2018 Edition: Healthy/long-haired Ladies, Can I Live Vicariously Through You?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Until recently, I've been on some medication that exacerbated my hair loss due to PCOS. I cut my hair short as it was so fragile and so much was falling out whenever I manipulated it. Right now my goal is just to have a full hairline some thickness like this young lady. It night not seem like much to some people but reaching that milestone would mean a lot to me right now.View attachment 424423
Your hair looks so nice here. It is pretty and inspiring. Hair does not have to be long in order to be beautiful!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
I did not think anybody remembered that from 9 years ago on a Thanksgiving night!!! It was a blast right lol lol lol. Ah memories I'll never forget. Everybody was waiting on me! The pressure lol lol. Thank you for this it means so much. :rosebud::giveheart::sneakyhug:

@Natural-K Also you are right. My hair was not as healthy then as it is now. I was applying heat and color then! Now I let it grow as it pleases with no abuse.

I remember that too! That thread was huge and went from polite doubt, to shade, to shock. Good times...

Alma Petra

Thank you so much. I thought 4B/4C. My hair is medium density I think. My strands are not fine.

Thank you! WL is huge. I think it's more huge on someone that's taller. Being short gives an advantage as far as inches.

Yes I mean the diameter. I may have to post pics of wet hair.

I'm short but I'd still be over the moon if I make WL. I don't care what the tall ladies will think lol

This hair typing system (1a to 4c) is not concerned with the hair density or strand thickness. It's all about the curl diameter. So to know your hair type you will need to define your curls first. When worn stretched or semi-stretched, hair types from 3c to 4c can look very similar to each other, but when the curls are defined, the differences become apparent. Only then will you see your coils or ringlets and be able to assess their diameter (how tight or loose they are) and classify accordingly.
So yeah, if your coils become defined when you wet your hair then you will need to wet it then examine it. But I have to warn you that curl diameter can vary with the products and techniques you use to style and even with the weather. The difference should not be huge though. Maybe you can move 1 point up or down on the scale. And also since nobody really measures their curls with an accurate tool, the classification remains rather subjective.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I'm short but I'd still be over the moon if I make WL. I don't care what the tall ladies will think lol

This hair typing system (1a to 4c) is not concerned with the hair density or strand thickness. It's all about the curl diameter. So to know your hair type you will need to define your curls first. When worn stretched or semi-stretched, hair types from 3c to 4c can look very similar to each other, but when the curls are defined, the differences become apparent. Only then will you see your coils or ringlets and be able to assess their diameter (how tight or loose they are) and classify accordingly.
So yeah, if your coils become defined when you wet your hair then you will need to wet it then examine it. But I have to warn you that curl diameter can vary with the products and techniques you use to style and even with the weather. The difference should not be huge though. Maybe you can move 1 point up or down on the scale. And also since nobody really measures their curls with an accurate tool, the classification remains rather subjective.

:sneakyhug: DARN THAT'S A GREAT POST!!!

This is so helpful. First time I smiled a real smile today. Ok so I won't really worry about it like that. I'll take a glance at it while wet. You highlighted that typing can depend on so much. But I will say this, I am in the 4s. :redface:

LOL you don't care what the tall ladies say Lol, I love it! *throws hands up* I made it!! Thanks.

FadingDelilah

Where the posts at? I guess I'll contribute some more hair fantasies since that's all I'm good for rn. :laugh:

I want to reach tbl and then start trimming a half inch every month/every two months to maintain my length because I don't want it/need it to grow any longer. My ends would always be so luscious, full and blunt. *drools*
Being able to do box braids and senegalese twists with no added hair.
Bending over to tie my shoe and my hair cascading forward like a sea of onyx.
Wearing a regular degular sweat suit when I go out but still looking extra cute because my hair got me covered. :gorgeous:

And here's one in true valentine's day spirit:
I'm sitting on the bleachers of a stadium, watching a football game and the wind is flowing through my giant mbl braidout all pleasantly while I'm cheering for my team, just enjoying myself. I would be there with bae and several of his male friends and their eyes would all be like :eek: Later that evening, when they notice I'm getting cold, they would all offer up their jackets, and bae would have to literally swat them off of me, getting a little jealous. But he would be secretly proud lol. :rolleyes:

Jade Feria

Other fantasies of mine:

Having a voluminous ponytail that touches mid-back.

Putting my hair in a massive dutch side braid that reaches MBL before I go out because my hair is such a mess (oh no! what will I do? Oh wait, my hair is long. That means I can improvise a style in five minutes and still look bomb. :gorgeous:)

Doing a roller set + silk wrap on TBL hair that turns out smooth and shiny, and not flat ironing after so that I can have straight hair with so much volume. :drool: All everyone would see is a woman with tons of hair coming their way.

Doing the above ^^^ but straightening on very low heat after (300-350 F) so that my hair can be silky straight with movement. Every sharp turn of my head would send my long, shiny locks flowing around me in slow-mo tsunami waves. *exits thread due to nose bleed* *continues thinking about fantasy despite hardest attempts to stop, but combined with having my dream body and a fly, business-savvy outfit that includes heels and a pencil skirt to die for* *dies*

I need to stop... I really do. But I can't. I need to go into a thread that has nothing to do with hair so that I can calm down. :giggle:
Do. Not. Stop!!

sheanu

Your hair looks so nice here. It is pretty and inspiring. Hair does not have to be long in order to be beautiful!

Thanks (and @NicWhite) but (unfortunately) that isn't me in the picture. We have the same cut but my hair is much thinner than hers. I was just saying that her level of thickness would be a goal for me as I've lost a lot of hair in the last few years. y'all are super supportive though! :lachen:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Thanks (and @NicWhite) but (unfortunately) that isn't me in the picture. We have the same cut but my hair is much thinner than hers. I was just saying that her level of thickness would be a goal for me as I've lost a lot of hair in the last few years. y'all are super supportive though! :lachen:

Oh Ok Well still, I hope all of your hair dreams come true!

@ the bolded: Yup, we be like

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Where the posts at? I guess I'll contribute some more hair fantasies since that's all I'm good for rn. :laugh:

I want to reach tbl and then start trimming a half inch every month/every two months to maintain my length because I don't want it/need it to grow any longer. My ends would always be so luscious, full and blunt. *drools*
Being able to do box braids and senegalese twists with no added hair.
Bending over to tie my shoe and my hair cascading forward like a sea of onyx.
Wearing a regular degular sweat suit when I go out but still looking extra cute because my hair got me covered. :gorgeous:

And here's one in true valentine's day spirit:
I'm sitting on the bleachers of a stadium, watching a football game and the wind is flowing through my giant mbl braidout all pleasantly while I'm cheering for my team, just enjoying myself. I would be there with bae and several of his male friends and their eyes would all be like :eek: Later that evening, when they notice I'm getting cold, they would all offer up their jackets, and bae would have to literally swat them off of me, getting a little jealous. But he would be secretly proud lol. :rolleyes:

Nice post!!
I use to be "that girl" a few years ago and Bae would be so proud. Someone told me a few days ago "you use to have a coke bottle shape and that I looked Nicki Minaj-ish". Gaining weight changes you man!!

Yall that hurt to here!!

but anyway...back to hair
upload_2018-2-15_14-53-22.jpeg