2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

Britt

It's a really cool product because it feels like a non greasy serum but it has a number of oils mixed in. I've used it on wet and dry hair. But I prefer using it nightly as rehydration for my hair and ends then seal with a little Shea butter. I also count it as part of my "layering" of ayurvedic products.

So far, my hair loves it. My ends only needed a dusting as opposed to a full on trim this deep into a very cold winter.

I just want to reiterate that I have fine hair so the serum works better for me since it does not weigh down my hair. But if you feel that you need an oil, she has that option as well.
Thanks for this!
I like that it’s morw liquidy like a serum but packed with oils. I don’t like too many oils or heavy products so that appeals to me. Does its stink?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Thanks for this!
I like that it’s morw liquidy like a serum but packed with oils. I don’t like too many oils or heavy products so that appeals to me. Does its stink?

I don't think so. It does NOT have a perfume-y scent either. You can detect the essentials oils in the mix which I like. However, to be fair, I'm not adverse to scents many here did not like (I use onion juice weekly) so I hesitate on being the definitive scent detective.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
So I tried Belle Bar’s “Amazon Intense Regeneration Hair Mask.” There was approx. 2 tsp in my sample. (ALL of the samples say 0.3oz so that was about 2 tsp to my measuring)
I decided to use one tsp last week with EBW Jojoba Monoi DC then this week I mixed Nature Gate’s Biotin conditioner with NurCreations Lemongrass DC. Both times, I mixed in 1tbsp of coconut oil and 1tbsp of avocado oil to stretch the masque a bit more.
It was pretty darn awesome! Both times I got super juicy, strong hair. Lots of hang time and elasticity, ease of detangling and my hair stayed moisturized 3-4 days instead of 1-2 days with my normal routine.
Usually when I do Ayurveda for my hair, it’s herbs &/or oils. I don’t typically mix in milk, honey, fruits and vegetables too. I guess I’ve been a bit hesitant to be on team DoingTooMuch. But the difference is definitely there!
My little experiment has me wanting to add more milks, fruits, vegetables to my oils and herbs with my conditioner.
I do also think there’s some truth to the ingredients being high quality and the mixes themselves being quite potent. I admittedly was a bit skeptical about a little going such a long way.

All things considered, if I could justify the price, I definitely wouldn’t mind purchasing full sizes. And for those who don’t stockpile their cabinets with ingredients like me, I can see it being worthwhile.
All in all, I’m looking forward to the Waikiki Hair Mask next.
I’d say for those of you who don’t already experiment with coconut milk, honey, etc in your treatments, give it a whirl! I’ll definitely be supercharging all of my silicone-free conditioners henceforth.
Here are the ingredients of this mask and a brief description of their properties straight from the Belle Bar website for those of you interested:

*Goat Milk - Fills in holes in the hair strand, can make hair moisturized and pliable and extremely healthy.
*Aloe Vera Oil - Rejuvenate hair follicles & reduce hair thinning
*Fenugreek - Prevents & treats existing baldness.
*Pumpkin - not only stimulate hair growth but will also help you get rid of premature balding, deeply moisturizing. hydrates and renews new skin cells on the scalp.
*Marshmallow Root - Helps prevents breakage by detangling hair.
*Neem Oil - Regenerative properties that stimulate hair follicle growth & function.
*Grapeseed Oil - Blocks a hormone that causes hair loss, known for its high smoking point, it’s a natural heat protectant.

@naturalyogini @TamaraShaniece

caribeandiva

Human being
I've been meaning to ask here: How does using whipped Shea butter impact your use of the CP oil?...
I don’t use the CP growth oil i made. I used it once or twice and never touched it again. So it’s just sitting there unused. I found that I don’t need it since Shea Butter has my retention game on point! I wanted to see how fast my hair REALLY grows on its own once I got my regimen right. I’m finding out that my hair grows way faster than I thought.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
So I tried Belle Bar’s “Amazon Intense Regeneration Hair Mask.” There was approx. 2 tsp in my sample. (ALL of the samples say 0.3oz so that was about 2 tsp to my measuring)
I decided to use one tsp last week with EBW Jojoba Monoi DC then this week I mixed Nature Gate’s Biotin conditioner with NurCreations Lemongrass DC. Both times, I mixed in 1tbsp of coconut oil and 1tbsp of avocado oil to stretch the masque a bit more.
It was pretty darn awesome! Both times I got super juicy, strong hair. Lots of hang time and elasticity, ease of detangling and my hair stayed moisturized 3-4 days instead of 1-2 days with my normal routine.
Usually when I do Ayurveda for my hair, it’s herbs &/or oils. I don’t typically mix in milk, honey, fruits and vegetables too. I guess I’ve been a bit hesitant to be on team DoingTooMuch. But the difference is definitely there!
My little experiment has me wanting to add more milks, fruits, vegetables to my oils and herbs with my conditioner.
I do also think there’s some truth to the ingredients being high quality and the mixes themselves being quite potent. I admittedly was a bit skeptical about a little going such a long way.

All things considered, if I could justify the price, I definitely wouldn’t mind purchasing full sizes. And for those who don’t stockpile their cabinets with ingredients like me, I can see it being worthwhile.
All in all, I’m looking forward to the Waikiki Hair Mask next.
I’d say for those of you who don’t already experiment with coconut milk, honey, etc in your treatments, give it a whirl! I’ll definitely be supercharging all of my silicone-free conditioners henceforth.
Here are the ingredients of this mask and a brief description of their properties straight from the Belle Bar website for those of you interested:

*Goat Milk - Fills in holes in the hair strand, can make hair moisturized and pliable and extremely healthy.
*Aloe Vera Oil - Rejuvenate hair follicles & reduce hair thinning
*Fenugreek - Prevents & treats existing baldness.
*Pumpkin - not only stimulate hair growth but will also help you get rid of premature balding, deeply moisturizing. hydrates and renews new skin cells on the scalp.
*Marshmallow Root - Helps prevents breakage by detangling hair.
*Neem Oil - Regenerative properties that stimulate hair follicle growth & function.
*Grapeseed Oil - Blocks a hormone that causes hair loss, known for its high smoking point, it’s a natural heat protectant.

@naturalyogini @TamaraShaniece

Oh yea.....I want to try this with the SheaLicious Cocktail conditioner. Hope they’re easy to find. I agree that added moisture you get days after washing it out is incredible. I’ve never experienced that w/ a deep conditioner by itself.

But you make a great point, you can buy those ingredients from Etsy, Grocers, etc. I remember people used coconut milk in their DC. If you already add this stuff to your hair products for days on moisture, then you probably don’t need B.B.

Daina

I've been meaning to ask here: How does using whipped Shea butter impact your use of the CP oil?

I find I use it way less. Now, I mainly use it to add to my SB recipe and henna gloss. I also add a bit to my Ayuverdic tea spray. I could oil my scalp with CP oil before adding SB to my hair but I'm trying to keep it simple.

@Keen, I LCOB so I definitely still use mine as the oil in my process. I also use it on wash day for my scalp and once or twice mid-week when I oil and massage. I've found since sealing with my SB blend, I don't have to LCOB but once per week so I don't use it as often. I also rotate it as part of my oils I use to pre-poo.

Daina

Working on a new batch today, not sure of all the powders yet but for sure will use:

Fenugreek seeds
Amla powder
Brahmi powder
Shikaki powder
Rose powder
MSM
Vit C
Maca oil
Coconut oil
EVOO
JBCO
Grapeseed oil
Almond oil
Peppermint EO
Tea tree EO
Rosemary EO

Hoping to make enough for 16 oz. I use my oil mainly on my scalp after using Xcel 21 every 2 days. It reminds me to massage my scalp. I also use it in my ends care routine when I LCOB. My ends have behaved nicely with this oil sealed in with my SB mix.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
I’m patiently awaiting 11am CST. Though I’m quick to tell everyone who will listen to me, you can benefit from henna in an hour, I insist on leaving it in my hair 12 hours minimum. That’s down from my 24 hours though :drunk:
My usual process for a henna Rx is to cleanse my hair and add it directly after cleansing without adding conditioner. I don’t recommend others do that but I am most impressed with my own results when I do this.
I used ayurvedic black soap, and I was reminded why I am trying very hard to make my way through the miscellaneous cleansers I’ve collected over the years so I can make black soap my primary cleanser. It made HG status last night. I mean, I’ve always liked it. But last night made me wonder why I ever struggled with cleansers before. Like, why wouldn’t my hair stay completely degunked yet soft to the touch and completely detangled???
I’m convinced a lot of retention issues can be ameliorated with detangling.

Nini90012

Nope, I don't blow dry. I air dry in about ten twists throughout the day. In the night I break the twists down and apply product to each section for a roller. It's a lot easier for me than when my hair is wet.
@Colocha your hair is beautiful! I would like to try to set my hair on rods using your method. Could you please share what product you put on your hair?

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
@Colocha your hair is beautiful! I would like to try to set my hair on rods using your method. Could you please share what product you put on your hair?
Thank you so much. :)

I use Oyin Hair Dew mixed with sabino moisture block, then I add jojoba oil and Camille rose almond jai on top of everything. Basically I do the LOC method.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Yikes! :eek2:

I would never pay that amount for an ounce of just HAIR product. $5.00 an ounce scares me so imagine what $34 an ounce would do to me - probably put me directly into cardiac arrest. So nope, :nono: never happnin'

I said early on in this thread that I would purchase some product to support Belle Bar & see how it differs from my homemade version, but chile, I think my curiosity is filled. A 1 lb bag of rhassoul clay is about $17 with free shipping on Amazon........just saying.

A tiny comfort, I could saved $5 in shipping by going to their pop up store in NYC.

Daina

Working on a new batch today, not sure of all the powders yet but for sure will use:

Fenugreek seeds
Amla powder
Brahmi powder
Shikaki powder
Rose powder
MSM
Vit C
Maca oil
Coconut oil
EVOO
JBCO
Grapeseed oil
Almond oil
Peppermint EO
Tea tree EO
Rosemary EO

Hoping to make enough for 16 oz. I use my oil mainly on my scalp after using Xcel 21 every 2 days. It reminds me to massage my scalp. I also use it in my ends care routine when I LCOB. My ends have behaved nicely with this oil sealed in with my SB mix.

Have my mix brewing on my candle warmer, will transfer to my crockpot and let it simmer on warm for a day as well. All told want it to infuse for 7 days. I will use Gro Aut oil this week for my scalp until this batch is ready. Only additional powder I added was a teaspoon of matcha powder.

naturalyogini

So I'm following the CP Beastmode on a budget challenge. This week was henna melt with Rainbow brown henna,hibiscus , aloe vera powder , honey, avocado oil and conditioner. Left on for 2 hours. My grays are light brown but that's ok. Also made Sukesh tea with hibiscus and aloe vera powder .Stuck in fridge to steep overnight.

BlessedXs2

I’ve mixed henna hibiscus and Shikakai with warm water and avc. I’m gonna do my first treatment. I’ll let it sit for a few hours while I take my kids to the park then I’ll aplly once I get back. I’m scared because I already have red hair so idk what the color change will be but I’m excited to try! I’ll report back with the results maybe even before and after pictures.