2018 Coffee Tea Ayurv Henna Cassia Rice Clay Mud Avj Acv Onion

Sally.

I did henna for the first time ever today and I was blown away!! I've always been afraid of henna, because when it was really popular on the boards back in the day, some people experienced severe dryness, plus it seemed like so much work. Boy, have I been wrong.

I made it last night and yes, I was a bit upset to realize I needed to let it sit for the dye to release in order to get the strengthening effects, because that meant I couldn't do it until the next morning because no way was I about to put on henna at 10pm at night and I didn't want to sleep in it being that it was my first time. I used the Nupur Henna mixed with aloe vera juice and coconut milk. It was a breeze to apply and rinse out. My hair looks and feels so good.

I only left it on for 4 hours but it stopped about 90% of my breakage and when I noticed it wasn't breakage on my hands but shed hair, I had a light bulb moment. I'm experiencing severe breakage and shedding, and I thought it was because I wasn't getting the the protein-moisture balance right. At first I was thinking that most of the hair I was losing was mostly breakage. Now after henna, I see that it's shedding because it was easily sliding out in clumps! Meaning that something is going on internally. I have recently had a health diagnosis and I know it's related to that. I'm so grateful to realize that because it's even more motivation for me to have this complete lifestyle change. Because yo girl will not be walking round here with no hair! ok!

I'm sorry this is so long but I can't believe I'm just now trying henna. I can't imagine going back to regular protein treatments when this one is natural and works so well.

NicWhite

Treated myself to a tea infused clay wash. Let it sit for 40 minutes under a heating cap. I tell you that Rhassoul clay is like magic cleaning my scalp and hair.

The only thing I will do differently is make sure I put the tea through some cheese cloth. I still have bits of nettle leaf in my hair. I could not get it all out. :blush2:

NicWhite

Used my tea rinse of marshmallow, slippery elm, nettle and burdock root. I added fenugreek powder this time. That whole slimy concoction made my hair feel nice. I find that maple syrup smell of the fenugreek to be quite pleasing.

One my next wash day I plan to use my clay mixed with shikakai and aritha powders. I did it for my mother and daughter and their hair came out feeling smooth, strong and soft. My daughter’s hair is much more manageable these days. She does not complain when we comb her hair now. My mother said, “I have to admit, this stuff is working” :)

charmtreese

I’m not sure how I missed this thread! I’m in!!!

I use, tea, mud, and ACV every wash day.

My routine consists of mixing ACV in my egg, EVOO prepoo mix and normally I sleep with it in my hair overnight.

· The night before wash day, I steep two tea bags (1) black (1) green overnight.

· I use terressentials lemon clay wash to cleanse my hair after rinsing out the prepoo

· Before deep conditioning and after a quick protein treatment I pour my tea mix all throughout my hair making sure that it gets all through my scalp and squeezing it through each section of my hair. I keep the tea in my hair and then apply my DC over it.

I’ve been toying with the idea of adding some ayurvedic powders to my prepoo…so I’m gonna scroll through this thread to see what everyone else is using.

Aggie

I have my one step henna and indigo on my hair right now and about to cowash it out. I have a very busy day ahead of me today running errands so I have to get this hair wash day finished. I will deep condition with a mixture of Hairveda Methi Sativa conditioner and NG Rose Clay Deep Conditioner.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Vatika Frosting is my step 1. I didn't use it last night though. My hair was already drenched in shea butter so I didn't need it.
@Aggie
I use Methi's Step 2 (Conditioner) separate & apart from the Methi Set and I use it independently has a R/O.

Interesting. I bet VF makes a great Step 1. Do you follow up Methi with a Moisturizing DC'er or do you just use the Methi and then proceed?

Aggie

I used my Curly Proverbz Henna Tea Rinse on my hair this evening and sealed it in with some Shea Butter blend. The henna tea really makes the hair feel very strong, almost hard like, but the shea butter softens it and makes it wonderfully manageable again. A really nice combo :yep:.

GGsKin

Wash day today included clay. I made a separate mix for my scalp, which aside from the regular ingredients, also had kalpi tone. I left this on for about two hours. Followed with Shea butter mix on damp/ wet hair and diluted (with water and hibiscus tea) KCCC.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I really wanted to get an indigo treatment in and since my hair was already still clean from my last wash day, I figured it was perfect timing.

Mixed a box of Jamila with a can of coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of fenugreek oil. Letting it marinate for at least 4 hours. My hair is already feeling so smooth. Love this mixture!

Pulled some aloe Vera juice out the fridge to bring it to room temperature. Will mix it with a box of indigo powder. This is new for me....let's see how it goes. LOL

faithVA

Decided to color my hair today. I did a mudwash with a simple clay mix of filtered water, bentonite clay, rhassoul clay, act and a betaine powder. Finger detangled with the clay and rinsed.

I colored with surya brasil henna cream. It works better for me than henna/indigo.