. i would think it will be strong but good as pre-poo.

Aggie

Has anyone ever taken:

I have but just be mindful that the powder leaves small particles in your hair. Sometimes it takes me 3 to 4 washes to get it all out. Btw, I haven't done this in a while. Nevertheless, I do quite like the treatments :yep:

imaginary

Has anyone ever taken:

I've tried, but the grainy consistency always has me adding water or a liquid of some sort to smooth it all out. Maybe warming the oil beforehand with help? Along with using a lot of it and giving it time to smooth out...