2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

MzOptimistic

I know I’m probably too late to officially join the challenge but I love Curly Proverbs regimen and have been doing Henna Glosses, Tea Rinses & her fenugreek hair oil since March 2018. The pic is my results from March 2018 to last week (July 17th 2018) when I texlaxed. I love this regimen.

Attachments

• 799D09A5-0E73-4FC9-9866-A05F905E4A4B.jpeg
    799D09A5-0E73-4FC9-9866-A05F905E4A4B.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Daina

I know I’m probably too late to officially join the challenge but I love Curly Proverbs regimen and have been doing Henna Glosses, Tea Rinses & her fenugreek hair oil since March 2018. The pic is my results from March 2018 to last week (July 17th 2018) when I texlaxed. I love this regimen.

Welcome to the thread...no time frame needed to join just post away!

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Is it too late is it too late to rejoin :laugh: I’m ready to get serious about hair care. Goals: growth, shine, thickness, improved texture, and color (let’s bring out those red highlights honey lol)

Yesterday wash day:
Washed hair w black soap shampoo
Detangled Giovanni SAS conditioner
Deep condition w Mint Babbassu
Tea spritz
Kinky curly knot today leave in
Shea butter to twist

Tea spritz I used two tea bags: green tea hibiscus + chamomile lavender

Plan: wash weekly or every other week
Re twist (aka re-moisturize and seal) between washing w tea spritz + KCKT + whipped Shea butter

Henna Oil to pre-poo / hot oil treat:
I’m thinking: henna + hibiscus + amla + brahmi + bhringraj in EVCO (maybe add EVOO?) w a little castor oil infused via candle warmer?

Fusion of culture inspired deep conditioner every 2 weeks:
Shea butter + hibiscus amla (2:1 ratio) + honey + a little JBCO

Monthly herbal mask:
Nupur 9 Henna + hibiscus + amla + aloe vera powder mixed w coconut milk (the hibiscus and aloe vera are new additions I want to try)

Thoughts and Suggestions to my regimen ?
I know everyone lives fenugreek powder but I’ve never used it and not sure where to incorporate

Attachments

• 490125DC-C6D6-4A21-8D96-447A29BE4538.jpeg
    490125DC-C6D6-4A21-8D96-447A29BE4538.jpeg
    986.6 KB · Views: 88

Daina

Is it too late is it too late to rejoin :laugh: I’m ready to get serious about hair care. Goals: growth, shine, thickness, improved texture, and color (let’s bring out those red highlights honey lol)

Yesterday wash day:
Washed hair w black soap shampoo
Detangled Giovanni SAS conditioner
Deep condition w Mint Babbassu
Tea spritz
Kinky curly knot today leave in
Shea butter to twist

Tea spritz I used two tea bags: green tea hibiscus + chamomile lavender

Plan: wash weekly or every other week
Re twist (aka re-moisturize and seal) between washing w tea spritz + KCKT + whipped Shea butter

Henna Oil to pre-poo / hot oil treat:
I’m thinking: henna + hibiscus + amla + brahmi + bhringraj in EVCO (maybe add EVOO?) w a little castor oil infused via candle warmer?

Fusion of culture inspired deep conditioner every 2 weeks:
Shea butter + hibiscus amla (2:1 ratio) + honey + a little JBCO

Monthly herbal mask:
Nupur 9 Henna + hibiscus + amla + aloe vera powder mixed w coconut milk (the hibiscus and aloe vera are new additions I want to try)

I know everyone lives fenugreek powder but I’ve never used it and not sure where to incorporate

Sounds like a good plan to me! I use fenugreek mainly in my CP oil, but I also use it in my cassia glosses.

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Super Hair Growth Oil DIY recipe |

She added the powders to a jar. Add the warm coconut oil and olive oil. Next add your essential oils. She suggests infusing the oils for four weeks, but of course, we are advanced in that we now are using warmers, crockpots, etc.

Let me know if I've missed something.

Can you elaborate on the quoted portion above? The last time I tried to use a crock pot my jar exploded but I think that’s Becca I wasn’t heating the oil up with the lid on (I should know better from lessons about temperature and pressure in school smh) I have a candle warmer and would love to know how to use it to infuse herbs into the oil like do I ads everything all together or need to heat the powders first and how long do I leave on the warmer etc

ThatJerseyGirl

Can you elaborate on the quoted portion above? The last time I tried to use a crock pot my jar exploded but I think that’s Becca I wasn’t heating the oil up with the lid on (I should know better from lessons about temperature and pressure in school smh) I have a candle warmer and would love to know how to use it to infuse herbs into the oil like do I ads everything all together or need to heat the powders first and how long do I leave on the warmer etc

I usually add the powders altogether with the oil and leave on the burner. I usually infuse my oil over the course of a few days.

Just recently, I had some Fenugreek Seeds mixed with coconut oil infused outside in my back yard in the sun because it has been so hot here. This resulted in a golden hue type of oil and smells sweet lolol... I left it outside for a few days.

The last time I infused my herbs, I did it over the course of a few days. If you don't have an old crock pot, try using a regular pot with water filled half way on a low flame. Be careful and make sure you watch it so the water does not boil out completely. Also, I used a mason jar with the lid on.

I hope this helped!

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
@ThatJerseyGirl thanks for the tips.

Currently infusing on a candle warmer in small mason jar:
3/4 jar EVCO
1/4 jar EVOO
2 tablespoons Nupur henna
1 heaping tablespoon Hesh amla
1 tablespoon rose powder

planning to infuse until I use for wash day on Sunday. excited to start seeing my growth take off with henna oil and hoping it'll boost red highlights in my hair. if my hair likes this mix I'll prob do increase the henna and amla amount with more oil and infuse for longer next time.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
UPDATE

1405F13F-40BF-43B1-A98B-FC2AAEE3E765.jpeg
Before was taken on March 3 when I started this Challenge as well as the CurlyProberbz Challenge.

After was taken on August 25. Honestly I should have taken pics today Sep 2 since my definition was even better. I’m just elated. I suffered a major setback March 2017... literally bald in some areas and I’m just about 80% recovered (noticeable length difference to myself)

Prepoo - Belle Bar “Cairo” and aloe vera gel (Naptural85 aloe leaf tutorial)

Cleanse - I alternated FAITHFULLY biweekly between my B.B. Rhassoul DIY wash (CP & Nap85 has rhassoul tutorials) & a shikakai (ayurvedic) shampoo bar

Condition - I also alternated FAITHFULLY between moisture & strengthing as apart of the Belle Bar X CurlyProverbz challenge (if you’re familiar). Week 1 (B.B. Waikiki + Shea Moisture HP Mask) Week 2 (B.B. x CP Henna Gloss + EBW Masque)

Rinse/LOC Method - I tried sticking to the rice water rinse but it was hard remembering to prep 48 hrs before wash day to allow for fermentation. But I did like the results.

Leave In - Maximrum Hydration Method
(As of 8/25 Belle Bar Sudan & Natty Leave In)
Oil - Shea Moisture High Porosity Oil
Cream - Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
(As of 8/25 Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Setting Creme - See CurlyProverbz Wash n Go Routine)

Gel - Eco (Olive PERMANENTLY), KCCC for twist outs)

Daina

Before was taken on March 3 when I started this Challenge as well as the CurlyProberbz Challenge.

After was taken on August 25. Honestly I should have taken pics today Sep 2 since my definition was even better. I’m just elated. I suffered a major setback March 2017... literally bald in some areas and I’m just about 80% recovered (noticeable length difference to myself)

Prepoo - Belle Bar “Cairo” and aloe vera gel (Naptural85 aloe leaf tutorial)

Cleanse - I alternated FAITHFULLY biweekly between my B.B. Rhassoul DIY wash (CP & Nap85 has rhassoul tutorials) & a shikakai (ayurvedic) shampoo bar

Condition - I also alternated FAITHFULLY between moisture & strengthing as apart of the Belle Bar X CurlyProverbz challenge (if you’re familiar). Week 1 (B.B. Waikiki + Shea Moisture HP Mask) Week 2 (B.B. x CP Henna Gloss + EBW Masque)

Rinse/LOC Method - I tried sticking to the rice water rinse but it was hard remembering to prep 48 hrs before wash day to allow for fermentation. But I did like the results.

Leave In - Maximrum Hydration Method
(As of 8/25 Belle Bar Sudan & Natty Leave In)
Oil - Shea Moisture High Porosity Oil
Cream - Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
(As of 8/25 Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Setting Creme - See CurlyProverbz Wash n Go Routine)

Gel - Eco (Olive PERMANENTLY), KCCC for twist outs)

Your curls are beautiful and well moisturized!

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
View attachment 435405 View attachment 435407 View attachment 435409

I really want to dye my hair that copper color on trend now. I haven't used henna in 2 - 3 weeks. Would it be okay to put the copper dye on top of that and continue using cassia instead?

My twin along with RiRi so you can get a feel for the hair again and what I look like. https://www.instagram.com/carmen.solomons/

ugh. L O V E :2inlove:
although I'm not sure about how the henna will act with the dye just because most likely your stylist will bleach you first before applying color which may cause the henna color to come through more, which is kind of orangeish so it might work <3

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
You can pretty much put the fenugreek powder anywhere you’d rinse it out. Best use imo is added to any kind of DC or Rx where it’ll be sitting in your hair for a little while. If it’s mixed well, my experience is that it makes whatever you add it to 10x more slippery. I LOVE it! I hope you have good results with it too!

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
So I just made this masque/clay treatment that was CP inspired with a few alterations. I’ve never used fenugreek powder in something I was using more like a cleanser (well, with clay). bayBAY, it was FABULOUS, new favorite! Holy grail status! Why have I only been using fenugreek powder in my oils and ROs???
I had such curl poppage and clumpage I am dying to do a WnG though all that definition will go to waste under a hard hat tomorrow :cry3:
ETA: I wanna share a pic but the site won’t let me :/

FAE2ECEC-FBC5-43A0-8F5C-CBBD8AAEFBF4.jpeg

Last edited:

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
So do y’all recommend buying fenugreek powder or seeds?

Did anyone catch CurlyProverbz video of fenugreek/aloe vera spritz? It seems like such an easy way to make and incorporate into a routine

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
So do y’all recommend buying fenugreek powder or seeds?

Did anyone catch CurlyProverbz video of fenugreek/aloe vera spritz? It seems like such an easy way to make and incorporate into a routine

Also let’s not forget. All major hair trends/finds/secrets happen here first. I may have just joined recently but I’ve been lurking for years - don’t judge me! lol

Peep this thread from 2014 about fenugreek:
https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...iness-great-slip-stops-shedding-cheap.697429/

I’m planning to get the seeds to soak for a spritz (seems the easiest least messy way to try) per CP video and add hibiscus tea

naturalagain2

View attachment 435405 View attachment 435407 View attachment 435409

I really want to dye my hair that copper color on trend now. I haven't used henna in 2 - 3 weeks. Would it be okay to put the copper dye on top of that and continue using cassia instead?

My twin along with RiRi so you can get a feel for the hair again and what I look like. https://www.instagram.com/carmen.solomons/

I dyed my hair similar to the copper color. It was about 2 or 3 months from my last henna session. It was fine. No problems whatsoever. I wouldn't continue to use cassia though after dying it though.

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Fall / Winter CP plans

Keep my hair in twists 50 % of the time and build up to 80%.

Her green tea & castor oil method on twists seems like a great idea since I’ll be wearing a SLAP anyway to protect my hair from the cold.

Aggie

The only thing I think I will do are herbal tea rinses with the powders I have in my stash to use them up and after they are finished up, I will not be keeping up with this. Too much work for me since I'm a little busier and really don't have the time anymore.