2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
I’m currently transitioning (3 months in) I put my hair in Senegalese twists back in December and started using the oil treatment. The only thing different is I didn’t add MSM every few days.

I took my hair down yesterday and WOW! I can tell there was some growth. Now my hair is braided up again and I cant wait to see the growth in May.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Thank you! It's something like 30 turquoise perm rods and 5 black ones. The turquoise ones give the actual curl and the black ones just stretch the section out and slightly curl the end. I just roll up as if they were magnetic rollers. I also set on dry or mostly dry hair.

oh wow. I've only used the perm rods on my ends. but setting on dry hair ?! how ? sounds impossible or do you blow dry it first?

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
My onion juice I prepare by dicing about 1/4 of a small onion and 2-3 cloves of garlic and putting in a blender with about 4oz of water. I blend until extra puréed, nearly liquified. Then I double strain it, once with a fine strainer, then once with a reusable coffee filter. It’s truly a “juice.”
The less water you use at the beginning, the more potent. The more pulpy, the more tenacious the smell.
I know someone who uses their Breville juicer to make theirs and it is quite a bit stronger than mine, but their rinse out is similarly easy as mine.
I leave mine on 30 minutes+ before starting my wash routine. I only leave it on longer than 30 minutes accidentally. I believe it is quite potent and 30 minutes is all it takes. I once slept in it about 6 hours but that didn’t affect rinse out. 2 shampoos a RO and a DC later, I was good as new.

I recently added onion juice prepoo. I will add rice water rinse/leave in.
@kxlot79 How do you prepare your onion juice?

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
  1. What's your favorite ayurvedic recipe or product so far? CP Oil and Ayurvedic clay wash tie
  2. Why is it your favorite? They optimize my hair, reduce tangles and breakage, increase shine, strength, and elasticity. They’re easy to make and also easy to customize to keep some variety and interest going so I keep up with their use.
  3. How has it affected your hair and/or your routine? My hair has done a 180 with manageability and I dare say overall appearance: texture, shine, growth, thickness, elogation... everything is better!
  4. What is the recipe? Or if you share a PRODUCT and not a recipe, what is the ingredients list? I will continue to experiment with ingredients and proportions but I would say my top 5 are: rosemary, green tea, fenugreek, henna, and amla for herbs; coconut, hemp seed, avocado, safflower, and black seed for oils.
  5. Please upload a photo (or 2 or more!) of your mixture, product, and/or hair!
So for my photos:
Dirty hair in a 8 day old twistout that I threw into a ponytail just now. I’m getting rarely seen hangtime, moisture, and shine. Also, it’s rare for me to see this much stretch with this amount of elongation. I also feel like I can see how thick my roots look just from this picture.
25C02008-1E10-4491-8F78-B3FBB2485788.jpeg

A closeup of the perimeter of my hair where the difference in new growth/filled in hair is very obvious.
1DD553B7-1C36-4614-A84B-C6B68164A7AD.jpeg

A closeup of how nicely my hair is taking to henna. I think I’ll be a little beach bunny over the summer so I’m excited to see if/by how much my highlights will brighten.
C60576C0-BAD0-45AB-BE66-4661D4FF080E.jpeg

A picture of Batch 2 of my sun cured oil. OMG! It’s so yummy and thick! Like really more of a serum! I’m quite pleased even though I’ve just used it as a prepoo. I’m so excited to use this up!
AC46A6AE-0226-4131-99F3-7D5F90F7B0EA.jpeg

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I think one poster (@TamaraShaniece ?) mentioned Belle Bar’s samples somewhere on the forum and I was like “Oooohhhh! Let me get on that!” I’m a fiend for samples!
I actually was eyeing Belle Bar some years ago but reinvigorated my interest after CPs collaboration. A few of my other favorite YTers have also collab’d with BB.
Anyoldways, I got 7 samples and I’m super geeked to try them! (3 hair masks, 3 face masks, and a tea rinse) I’m fairly certain I can get 2 uses out of each so I’ll consider it a great value!
Today I’m trying the Amazon Regeneration Mask with the Eden Body Works Jojoba Monoi DC (which was just meh for me and won’t be a repurchase).
F35E57CC-1EED-42EF-9DD2-E32FAF00E4E3.jpeg

Attachments

• 355DD0B5-D508-42C7-8F1E-5F8D26557FDC.jpeg
    355DD0B5-D508-42C7-8F1E-5F8D26557FDC.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 11

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Here is a recipe I've been using kinda inspired by CP's black soap Ayurvedic recipe.

I've been using my own bars instead though. I take a 3 ounce bar and shave it down. Use 24 ounces of distilled water and turn that into a tea. (Burdock root and a spoonful of amla steeped overnight)

image.jpg

Strain tea on top of shavings, then pour into ice cube molds to freeze and use as needed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'll be doing a henna/indigo 2 step treatment soon. Either this month or next month.

naturalyogini

I think one poster (@TamaraShaniece ?) mentioned Belle Bar’s samples somewhere on the forum and I was like “Oooohhhh! Let me get on that!” I’m a fiend for samples!
I actually was eyeing Belle Bar some years ago but reinvigorated my interest after CPs collaboration. A few of my other favorite YTers have also collab’d with BB.
Anyoldways, I got 7 samples and I’m super geeked to try them! (3 hair masks, 3 face masks, and a tea rinse) I’m fairly certain I can get 2 uses out of each so I’ll consider it a great value!
Today I’m trying the Amazon Regeneration Mask with the Eden Body Works Jojoba Monoi DC (which was just meh for me and won’t be a repurchase).
View attachment 423651
Report back please ! Ok?

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
View attachment 423651

Please share your review :walking:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
  1. What's your favorite ayurvedic recipe or product so far? I think the cassia gloss is my favorite so far.
  2. Why is it your favorite? It's easy to mix and I see how my hair reacted when I went too long without using it.
  3. How has it affected your hair and/or your routine? I've been able to retain length and manage my ends. I have far fewer single stand knots and broken ends.
  4. What is the recipe? Or if you share a PRODUCT and not a recipe, what is the ingredients list? I usually add cassia, a little henna, bhringraj, brahmi, amla, neem and tea rinse to any conditioner I have on hand.
I will upload some pictures over time. Right now, I'm trying out onion juice and acupuncture to see if I can grow some hair in my thinning spots.

Sally.

1. What's your favorite ayurvedic recipe or product so far? Honestly, I'm still trialing DIY creations. I bought a whole bunch of powders and I didn't notice a difference with the first couple things I tried (henna gloss, tea, hair rinse). But I guess I need to be consistent. This may not count because I've had this product forever but just discovered my love of it, but the APB Ayurvedic Hair Creme is amazing!
  2. Why is it your favorite? The APB Ayurvedic Hair Creme is just moisturizing and detangling. I love it for my twists at night.
  3. How has it affected your hair and/or your routine? See above.
  4. What is the recipe? Or if you share a PRODUCT and not a recipe, what is the ingredients list? Aqua (Water), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Centella asiatica (Goto Kola or Brahmi) Powder, Emblica officinalis (Amla) Fruit Powder, Ocimum sanctum (Tulsi) Leaf Powder, Azadirachta indica (Neem) Leaf Powder, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Lactate, Pathenol (Vitamin B5), Diazolidinyl Urea and Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

Sally.

1. What's your favorite ayurvedic recipe or product so far? I think the cassia gloss is my favorite so far.
  2. Why is it your favorite? It's easy to mix and I see how my hair reacted when I went too long without using it.
  3. How has it affected your hair and/or your routine? I've been able to retain length and manage my ends. I have far fewer single stand knots and broken ends.
  4. What is the recipe? Or if you share a PRODUCT and not a recipe, what is the ingredients list? I usually add cassia, a little henna, bhringraj, brahmi, amla, neem and tea rinse to any conditioner I have on hand.
I will upload some pictures over time. Right now, I'm trying out onion juice and acupuncture to see if I can grow some hair in my thinning spots.
how long do you leave your cassia gloss on and how often do you do them? do you notice a difference immediately after doing them or is the effect cumulative?

i'm doing a cassia gloss tonight with cassia, amla, aloe vera powder, and bhrinraj powder. i mixed it with water and trader joe's tea tree conditioner. last time i did a henna gloss and didn't notice any change in terms of my breakage.

mzteaze

how long do you leave your cassia gloss on and how often do you do them? do you notice a difference immediately after doing them or is the effect cumulative?

i'm doing a cassia gloss tonight with cassia, amla, aloe vera powder, and bhrinraj powder. i mixed it with water and trader joe's tea tree conditioner. last time i did a henna gloss and didn't notice any change in terms of my breakage.

I usually let the gloss sit on for roughly 30-60 minutes. I had been doing them once a week or once every other week. When I tried to go 3-4 weeks out, my hair didn't like it and I had serious hair loss every time I combed or brushed my hair, not breakage.

Sally.

I usually let the gloss sit on for roughly 30-60 minutes. I had been doing them once a week or once every other week. When I tried to go 3-4 weeks out, my hair didn't like it and I had serious hair loss every time I combed or brushed my hair, not breakage.
ok thanks! and do you use heat with your cassia glosses?

naturalagain2

Ok 2 weeks ago I made a henna gloss treatment but ended up not doing it so I put it in the freezer. I took it out today and used it. If I remember correctly I mixed Nupur 9 henna (3 tablespoons), more Amla powder & hibiscus powder (1 teaspoon), olive oil, rosemary oil and peppermint oil. I mixed the herbs with mostly AVJ, warm water & 5/6 squirts of Aussie Moist Conditioner. I let it sit for 3 hours. My hair rinsed out very easy and it was super moisturized. I think like henna glosses better than full blown henna treatments I've done in the past.

ETA: The one gray hair I can see in the front colored well. It's a nice dark brown/red. Which I was aiming for. I think the warm water (instead of hot per Curly Proverbz) and adding extra amla helped tone the red down.

Last edited:

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
So I finally made a new batch of hair tea for daily spritzing. I added preservative to this batch. And I also made it by making a tea of castoff herbs from my oil mix.
What I usually do is pour a bit of oil out of the jar and strain into a dropper bottle. What was leftover from straining I was dumping back into the jar. But this time, I took the oily herbs and put them in a mug with some boiling liquid. This was about 2 tbsp of oily herbs and 6 oz of nettle tea. When it was cool, I added 2 oz of AVJ.
This spritz is SO serum-ish. But in a good way. There was a very nice mucilage probably from the fenugreek and some powders. This spritz is a lot more slippery and moisturizing, so I can see myself using it to style and not just to refresh.

Sally.

Ok 2 weeks ago I made a henna gloss treatment but ended up not doing it so I put it in the freezer. I took it out today and used it. If I remember correctly I mixed Nupur 9 henna (3 tablespoons), more Amla powder & hibiscus powder (1 teaspoon), olive oil, rosemary oil and peppermint oil. I mixed the herbs with mostly AVJ, warm water & 5/6 squirts of Aussie Moist Conditioner. I let it sit for 3 hours. My hair rinsed out very easy and it was super moisturized. I think like henna glosses better than full blown henna treatments I've done in the past.

ETA: The one gray hair I can see in the front colored well. It's a nice dark brown/red. Which I was aiming for. I think the warm water (instead of hot per Curly Proverbz) and adding extra amla helped tone the red down.
wait, doesn't aussie moist containe silicones? i thought we were supposed to use a silicone free conditioner with cassia and henna glosses? does anyone know the reason for why? i ended up using trader joes tea tree conditioner because it was silicone free but it wasn't really moisturizing. i would've used aussie moist if i knew i could! that thing leaves my hair moisturized!

naturalagain2

wait, doesn't aussie moist containe silicones? i thought we were supposed to use a silicone free conditioner with cassia and henna glosses? does anyone know the reason for why? i ended up using trader joes tea tree conditioner because it was silicone free but it wasn't really moisturizing. i would've used aussie moist if i knew i could! that thing leaves my hair moisturized!

Yes it does but I love that conditioner and don't care LOL. My hair came out so moisturized!! No regrets! Try it you may like it as well. I say do what works and what your hair likes!

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Received my CurlyProverbz goodies. I’m just gonna go ahead an order the Rhassoul Clay. Even though I make my own, that ingredients list on it seems exceptional.

It has a lot of benefits in it. 10x more than my homemade one. Sidebar... if any of you ladies want to sell me a jar of Growth Oil, DM me today. Y’all jars are INCREDIBLE.
FE281DBA-88AF-47E3-A7B1-01BA87C4E344.jpeg

Last edited:

Keen

I've been meaning to ask here: How does using whipped Shea butter impact your use of the CP oil?

I find I use it way less. Now, I mainly use it to add to my SB recipe and henna gloss. I also add a bit to my Ayuverdic tea spray. I could oil my scalp with CP oil before adding SB to my hair but I'm trying to keep it simple.

naturalagain2

Last week was my first henna gloss treatment since I big chopped. This wash day my shed hair greatly reduced compared to my other wash days, I know this is due to the henna treatment I did because nothing else has changed in my regimen. This has me very excited!! I plan to do a henna gloss treatment about every 6 - 8 weeks.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I've been meaning to ask here: How does using whipped Shea butter impact your use of the CP oil?

I find I use it way less. Now, I mainly use it to add to my SB recipe and henna gloss. I also add a bit to my Ayuverdic tea spray. I could oil my scalp with CP oil before adding SB to my hair but I'm trying to keep it simple.

Bumping to repost this question. :smile:

naturalagain2

Yea I don't use it as much. I mostly use it to prepoo and to seal my hair during wash day. Only time I may use it during the week 2/3 times is if I'm wearing a twist out that week. Otherwise it's mainly during wash day.

mzteaze

@mzteaze how do u use this product ? Is it an oil you put on damp hair after washing? Then use a moisturizer/leave in? What benefits have you seen?

It's a really cool product because it feels like a non greasy serum but it has a number of oils mixed in. I've used it on wet and dry hair. But I prefer using it nightly as rehydration for my hair and ends then seal with a little Shea butter. I also count it as part of my "layering" of ayurvedic products.

So far, my hair loves it. My ends only needed a dusting as opposed to a full on trim this deep into a very cold winter.

I just want to reiterate that I have fine hair so the serum works better for me since it does not weigh down my hair. But if you feel that you need an oil, she has that option as well.