2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Wowwww :shocked:. I am shocked because their prices were already ridiculous and now they're going higher. Smh! :nono: I won't be ordering anything else from there, that's for sure. I got the CP tea and I won't be re-ordering it. Are they putting gold in the bag along with your order or something like that? Geesh! I'm out.

If you can find a local bulk herb shop, it's cheaper to DIY. I spent about $12 on the 1 ounce EACH of the raw herbs in the tea. Made at least 10 ounces. That will last FOREVER.

Tchanelle

You can also order herbs (powdered & whole) from mountainroseherbs.com Most of their herbs are organic Oregon tilth certified and the low cost of the herbs balances out the cost of shipping. For example, 1 pound of amla is $9, 1 pound of brahmi is $10.50, 1 pound of neem is $9, 1 pound of hibiscus is $11.50 etc. You don't have to purchase a pound either. You can order an ounce, 4 ounces, 8 ounces, or pounds. You also get a bulk discount once you order a certain number of pounds.

Last edited:

NicWhite

You can also order herbs (powdered & whole) from mountainroseherbs.com Most of their herbs are organic Oregon tilth certified and the low cost of the herbs balances out the cost of shipping. For example, 1 pound of alma is $9, 1 pound of brahmi is $10.50, 1 pound of neem is $9, 1 pound of hibiscus is $11.50 etc. You don't have to purchase a pound either. You can order an ounce, 4 ounces, 8 ounces, or pounds. You also get a bulk discount once you order a certain number of pounds.

Yes, Girl, yes. That’s where I got my stash too. Whatever I can get from them I do. I love their products. I bought my neem and rhassoul clay from them as well.

Aggie

If you can find a local bulk herb shop, it's cheaper to DIY. I spent about $12 on the 1 ounce EACH of the raw herbs in the tea. Made at least 10 ounces. That will last FOREVER.
@mzteaze

Now this sounds more like it. This I can do for sure. I'll stick with herbco and a couple others I found to shop with.

mzteaze

Guess someone got an $1,000,000 evaluation on their company. Sheesh!!! So glad I stocked up when they released a 15% coupon.

In their defense AND at the risk of repeating myself, their prices reflect the cost of buying organic products AND meeting the labeling/packaging laws for the US and internationally.

I also highly suspect that their formulas use a drying process which is costly to do in a small batch, by hand process. Their prices will potentially increase as they work to scale up the business from hand made to a more standard manufacturing process simply because most companies will charge extra for it.

I say this because I've worked in the third party cosmetics manufacturing in the NY/NJ area where Belle Bar Organics is located. The costs for a business to make the jump from hand made small scale to next level is not only expensive but risky as you deal with unscrupulous folks at this point of the process.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Now 15% off coupon can't even whisper a pray in their direction from me. Glad you got a coupon early on. I already unsubscribed from receiving their notifications. Not even remotely interested at this point.

Girl, me, either. RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. :nono: I cannawwwwt.

mzteaze

So....

Here is a first use review. I will preface this by saying that I am annoyed for one simple reason. IF you buy the CP rhassoul clay cleanser, DO NOT base your use/price using the directions on their website. The directions on the website have you mixing 1.5 teaspoons of product to water.

HOWEVER, if you watch the CP video, she uses 2 TABLESPOONS of product (or 4 times as much as recommended by Belle Bar). At this rate, you would use up a 1 oz container in roughly 2, maybe 3 sessions.

The product smells good (I love the smell of cloves). I mixed it up using the recommended amount from the website. Even at is thinnest, this is NOT enough product. I added rhassoul clay from my own collection to stretch the product. Even with that, it didn't do much for me AND left particles in my hair.

I WILL DIY this product but will not buy again.

Aggie

I'm double spraying my hair with CP henna tea rinse tonight and sealing it all in with my Shea butter blend.
ETA:

I used a heavy handed amount of JMonique's Naturals Curl Defing Pudding and I did not like it on top of my henna tea rinse but it felt better under my Shea Butter Blend. It smells a little off since I'v had far longer than a year under my bed. I'm throwing the reminder of it in the trash because I don't like the smell of it :barf:. At the same time, I wonder what would happen if I change the smell of it a little before I trash it. Hmmm :scratchchin:...I gatta see :giggle:

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
In their defense AND at the risk of repeating myself, their prices reflect the cost of buying organic products AND meeting the labeling/packaging laws for the US and internationally.

I also highly suspect that their formulas use a drying process which is costly to do in a small batch, by hand process. Their prices will potentially increase as they work to scale up the business from hand made to a more standard manufacturing process simply because most companies will charge extra for it.

I say this because I've worked in the third party cosmetics manufacturing in the NY/NJ area where Belle Bar Organics is located. The costs for a business to make the jump from hand made small scale to next level is not only expensive but risky as you deal with unscrupulous folks at this point of the process.

I hear you. I think I’ll continue to purchase Belle Bar at the bulk level since it’s sooo much less expensive than buying 1 oz. Finally achieving BSL would be worth it.

Aggie

ETA:

I used a heavy handed amount of JMonique's Naturals Curl Defing Pudding and I did not like it on top of my henna tea rinse but it felt better under my Shea Butter Blend. It smells a little off since I'v had far longer than a year under my bed. I'm throwing the reminder of it in the trash because I don't like the smell of it :barf:. At the same time, I wonder what would happen if I change the smell of it a little before I trash it. Hmmm :scratchchin:...I gatta see :giggle:
Nope, don't want it. In the trash it went.

Saga

The Generous Queen
So I've noticed that now that I am finally on my second bottle of CP oil I can tell that I used a lot more castor oil in this batch than the last one. It's not a bad thing, but I think I want to cover up the scent with some EO when I get home. Also, due to the amount of castor oil, I have to be a lot more light with my application because it created a thicker mixture. Either way I use it maybe 3-4 times a week instead of everyday like I did with the original batch. Currently my hair is in two strand twists w/o extensions. I'll see if there is any more progress in a few weeks when I take them out and cornrow my hair to go up under a wig.

BlessedXs2

I’m infusing a new batch as we speak. Right now it’s just olive oil and coconut oil fenugreek seed with Amla (high vitamin c) henna and shakaiki. I added Amal in the hopes I can skip the vitamin c and still have the same effects. I’m going to add sulfur powder today. Should I add MSM or would that be redundant? I plan to add castor oil and avocado too.
I made my henna paste chickened out and added conditioner and only left on for an hour so no color change but my hair felt amazing after!
I’m transitioning so I really hope this’ll help my growth so I can stop cutting these ends that are not “damaged” and just be on the grow actually seeing my work pay off. I cut off 2 1/2 - 3 inches on Saturday putting me back at were I was in October when I had my last mini chop. I’m going to track my growth more carefully to see if I can get an inch r at least more than a 1/2 inch that I’ve been getting. Although i am grateful for the 1/2 in I do get.

naturalagain2

Making my 2nd batch of Shea butter for my hair. Instead of adding my pre-made CP oil to my Shea butter like last time and whipping, I'm following her video this time and heating the herbs and oil. I'm also adding a herb/oil she didn't.

I heated Amla, hibiscus, and henna on very low heat for a min or two constantly mixing then added coconut oil & organic EO olive oil and heated for about 2 or 3 more mins. Then I put into a glass bowl and covered. I will let it sit til tomorrow night then add about 3 or 4 tbs of shea butter, rosemary & peppermint oil and mix. I hope I like this batch. Shea butter has been good to my hair. Can't wait to try it.

Also about to finish my second batch of CP oil. Already have a 3rd batch in a mason jar that's been infusing ready to go.

Feels good to make my own stuff and not be dependent on hair items at the store.

Last edited:

naturalagain2

Making my 2nd batch of Shea butter for my hair. Instead of adding my pre-made CP oil to my Shea butter like last time and whipping, I'm following her video this time and heating the herbs and oil. I'm also adding a herb/oil she didn't.

I heated Amla, hibiscus, and henna on very low heat for a min or two constantly mixing then added coconut oil & organic EO olive oil and heated for about 2 or 3 more mins. Then I put into a glass bowl and covered. I will let it sit til tomorrow night then add about 3 or 4 tbs of shea butter, rosemary & peppermint oil and mix. I hope I like this batch. Shea butter has been good to my hair. Can't wait to try it.

Also about to finish my second batch of CP oil. Already have a 3rd batch in a mason jar that's been infusing ready to go.

Feels good to make my own stuff and not be dependent on hair items at the store.

I think next time around I will use 1/2 tsp of each herb and do like I did above. It's a nice mixture my hair feels good and super soft but I don't think I need a teaspoon of each herb. It's a bit too much. I'm glad I made a small amount. But my current mix is nice just worrying about staining my white bathroom counter or clothes if a little bit gets on them, especially when the kids use it for their hair.