2018 Edition: Healthy/long-haired Ladies, Can I Live Vicariously Through You?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Seriously? You need to be spanked:spank: :lol:. The way you go on sometimes, I assumed your hair was frail and fragile. This is one of the healthiest heads on the board. Nice and thick. It may not be as long as you want it, but your dream is already coming true. IMO fullness is half the battle:up:.

Ow! My bottom is smarting! LOL.

Yes, you are right. yep:

In my defense, I didn't really know it was healthy. And most of my groaning and moaning has been because of the tangling and super long detangling sessions that I was worried were damaging.

Now that I've seen my hair straightened (so that I can see the health of it), I'm good! :curtain: :lol:

Regarding length: Because I wear my hair curly 99% of the time, that is why I want more length. It currently shrinks up to my ears! (Not even my chin!). I'm hoping if I'm WL straight, then I'll be at least collar bone curly. Booooooooyyyyyy! They won't be able to tell me NOTHING then. I will straight be feeling myself. :lol:

FadingDelilah

Other fantasies of mine:

Having a voluminous ponytail that touches mid-back.

Putting my hair in a massive dutch side braid that reaches MBL before I go out because my hair is such a mess (oh no! what will I do? Oh wait, my hair is long. That means I can improvise a style in five minutes and still look bomb. :gorgeous:)

Doing a roller set + silk wrap on TBL hair that turns out smooth and shiny, and not flat ironing after so that I can have straight hair with so much volume. :drool: All everyone would see is a woman with tons of hair coming their way.

Doing the above ^^^ but straightening on very low heat after (300-350 F) so that my hair can be silky straight with movement. Every sharp turn of my head would send my long, shiny locks flowing around me in slow-mo tsunami waves. *exits thread due to nose bleed* *continues thinking about fantasy despite hardest attempts to stop, but combined with having my dream body and a fly, business-savvy outfit that includes heels and a pencil skirt to die for* *dies*

I need to stop... I really do. But I can't. I need to go into a thread that has nothing to do with hair so that I can calm down. :giggle:

sheanu

Other fantasies of mine:

Having a voluminous ponytail that touches mid-back.

Putting my hair in a massive dutch side braid that reaches MBL before I go out because my hair is such a mess (oh no! what will I do? Oh wait, my hair is long. That means I can improvise a style in five minutes and still look bomb. :gorgeous:)

Doing a roller set + silk wrap on TBL hair that turns out smooth and shiny, and not flat ironing after so that I can have straight hair with so much volume. :drool: All everyone would see is a woman with tons of hair coming their way.

Doing the above ^^^ but straightening on very low heat after (300-350 F) so that my hair can be silky straight with movement. Every sharp turn of my head would send my long, shiny locks flowing around me in slow-mo tsunami waves. *exits thread due to nose bleed* *continues thinking about fantasy despite hardest attempts to stop, but combined with having my dream body and a fly, business-savvy outfit that includes heels and a pencil skirt to die for* *dies*

I need to stop... I really do. But I can't. I need to go into a thread that has nothing to do with hair so that I can calm down. :giggle:
:lachen:

caribeandiva

Human being
You have to resize your photo to less than 1 MB
That didn’t work for me. I kept resizing it smaller and smaller. No bueno :nono:

Aha!! So there IS something wrong! :fistshake: I was trying to post pics in another thread last night and kept getting an error message.
Yeah.. if it keeps doing it you might have to get on a computer to do it. That’s what I ended up doing.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
The happiest hair moments are on wash day. I clamp the ends of my twists while air drying. And I think back to when I first bought those colorful clips. My hair was so short and cute. That was only a year and a half ago, now look How long my twists hang. I am amazed. I think wow is this hair really mine? God is good. He gave me what I asked for in faith.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
If you want long hair fast here are some things that works for me.
Leave your hair alone for a week at a time. Hair just loves sitting still.
Tucking my ends away all the time. Making sure my hair was moist/moisturized.
If you get a few scalp itchies, your hair IS growing because it's chilling.
And I hardly trim it.

If I make WL in April that would mean it took exactly 2 years and 10 months to go from bald to WL. Last relaxed was 6/5/15. I'm 5'1". All by just leaving it alone in twists/braids/hats/buns.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I got breaids yesterday. I'm fantasizing about my hair being this long for real.View attachment 423621View attachment 423623
This style is so nicely done. And it frames your face well.

Your are brave because I would have been so paranoid from listening for a hair to break. As soon the comb touched my hair to part it I would be done and melted in the chair lol.