2018 Hair Regimen Development: Design, Rationale, Revision, Reflection

faithVA

My scalp seems quite dry so I'm letting the hair dryer go for quite a while. I need to get back on restoring my scalp. My plan is to spritz my scalp with Mane Choice Restorative spray every other day and oil my scalp with the growth oil every 3 days. I will at least do a little massage during that process. Depending on how I am wearing my hair, I may spritz and seal my ends as well. I'm still figuring this out.

I've been washing and putting in bantu knots and drying over night. This is working well for me so far. So on Friday I shampooed with Camille Rose Ginger Rinse, did a protein treatment and then deep conditioned with TGIN deep conditioner. I used The Mane Choice Anti Breakage leave-in and used Carol's Daughter Honey Mimosa on my ends. I put in quite a few bantu knots.

The following day, I took out each bantu knot, spritzed my hair with the Restorative Spray and then sealed with Mane Choice butter and put back up into bantu knots.

Later that day I put my hair into 2 flat twists.

I'm going to try repeating this on next wash day to see if this is a winner.

When it warms up I'm going to try doing water rinses more often for my scalp and just increase my color application to every 2 to 3 weeks versus once a month.

pikkonoloidlee

My hair is natural, low porosity (unbleached) normal/high porosity (bleached), mostly fine strands. Mostly 4a - Tight Coils/High Density in crown, looser coil/low density in the nape area.

Current Regimen
I find the less I do to my hair the better so lots of protective styling and keeping my hands out of it.

Weekly:
- Shampoo once a week and give scalp a good scrub (reduces build up caused by eczema flare-ups.)
- Condition/Deep Condition once a week. (I have conditioners that I like but still no deep conditioners really work well or better than my regular ones. For now I will use my usual conditioner+time+heat)
- Hydrate my hair with Hyaluronic Acid and Leave-In Conditioner (helps my hair continue to feel soft and moisturized through the week also makes it so that if I'm using a product my hair doesn't like there's less breakage as my hair doesn't get overly dry/brittle)
- Seal with either coconut oil or coconut milk serum. Extra focus on ends/nape/edges
- Style with styling gel.

As Needed:
- Color Hair (purple is a bit high maintenance so every 2-3 weeks is best)
- Protein Treatment (for added strength. I notice that when I do a protein treatment after a long time my coils are more defined and I have more shrinkage so those are things I'll look for to decide if it's necessary. No more than twice a month.)

Things I Want From My Regimen
- Doesn't irritate scalp
- Reduces breakage
- Keeps hair from feeling dry

Things I Want To Add To My Regimen
- Pre-Poo (Will probably use coconut oil at first. Mainly on length of hair/ends. It seems to make my scalp itch when I had too much of it on my scalp for long periods of time.)
- Deep Conditioner
- I've also been thinking of using something thicker to seal my ends...

Last edited:

Evolving78

I don’t plan to grow my hair out for awhile, so my goal is to maintain my cut and get my hair as healthy as possible.
I plan to use a co cleanser 1-2 a week and use shampoo weekly, or biweekly.
I will line my hair weekly and get a haircut every other week. I plan to maintain the cut myself.

Still working on products. I have a lot of cream based moisturizers, oils, and serums. If I ever decide to color my hair again, i’ll use a serum . Serums are safe for color (won’t strip)

If I want a design or something different I will go to the barber.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Regimen Update: Tentative New, Best Wash and Go Products and Method

This was a super simple and relatively QUICK wash and style day with very few products (4), tangles, or shed hair!!!

Pre-detangle (at sink): SM hipo masque and Magic Star Jumbo Rake
Detangle (at sink): Re-wet SM hipo masque and KareCo Tangle Buster Brush
Shampoo (in shower): Malibu C Hard Water Shampoo
DC/RO/LI (in shower): DevaCurl Decadence One Condition (defined my curls . . . major, major one-step timesaver)
Gel: Bronner Brothers Firm Hold Curling Gel
Styling: Air dried wash and go, tension blow dried at roots once fully dry (for some elongation)

I used the gel on soaking wet hair that had a little DevaCurl Decadence One Condition left in.

Usually for wng's my hair shrinks up to the top of my ears and is fro-y. This Bronner Brothers gel delivered. It indeed reduced bulk, as advertised! The hold is SUPER strong. My hair is completely dry below. (I was too heavy handed and am excited to try it again, using less per section.)

BronnerBrothersWnG1.png

BronnerBrothersWnG2.png

I never get this elongation and reduction of bulk unless I do all sorts of pulling and tugging and banding and so forth while diffusing! Besides using the gel, I followed the wng tips in the video below (except I air dried because I don't have a hard bonnet dryer yet).

I was in the process of banding my hair when I noticed a section of hair in my undercarriage just completely vertical when dry!!! My hair NEVER falls/lays like this when dry.

WIN_20180213_21_23_25_Pro.jpg

pikkonoloidlee

Today it was time for my mid-week wash. I didn't shampoo today because I'm still trying to get my hair a bit more moisturized after last Saturday. I may squeeze in one more protein treatment before next Friday still undecided.

Products Used:
Alba Botanica Hawaiian Conditioner
Hada Labo Lotion (trying this out as my humectant - so far so good)
KCKT
Fractionated Coconut Oil
KCCC

Thoughts:
- I think if I was able to have full sl/cbl when my hair isn't straight I'd be really pleased.
- 3 weeks is probably the max I can do without coloring my hair. I have blonde showing through already at my temples. (Also the purple fades a bit more red than I'd like)
- Other than that my hair felt nice and strong and detangling was a breeze.
(The pictures are just of freshly washed hair)

Attachments

• IMG_20180214_210822187-01-01.jpeg
    IMG_20180214_210822187-01-01.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20180214_211124325-01-02.jpeg
    IMG_20180214_211124325-01-02.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 61
Happy Friday All. :happydance:

I think I am back at square one with my regimen. The bi-weekly fenugreek masks are proven holy grails but only during certain times of my stretch and only with the right recipe. Prep time is also a factor. It will take some trial and error to perfect it but until then, I think I want to simplify things a bit. I will continue to use my HGs and staples but experiment with different techniques to find my perfect regimen. I will try to still incorporate a herbal/Ayurvedic mask monthly since they are so beneficial for my hair.

pikkonoloidlee

This week was all about accepting that things don't always go to plan. I usually try to avoid having to wash more than once a week (mostly laziness tbh) but because of how dry my hair felt this week it took an additional two washes to get it back to normal. Finally today I'm getting back into the groove of things. Today I went through my routine that I mentioned in my first post with the addition of coloring my hair today. (I use manic panic purple haze currently). My hair felt nice afterwards and strong. Unfortunately I somehow didn't get enough color to the middle of my head but I'm not going to go through that all over again now. Another detour to my regimen was that I was doing it today instead of Saturday.

The reason for that is that yesterday my mom asked me to take out my sister's braids and wash her hair. The braids had been in for a little over two months. I decided to try what I usually do for my hair on hers even though our hair is very different. My sister has a lot of hair, very dense with coarse strands. She also has eczema so that can lead up to a lot of build up on her scalp. She's around a 3c i think and her hair is natural but usually worn straight so some of her ends are straight. I was able to get her hair and scalp very clean and her hair came out very nice. I've attached some pictures:
1. The beginning
2-3. Detangling
4. Final Wash
5. Final Product

The entire process took about 3 hours. Hope you don't mind me adding this part to my post since it's not strictly my hair.

ETA: notes and pic
Notes:
This week although I did follow through with my routine as usual the one thing I did differently was that I didn't comb my hair while I was washing it. I mention this because looking back at the picture I took my hair was more defined than usual. I know that this is the case but somehow it still surprises me. This could also be because my hair is starting to become more moisturized again after the protein treatment. The downside of this is that as I was putting my hair up I came across quite a few tangles which I never do usually. This may be something to keep in mind if I ever try to do a wash and go again.

The picture is also of freshly washed hair, no product

Attachments

• received_10211663218831524-01.jpeg
    received_10211663218831524-01.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 52
  • received_10211663219511541-01.jpeg
    received_10211663219511541-01.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 48
  • received_10211663219471540-01.jpeg
    received_10211663219471540-01.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 48
  • received_10211663219591543-01.jpeg
    received_10211663219591543-01.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20180218_095514902-01.jpeg
    IMG_20180218_095514902-01.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20180220_221837467.jpg
    IMG_20180220_221837467.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
This wash day was my first attempt at starting over and keeping it simple. I had a few issues to address (scalp and strand build-up, shedding and a bit of breakage on the ends) from missing last week’s wash day so i decided on the following:
  • Dampen hair and scalp with rose water to section
  • Prepoo with SM Antibreakage mask and lots of grapeseed oil (stops any breakage I have in its tracks every time)
  • Lather 2x with Design Essentials Honey poo (sulfate)
  • Green tea rinse
  • DC with Camille Rose Coconut Water Treatment (HG for moisture) and grapeseed oil
My hair has been completely reset. It is shiny, super soft and strong with no breakage in sight. Shedding has decreased significantly as well. It still looks and feels great four days later with no additional product. I’m off to a good start.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Woo, congrats!

Does the SM Anti-breakage masque have super slip without the added grapeseed oil?

Can you detangle with it?

TIA!

This wash day was my first attempt at starting over and keeping it simple. I had a few issues to address (scalp and strand build-up, shedding and a bit of breakage on the ends) from missing last week’s wash day so i decided on the following:
  • Dampen hair and scalp with rose water to section
  • Prepoo with SM Antibreakage mask and lots of grapeseed oil (stops any breakage I have in its tracks every time)
  • Lather 2x with Design Essentials Honey poo (sulfate)
  • Green tea rinse
  • DC with Camille Rose Coconut Water Treatment (HG for moisture) and grapeseed oil
My hair has been completely reset. It is shiny, super soft and strong with no breakage in sight. Shedding has decreased significantly as well. It still looks and feels great four days later with no additional product. I’m off to a good start.

Woo, congrats!

Does the SM Anti-breakage masque have super slip without the added grapeseed oil?

Can you detangle with it?

TIA!
Thank you! I hope that I can replicate these results!

Super slip? - not even close. This has always worked as a moderate protein treatment on my hair so I have not experienced slip or moisture from it. The grape seed oil made it great by increasing the slip and anti breakage power. It also rinsed really silkily and smoothly. It was a fantastic strength treatment but it has never worked as a detangler or deep conditioner for me.

faithVA

Working on my color regiment. It is getting better. I did a mudwash and detangled. It worked better than shampooing first because the mud is more moisturizing and my ends don't dry out.

I used the surya brasil color and left it on for 50 minutes. I rinsed and let it air dry a bit. Then I soaked it with diluted leave in. I think this step makes a big difference. I let my hair air dry for 30 minutes.

I'm still not sure what to use after the leave in. I tried a moisturizer and then a butter but I don' think that's a good combination.

I will see how it feels tomorrow.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I'm super excited to say I've fine tuned my regimen and products and now my reggie is complete!!! My wash day was amazing and my hair feels better than it ever has. It literally feels like my straightened hair. It's so silky soft!!!! I plan to follow this routine until I reach bsl. From there I will wear my hair out at times instead of constant protective styling.

I wash once a wk and do not moisturize or take out of twists throughout the wk.

Perfected regimen is as follows:
On wash day:

Detangle:
Take down twists one row at a time
apply trader joes nourish spa to section to make tangles melt away
Finger detangle to remove majority of tangles then comb gently to remove any remaining shed hairs and tangles
Once done with that section twist to keep from retangling.
When done with whole head apply plastic cap to pre poo

Shampoo:
Remove all twists and rinse hair thorougly to remove pre poo
Shampoo 2x with sulfate shampoo to remove all products and build up
Nexxus shampoo if protein is needed, loreal mega moisture shampoo if moisture
I thoroughly massage scalp and run shampoo down length to ensure it's fully clean and ready for dc

DC:
Apply either myhoneychild honey hair mask, or honey hair mask mixed with protein filler in sections and comb through to make sure I have every strand covered with product.
Apply plastic cap and finish shower.
After I get out apply hot head for 10-15 min to ensure it penetrates the hair shaft.
Rinse with lukewarm water

Styling:
Apply giovanni direct leave in, jbco, and shea butter.
While still damp section off into the sections I want to use for twists to lessen damage hair may get by trying to part on dry hair.
Split section in half and gently comb through and braid to keep hair stretched and detangled
When ready place in twists and leave til next wash day.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm super excited to say I've fine tuned my regimen and products and now my reggie is complete!!! My wash day was amazing and my hair feels better than it ever has. It literally feels like my straightened hair. It's so silky soft!!!! I plan to follow this routine until I reach bsl. From there I will wear my hair out at times instead of constant protective styling.

I wash once a wk and do not moisturize or take out of twists throughout the wk.

Perfected regimen is as follows:
On wash day:

Detangle:
Take down twists one row at a time
apply trader joes nourish spa to section to make tangles melt away
Finger detangle to remove majority of tangles then comb gently to remove any remaining shed hairs and tangles
Once done with that section twist to keep from retangling.
When done with whole head apply plastic cap to pre poo

Shampoo:
Remove all twists and rinse hair thorougly to remove pre poo
Shampoo 2x with sulfate shampoo to remove all products and build up
Nexxus shampoo if protein is needed, loreal mega moisture shampoo if moisture
I thoroughly massage scalp and run shampoo down length to ensure it's fully clean and ready for dc

DC:
Apply either myhoneychild honey hair mask, or honey hair mask mixed with protein filler in sections and comb through to make sure I have every strand covered with product.
Apply plastic cap and finish shower.
After I get out apply hot head for 10-15 min to ensure it penetrates the hair shaft.
Rinse with lukewarm water

Styling:
Apply giovanni direct leave in, jbco, and shea butter.
While still damp section off into the sections I want to use for twists to lessen damage hair may get by trying to part on dry hair.
Split section in half and gently comb through and braid to keep hair stretched and detangled
When ready place in twists and leave til next wash day.

Wowwwwww! :clapping:

Congratulations, lady! So elated and excited for you!

pikkonoloidlee

In trying to give my edges a break from pulling my hair back all the time so I decided to put my hair into 3-strand twists.

The night before I coated my hair with oil and detangled.
The next morning I washed with kinky curly come clean. I also massaged my scalp while I was in the shower to make sure there wouldn't be any excess oil/build up left on my scalp

I used manic panic purple haze to color my hair. After 20 min I added jakeala's dope deep conditioner on top and left it in for another 20 min.

After I washed it out I put my hair into 3 large sections. On each section I used KCKT, Hada Labo lotion, Hada Labo milky lotion. I then split into smaller sections for twisting and used jakeala's shea parfait and KCCC. As I moved on to the other two large sections I sprayed with water before moving on to the KCKT etc.

I prefer twists done on dry hair and then washed, but as I knew I wanted to color my hair I decided to do the twists afterwards. Because of that the twists are not as full and I had more shrinkage than I would have liked. Hopefully they'll start fluffing up after the first wash.

Last edited:
Had another great wash day this weekend following the Prepoo/wash/dc regimen. My hair was quite tangled, dehydrated and weighed down by Friday so I prepoo’ed with a few protein rich products that I was trying to get rid of (SM Sachi Inchi mask and NW21 creme) and grapeseed oil. The NW21 creme was super slippy and the SM mask provided pretty good moisture. All of my tangles melted upon rinsing. I shampoo’ed with one of my fav sulfates (Design Essentials Honey Creme poo) and DC’ed with Crece Pelo (also trying to use this up). My air dried hair was super soft and manageable, detangling was a breeze and my flexi rod set came out super shiny and moisturized. Really excited that wash day is getting easier AND I am finally using up product!

Evolving78

I used some grease and it doesn’t seem to irritate my scalp. All of those oils I got are starting to mess with me. All of my high priced moisturizers are going to my boys. The Silk Elements leave-in cream doesn’t seem to bother me.
I can’t seem to use that grease, or the SE leave-in cream either. I don’t know where I fit in anymore. No more product junkie stuff going on. I guess I will wash my hair once a week, now that I have color. I moisturize, seal, and brush once a day, and keep my scarf on if I’m in the house. I will get a haircut once a week. My hair seems to grow back very fast. I will bleach once a month, or every other month. I haven’t done a protein treatment yet. I have been focused on moisture. I have to see what is safe to use. That’s pretty much it. I need to keep my hair routine very simple, and it keeps me focused on other stuff like school. I’m not worried about my hair anymore.

Happy Monday All. This is the design, revision and reflect thread so I don’t feel too bad for reporting fails after clearly identifying what consistently works for my hair and scalp :drunk:. My hair was a bit dry but still in good shape from last week’s wash so I wanted to experiment a bit. I have had the Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian line for a long time and, based on the reviews, thought it would help with a strengthening, moisturizing, easy wash day experience. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

I prepoo’ed with Evco and APB Ayurvedic oil overnight. Washed in sections with the AE shampoo and DC’ed for 30 min with heat with the AE deep conditioner and AE oil. The poo tangled my hair and the DC acted as a pure protein on my strands. I love protein and can use it weekly with out issue but, after rinsing the AE DC, my strands were rough and tangled. Detangling was difficult and two days later, my hair feels reinforced but dry and somewhat hard. I am sure that the prepoo and heat contributed to the shenanigans but I expected so much more from these products. I will try to infuse moisture daily until I can reset my hair during my next wash day.

I hope everyone is doing well!

faithVA

Happy Monday All. This is the design, revision and reflect thread so I don’t feel too bad for reporting fails after clearly identifying what consistently works for my hair and scalp :drunk:. My hair was a bit dry but still in good shape from last week’s wash so I wanted to experiment a bit. I have had the Mane Choice Ancient Egyptian line for a long time and, based on the reviews, thought it would help with a strengthening, moisturizing, easy wash day experience. I couldn’t have been more wrong.

I prepoo’ed with Evco and APB Ayurvedic oil overnight. Washed in sections with the AE shampoo and DC’ed for 30 min with heat with the AE deep conditioner and AE oil. The poo tangled my hair and the DC acted as a pure protein on my strands. I love protein and can use it weekly with out issue but, after rinsing the AE DC, my strands were rough and tangled. Detangling was difficult and two days later, my hair feels reinforced but dry and somewhat hard. I am sure that the prepoo and heat contributed to the shenanigans but I expected so much more from these products. I will try to infuse moisture daily until I can reset my hair during my next wash day.

I hope everyone is doing well!
I use the shampoo with a moisturizing DC and the DC with a moisturizing shampoo. The rest of the line works fine together. I use the shampoo sparingly though. You definitely need to up the moisture after using it.

I use the shampoo with a moisturizing DC and the DC with a moisturizing shampoo. The rest of the line works fine together. I use the shampoo sparingly though. You definitely need to up the moisture after using it.

Thanks so much! That's makes perfect sense based on my results. I thought that this would be much milder on my hair based on my past experiences with strengthening treatments. I will try the line again and adjust the way that I use each product.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Update

I used my 22nd Century Shampoo Bar yesterday.

OH MY! :thud:

I need to add to my consistency goal the following: Use the 22nd Century Shampoo Bar for 3 out of every 4 (or 5 out of every 6) weeks. On the other week, use a chelating shampoo (such as HairPrint Chelating Shampoo).

P.S. I just ordered 2 more of the 22nd Century shampoo bars. I don't know HOW I keep forgetting that that bar is INCREDIBLE on my hair. I was able to finger detangle with it, it kept my hair stretched and elongated so that it didn't retangle, and after rinse out it left my hair clean, conditioned, hydrated, strong, and with extra hang.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Current Reflections
  1. Someone mentioned dubaidee4c (sp?) and her max hydration method tweaks. I am impressed with her results on so many different heads! I really want to try her tweaks. It seems so less . . . involved . . . than the original MHM. And those results, man!!!
  2. I'm still figuring out the product thing, but I'm getting closer. I know that if I could use no other . . .
    1. prepoo, it would be Shea Moisture High Porosity Moisture Correct Masque
    2. chelating shampoo, it would be HairPrint Chelating Shampooo
    3. moisturizing, detangling shampoo it would be 22nd Century Shampoo Bar
    4. gel, it would be Bronner Brothers Firm Hold Curling Gel
    5. (personal) coil definer, it would be DevaCurl Decadence One Condition
    6. protein treatment, it would be Komaza Care Protein Hair Strengthener
    7. butter/sealant/ends care, it would be Jakeala Shea Amla Parfait
    8. strengthening spray, it would be CurlyProverbz DIY ayurvedic hair tea
    9. oil, it would CurlyProverbz DIY fenugreek hair growth oil
  3. I'm still trying to find an
    1. HG deep conditioner,
    2. HG clay wash recipe,
    3. HG leave-in (so far Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion is winning due to the astonishing slip, but not due to the moisture),
    4. HG twisting product, and an
    5. HG blow dry/heat protectant in-one product
  4. I want to trial various ways of stretching my hair for a flat twist out on stretched hair (a la Mary Hampton's styling-for-hair-growth video), such as a flexirod, bantu knot out, curlformer set, etc.
  5. Products on my list of potential first-time purchases/trials include:
    1. Cherry Lola Caramel Treatment (a YTer's recipe)
    2. dubaidee4c's rhassoul clay wash recipes
    3. DevaCurl Wash Day Wonder (detangler/prepoo)
    4. Anita Grant Rhassoul Marshmallow (Root) Deep Conditioner
    5. The Mane Choice Tropical line's braid/twist out cream
    6. Curl Origin overnight masque
    7. Curl Origin twisting cream
    8. Kindred Butters masks

Last edited:

CurlyWhoCrux

I think I will start posting in here.
I am still trying to figure out what works for my hair, and also find some consistency in my routine.

My hair characteristics are: coarse strands, high density, low porosity. Length is somewhere around waist length I think. Dry, frizzy, relatively easy to detangle. I wear my hair in a bun almost everyday.
I would like to have hair so moisturized that washing my hair does not take an hr. I want to be able to wear curly ponytails and puffs and buns. I want my hair, even on a bad day, to be better than my current hair on its best day.

Here is what I do now:

Shampoo with either Aussome Volume (Aussie brand, the green volume line) or SM Argan Oil and Coconut Milk (don’t know if that’s the actual name but it’s the goldish brown line). Both of these work well in my hair. The Aussome volume leaves my hair smooth and the SM leaves my hair soft. Both clean my hair well. I shampoo at least once a week but usually twice.

After I shampoo I like to use a rinse out to detangle. Currently I use either the VO5 extra body conditioner or a baby detangling conditioner from Johnson and Johnson. They both work really well for my hair. I like to leave this in while I shower and then rinse it out.

I detangle with my Wet brush most of the time. Usually I’ll do some finger detangling prior to using my brush but I can’t get my hair fully detangled at this stage without the brush. I would like for my hair to become hydrated and smooth enough to the point where the brush is not needed. For now, it stays.

These next steps are currently where I’m in the process of figuring things out. I sometimes will add conditioner back in my hair after I’ve rinsed after detangling. Sometimes I don’t. I’m trying to get in the habit of just not adding more conditioner in the shower so it will encourage me to deep condition out of the shower.

I deep condition with whatever conditioner I have on hand. Lately I’ve been making sure they are DCs proper. I dilute them with water so they are creamy and mix them together also. Both of these help to stretch the product for longer use. I also try to use heat when I DC. Otherwise I DC overnight or just leave the DC in all day.

As of right now I have no idea what to do after I have DC’ed.
I am going to try using a Leave in from CRN, and then a moisturizer from As I Am and then top that with the Double Butter Cream from AIA.

Throughout all of my steps I work in sections. This will stay.

Some days I like to rinse my hair and detangle in the shower without washing it. If I do this, I need to commit to moisturizing and sealing afterwards (this is not something I am good at doing).

My hair likes to be wet and detangled often.

My hair is finally headed in the right direction and I think the moisturizing and sealing step is the key to my hair being great.

Ok I think that’s it lol.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
In the attempt to adress the issue of my HG gel drying out my hair, I did Dubaidee4c's much shorter max hydration method. And I plopped (for the first time) overnight, using my microfiber towel following Mahogany Curl's method.

ALL OF THIS NEW STUFF WAS AWESOME! So many epiphanies. I can actually wash and go at night or in the evening now! That is life changing!!! :lachen:

I may indeed have solved the one problem I've had with my HG gel: Dry-feeling hair. I love DubaiDee4c's no-leave-in-high-moisture-anyway wash and go regimen. Leave in was interfering with my gel, but gel on naked hair was very drying for me. Using an AVJ spritz seems to be the solution! :eek: :toocool:

If I can repeat this 3 more times, I might become a believer!

The good thing: Dubaidee4c's method is TRULY low manipulation. :yep: :up:

I accidentally elongated just one curl when I plopped (see photo). :lol: :lachen: However, when I tension blow dry later to elongate my wng, it should be blend-in-able. Hopefully!

Note to self: I have documented all that I did yesterday hair-wise in the 2018 Low Manipulation Challenge thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20180328_070032-1224x1632.jpg
    IMG_20180328_070032-1224x1632.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 26

CurlyWhoCrux

In the attempt to adress the issue of my HG gel drying out my hair, I did Dubaidee4c's much shorter max hydration method. And I plopped (for the first time) overnight, using my microfiber towel following Mahogany Curl's method.

ALL OF THIS NEW STUFF WAS AWESOME! So many epiphanies. I can actually wash and go at night or in the evening now! That is life changing!!! :lachen:

I may indeed have solved the one problem I've had with my HG gel: Dry-feeling hair. I love DubaiDee4c's no-leave-in-high-moisture-anyway wash and go regimen. Leave in was interfering with my gel, but gel on naked hair was very drying for me. Using an AVJ spritz seems to be the solution! :eek: :toocool:

If I can repeat this 3 more times, I might become a believer!

The good thing: Dubaidee4c's method is TRULY low manipulation. :yep: :up:

I accidentally elongated just one curl when I plopped (see photo). :lol: :lachen: However, when I tension blow dry later to elongate my wng, it should be blend-in-able. Hopefully!

Note to self: I have documented all that I did yesterday hair-wise in the 2018 Low Manipulation Challenge thread.
Your curls look soooo juicy. I love.