2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

silverlotus

I know that most of the Indians would recommend using a herbal treatment, whichever one you decide to use, at least 2-3 times a week. For the record, I don't. Not because I don't want to, but because I truly don't have the time.

My hair usually feels very strong after MOST ayurveda treatments but it is soon softened using deep conditioners that I like, not what Curly Proverbz likes.

I REALLY love Naturelle Grow Rose Clay Deep Conditioner. That thing is super moisturizing on my hair. It works every-time to soften my hair after ANY ayurveda treatment.

I sure hope you find the regimen that works perfectly for you @silverlotus.

Thank you! NG’s Rose Clay did not work for me at all lol. I have others that I like though, so it’s fine. By herbal treatment, you mean a mask or an oil? Do they traditionally use tea sprays and glosses, or is that a modern adaptation?

I use coconut oil as a prepoo 2x/week. I wouldn’t mind trying an infused oil with one of the herbs as an experiment to start.

Aggie

Thank you! NG’s Rose Clay did not work for me at all lol. I have others that I like though, so it’s fine. By herbal treatment, you mean a mask or an oil? Do they traditionally use tea sprays and glosses, or is that a modern adaptation?

I use coconut oil as a prepoo 2x/week. I wouldn’t mind trying an infused oil with one of the herbs as an experiment to start.
By herbal treatment I meant ayurveda herbal treatments like amla, brahmi, hibiscus, aloe vera powder, curry leaves, bhringraj powder, rose petal powder, shikakai, triphala powder, etc.

You can make tea rinses, masks and glosses with all of them. It just depends on what is easier for your schedule and of course what your hair needs the most.

The rinses are fastest, the glosses are easier to rinse out than the masks but the masks are most concentrated since you leave them on the hair for an hour or so.

If you would like to try making infused oils and see if they are better for your hair, go right on ahead hon. That might be only what your hair likes. My hair likes them all.

As for the tea rinses, be sure to saturate your hair in some moisturizing leave-in or moisturizer before applying an ayurveda tea to your hair. This leaves the hair more moisturized. I tend to seal it all in with raw African Shea Butter to retain the moisture longer.

Last edited:

silverlotus

By herbal treatment I meant ayurveda herbal treatments like amla, brahmi, hibiscus, sloe vera powder, curry leaves, bhringraj powder, rose petal powder, shikakai, triphala powder, etc.

You can make tea rinses, masks and glosses with all of them. It just depends on what is easier for your schedule and of course what your hair needs the most.

The rinses are fastest, the glosses are easier to rinse out than the masks but the masks are most concentrated since you leave them on the hair for an hour or so.

If you would like to try making infused oils and see if they are better for your hair, go right on ahead hon. That might be only what your hair likes. My hair likes them all.

As for the tea rinses, be sure to saturate your hair in some moisturizing leave-in or moisturizer before applying an ayurveda tea to your hair. This leaves the hair more moisturized. I tend to seal it all in with raw African Shea Butter to retain the moisture longer.

Thank you for the help!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Beginner questions:

Does CP not use a DC in her regimen at all?

Also, my hair is short & it really doesn’t need strengthening, just moisture. Would an Ayuvedic regimen not be worth it for me? Even when relaxed, henna made my hair feel rough. Plus, it was messy.

One other thing I thought of:

One of the supposed benefits of Ayurveda is that it doesn't take a lot or anything complex . . . simple works well!

So some aloe Vera powder and rose powder in either some distilled water or coconut cream/milk . . . a person could do a strands test to see if that's moisturizing for his/her hair or not.

A book I read on Ayurveda said to look at your hair's needs, choose herbs based on their properties and what they do, and keep it simple. Aloe and rose are moisturizing. But if your hair is lowpo, I've read that aloe and coconut may need to be handled carefully, if at all.

silverlotus

One other thing I thought of:

One of the supposed benefits of Ayurveda is that it doesn't take a lot or anything complex . . . simple works well!

So some aloe Vera powder and rose powder in either some distilled water or coconut cream/milk . . . a person could do a strands test to see if that's moisturizing for his/her hair or not.

A book I read on Ayurveda said to look at your hair's needs, choose herbs based on their properties and what they do, and keep it simple. Aloe and rose are moisturizing. But if your hair is lowpo, I've read that aloe and coconut may need to be handled carefully, if at all.

Yea, this is why I was wondering if CP uses a DC or not. I like the idea of keeping things simple without extra steps and ingredients. I ordered some amla and hibiscus powder to try. I’ll be doing one at a time as a test.

Where are you guys buying rose powder from?

Aggie

On Monday past, I infused some fenugreek seeds and Burdock Root in some fractionated coconut oil and castor oil. I'm only making about 10 ounces of it this time. I'll let it infuse for another week or so before I use it on my scalp.

This oil should be ready so I might strain it tomorrow and bottle it up for my scalp :yep:.

Aggie

This oil should be ready so I might strain it tomorrow and bottle it up for my scalp :yep:.
I ended up adding some coffee powder to this mix and left it to infuse for another 2 weeks. I will give it until the weekend before I strain it. I just shook it up and I can finally smell the coffee beans in there. I couldn't smell them a couple of days ago so I realize that the longer it infuses, the better.

Aggie

I used some CP growth oil under my henna on damp hair this morning. It made my hair feel pretty soft plus the henna applied very easily. A winner and will use again.

Leo24Rule

I'm trying to think this through as well.

I think what I've decided to do is get my henna gloss in in the form of a midweek cowash. CurlyProverbz (Farida) advises to start out doing the glosses every two weeks at first, I believe. Once the hair has adjusted and you've figured out which gloss and ingredients and ingreidnet ratios and so forth are best for your own hair, it is then that she says (if I'm not mistaken) that you might move to weekly glosses.

I don't see me adding a weekly gloss to wash day. That would be a:thud:.

So I had thought: Midweek henna gloss, then, basically like a midweek cowash except containing henna, lavendar, ayuredic ingredients, etc. maybe???

I started my first henna gloss Tuesday. I plan on doing bi-weekly henna glosses as CP suggested. How long do I do the bi-weekly henna glosses before doing weekly henna glosses and before committing to doing straight henna masks?

Leo24Rule

I'd like to join; I already use a modified version of her regimen.
  1. What do you hope to gain from trialing a CurlyProverbz-based regimen? Healthy and thicker hair growth
  2. What products or mixes do you intend to use? Teas, infused oil, and henna masks/glosses.
  3. How frequently will you cleanse your hair? Henna glosses bi-weekly with alternate of other ayurvedic powders weeks I don't henna.
  4. How frequently will you apply your various products, mixes, etc? Weekly: Hot Oil Treatment as a prepoo, apply gloss, then DC, followed by LOC method. 3x a week: Scalp massages and spritz hair tea Monthly: Henna masks
  5. How frequently will you trim or search and destroy? I've already trimmed my hair so not for another 6 months.
  6. Anything else you'd like to share? Supplementing my regimen with ayurvedics. In addition, incorporating such vitamins as: Aloe Vera, Marine Collagen with MSM, Hair Skin & Nails, multi-vitamin, increase my water intake, eat healthier, exercise, daily ingestion of protein powder. I'm interested in rice water.

Last edited:

Aggie

I started my first henna gloss Tuesday. I plan on doing bi-weekly henna glosses as CP suggested. How long do I do the bi-weekly henna glosses before doing weekly henna glosses and before committing to doing straight henna masks?
I do straight henna treatments once a month now since I am tackling gray hairs but before that, I was doing them once every 6 weeks.

Aggie

I just did a full 2 step henna and indigo treatment on Sunday past and will be doing a 1 step hendigo treatment in a week and a half. It's time to make a henna tea rinse but I may do it this weekend. Too tired to make one now.

Daina

Hey all, don't know how to paste a video but Curly Proverbz has an updated growth oil recipe with some new ingredients!

Aggie

Hey all, don't know how to paste a video but Curly Proverbz has an updated growth oil recipe with some new ingredients!
I got a notification on it but I didn't watch the video, not yet anyway. Not sure if I'm even interested at this point. I am so tired of chasing the next 'NEW' product from all these companies and promoters of them. They wear me right out :nono:.

Leo24Rule

Although, I'm familiar and watch CP videos I watched nearly 10 videos today.

I see CP made a week 1 and week 2 curly routine for Beast Mode Hair Growth on a Budget but what does we do for week 3 and 4? I'm confused with the Beast Mode Hair Growth on a budget and using Clay wash:

Beast Mode Clay Wash
Week 1 Week 1
Pre poo with egg & olive oil Apply oil to hair and let sit for 30 mins
Rinse out & shampoo/use gloss Select a clay wash to use
Deep condition Rinse & apply moisturizing DC
Spray tea mix 3x a week Spray tea mix 3x a week
Apply leave-in conditioner/butter/gel Apply leave-in conditioner/butter/gel
Moisturize & seal daily Moisturize & seal daily

Week 2 Week 2
Co-wash & use moisturizing DC Pre poo with oil and scalp massage
Spray tea mix Shampoo/Cowash
Apply leave-in conditioner/butter/gel Spray tea mix
Moisturize & seal daily Apply leave-in conditioner/butter/gel

**Oil & massage scalp 3x a week

See my confusion? Should I follow 1 and not the other or combine both: Week 1 clay wash, week 2 pre poo with egg & cowash using ayurvedic powders, week 3 use a henna gloss bar, week 4 cowash using ayurvedic powders yet still use tea spray 3x a week?

I'm about to make a tea spritz to steep overnight with aloe vera, amla, & brahmi powders so I can use 3x a week.

Leo24Rule

I need to buy applicator bottle, henna, hibiscus powder, fenugreek powder, aloe vera juice, and lavender oil so I can make this CP oil

Leo24Rule

I use demi permanent color on my hair once a month to every 6 weeks @gawcjw. I also use a full henna treatment on my hair once a month but a henna gloss on weeks when I'm not doing either of the above. My hair is doing fine.

I believe you are referring to commercial henna and not body art quality (BAQ) henna. BAQ henna is safe to use even the day of a relaxer because it is all natural and safe to use on any hair, natural or relaxed.

Hi Aggie!
I see that you do a full henna 1x a month and henna glosses the other weeks. That's something I want to do, but as a newbie to henna how should I do it? I've only done 1 henna gloss so far, but I've done cassia paste/glosses before but not on consistent basis.

Leo24Rule

:D Thanks!! In a cup of boiling water I added a satchel full of:

Henna
Amla
Brahmi
Aloe Vera Powder
Bhringraj Powder
Shot of AVJ

Just random amounts of each but more henna than anything. I let it steep overnight then removed the satchel. I'm not sure what's giving me the shine but I'll take it!!

Hi. So in your tea spray you have henna AND also henna 1x a month plus henna glosses? How often can you henna + use henna tea spray?

Aggie

Hi Aggie!
I see that you do a full henna 1x a month and henna glosses the other weeks. That's something I want to do, but as a newbie to henna how should I do it? I've only done 1 henna gloss so far, but I've done cassia paste/glosses before but not on consistent basis.
Just to remain on the safe side - I would say every other week will suffice for a henna gloss. If you are not yet getting gray hairs just yet, I would do a full henna treatment once every 6 weeks. That's actually enough. You can do the glosses every 2 weeks.

Leo24Rule

Just to remain on the safe side - I would say every other week will suffice for a henna gloss. If you are not yet getting gray hairs just yet, I would do a full henna treatment once every 6 weeks. That's actually enough. You can do the glosses every 2 weeks.

I do have a couple gray hairs in the front.
With that said still do the glosses every 2 weeks and full henna every 6 weeks?

Aggie

I just strained my coffee, fenugreek seed and burdock root oil to use after I run out of my CP fenugreek growth oil. I will add the essential oils just before using it.

Aggie

I do have a couple gray hairs in the front.
With that said still do the glosses every 2 weeks and full henna every 6 weeks?
yes, since you don't have much gray hairs. I have more than you do so I do the full henna and indigo 2 step treatment once a month and a hendigo 1 step treatment/gloss every other week.

Leo24Rule

I'm out of henna and amla powder. Need to order more this week.

@naturalagain2 My hair loves protein but henna allows me to only need weaker proteins if that makes sense. So my weekly dcs would look like:

Wk 1 - Henna gloss
Wk 2 - Moisture
Wk 3 - DC w/ Silk or wheat protein (weaker protein)
Wk 4 - moisture

Plus I started using a henna shea butter, and I still use my henna tea. All of that together means I don't need as much protein in my routine, especially not protein treatments (keratin, etc.).

Hello. What do you mean by moisture? Like using moisturizing ayurvedic herbs in a gloss, using the tea spritz/oil, or literally moisturizing your hair everyday for that week?