2018 Curlyproverbz-inspired Regimen Challenge

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Thanks! For what reasons would a person elect for one over the other? TIA!

I personally don't use henna for hair color, so I tend to use the glosses for my hair because additional oils down play the color release in henna.

But there are some good masks, like fenugreek based ones that don't have henna, but help with hair strength, growth and even hair loss.

SimplyWhole

I'm sorry to keep asking so many questions. This ayurvedic journey, I feel, is helping me so much.

What does your hair normally feel like, when it does not feel overly moisturized? TIA. (I'm asking because my hair IS spongy and cottony. :lol:)

When I use clays my hair is elimgated and looks and feels thicker. I am going to switch imgridents until I find my regimen. I also experimented with the new Mielle Organic products which may also contribute to the curly fro I have now.

All my conditioners except one are strengthening and I guess I am used to that feel - it may be hard to explain.

Keen

I’m thinking how to incorporate henna gloss without over complicating my wash day. For the pass month I’ve been pre poo with fenugreek seeds mask. I’m not giving it up because it allows me to detangle like a dream. So here is what I plan to do next wash:
Pre poo with growth oil for a few hours
ACV rinse for 10 mins
Rhassoul mask for 30 mins
Fenugreek mask mix with conditioner for whatever time allows.

I’m thinking about alternating the rhassoul mask with henna gloss.

SimplyWhole

I'm sorry to keep asking so many questions. This ayurvedic journey, I feel, is helping me so much.

What does your hair normally feel like, when it does not feel overly moisturized? TIA. (I'm asking because my hair IS spongy and cottony. :lol:)

I'm reviewing these 2 threads - they maybe helpful.

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/read-this-before-you-buy-anything-else.186229/

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/hair-breakage-101-just-wanted-to-share.84746/

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Very helpful. I'd read the first one before, but reviewing it is ALWAYS good. I was just reminded that I had pledged to chelate less frequently, especially given that I have a shower filter.

However, I had never seen the second thread. SUPER DUPER HELPFUL!!! Clarifying as all get out. :kiss:

:thankyou:

Now I'm starting to wonder if my hair has EVER felt mushy. I can't even really relate, I don't think. But then again maybe it has and I just don't know what "mushy" hair means/feels like. IDK.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I’m thinking how to incorporate henna gloss without over complicating my wash day. For the pass month I’ve been pre poo with fenugreek seeds mask. I’m not giving it up because it allows me to detangle like a dream. So here is what I plan to do next wash:
Pre poo with growth oil for a few hours
ACV rinse for 10 mins
Rhassoul mask for 30 mins
Fenugreek mask mix with conditioner for whatever time allows.

I’m thinking about alternating the rhassoul mask with henna gloss.

I'm trying to think this through as well.

I think what I've decided to do is get my henna gloss in in the form of a midweek cowash. CurlyProverbz (Farida) advises to start out doing the glosses every two weeks at first, I believe. Once the hair has adjusted and you've figured out which gloss and ingredients and ingreidnet ratios and so forth are best for your own hair, it is then that she says (if I'm not mistaken) that you might move to weekly glosses.

I don't see me adding a weekly gloss to wash day. That would be a:thud:.

So I had thought: Midweek henna gloss, then, basically like a midweek cowash except containing henna, lavendar, ayuredic ingredients, etc. maybe???

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
So, I'm finished for tonight. I absolutely LOVED the mix with henna, hibiscus and cocoa butter. This was a good test run because it was close to the ingredients in the CP henna gloss bars. Now I know I will love those bars. Just need to order the slippery elm and I will be ready.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Wearing a wig over twists 4-5 days a week is working!!!!!!! My hair and scalp feel great, and time management is facilitated as well.

This morning I did an oil scalp massage with my version of the CurlyProverbz DIY Ayurvedic Hair Growth Oil. Scalp is in bliss and the aroma is :drool:. It's aromatherapy FOR REAL. Between this oil and Jakeala's custom-scented Shiloh (ayurvedic) Hair Balm . . . *insert Monique GIF from Precious where she's shaking her head all teary*

Being in twists made the scalp massage so easy and convenient.

I am getting my hair regimen down, baby! Yeah, mon!

Last edited:

Keen

I'm trying to think this through as well.

I think what I've decided to do is get my henna gloss in in the form of a midweek cowash. CurlyProverbz (Farida) advises to start out doing the glosses every two weeks at first, I believe. Once the hair has adjusted and you've figured out which gloss and ingredients and ingreidnet ratios and so forth are best for your own hair, it is then that she says (if I'm not mistaken) that you might move to weekly glosses.

I don't see me adding a weekly gloss to wash day. That would be a:thud:.

So I had thought: Midweek henna gloss, then, basically like a midweek cowash except containing henna, lavendar, ayuredic ingredients, etc. maybe???

I do want henna to be part of my regular routine. I need these coils loosen. Eventually, I may just do a full henna treatment once a month. I want to slowly build this new regiment..

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
For those who prepoo:

What's your preferred prepoo?

I'm going to trial a DIY fenugreek prepoo by Lavishly Natural. I may or may not substitute CP oil for the coconut oil. Not sure yet.

Her blog post and video got me. :smile:

http://lavishlynatural.com/greeksmoothie/

Preferred pre-poo is CP oil on the scalp and random conditioner on the ends. I use to use coconut milk. I will go back to it once I finish up with these random conditioners I'm trying to get rid of.

Aggie

I think I will try to make my own amla oil from coconut oil as my base oil and amla powder. I'll just let these two infuse on my candle warmer for about 5-7 days. I'll use a whole box of amla powder and maybe 2o ounces of coconut oil. Of course, I will stir the mixture every day or so to get an even infusion. Amla oil is incredibly expensive to buy if you want it free of mineral oil.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

I'm in since I already use a modified version of her regimen
  1. What do you hope to gain from trialing a CurlyProverbz-based regimen? Continued growth and improved retention.
  2. What products or mixes do you intend to use? Teas, infused oil, and henna masks/glosses.
  3. How frequently will you cleanse your hair? 1-2x weekly
  4. How frequently will you apply your various products, mixes, etc? Hair tea daily, followed by a pomade on my ends. Scalp tea daily or every other day. Infused Oil for prepooing and adding to my DC every wash. Henna masks monthly.
  5. How frequently will you trim or search and destroy? 2x per year
  6. Anything else you'd like to share? My hair does better with commercial shampoos, deep conditioners, and moisturizers so I'm not looking to replace those products. I'm just supplementing my regimen with ayurvedics. My scalp doesn't do well with oil, so I'm using an MSM Ayurvedic tea for my scalp and an msm-free version for my hair. I already use an oil blend for prepoos and to mix with DCs therefore using infused oil won't be a big change. I use henna for color, strengthening, and thickening.

Last edited:

Daina

I made a new pre-poo mix that really left my hair soft and feeling very strong. It was a yogurt, conditioner, honey, MSM, fenugreek power, olive oil, CP oil, and tea tree EO. I left it on overnight and this morning my hair was just delicious! Will try this combo a few more times before trying the cassia gloss.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I made a new pre-poo mix that really left my hair soft and feeling very strong. It was a yogurt, conditioner, honey, MSM, fenugreek power, olive oil, CP oil, and tea tree EO. I left it on overnight and this morning my hair was just delicious! Will try this combo a few more times before trying the cassia gloss.

Woo, that sounds delightful. What inspired the recipe?