2018 Steaming Our Way To Healthy Hair

Dee-Licious

What’s y’all cleaning routine for your steamers? How often? What do you use? If I buy another steamer it will be my 4th :look:.
I had no routine at all. I just made sure it was drained after use. I used regular two water.

I was told this weekend to not expect my new one to last like my one from 10 years ago because they are now all after-market made(?).

Black Ambrosia

Has anyone steamed their hair while wearing crochet braids? I don’t think it’s too much heat for a regular steamer but I wonder if a handheld steamer would put too much heat directly on synthetic hair causing it to melt some.

Black Ambrosia

Does anyone know what became of the huetiful tabletop steamer? There were threads on it years ago. They have a few salons throughout the country but I noticed there’s no mention of the steamer on their website just haircare products and an option to book an appointment at the salon.

lushlady

I've purchased different brands. I always purchased a "Professional" upright steamer hoping they would last longer. I always use Distilled water. I haven't run Vinegar through it though I did that with my 1st steamer years ago. It did last the longest (I think about 2 1/2 years).

Dang...I treat my steamer terribly compared to you.

I'd be putting on my "let me speak to/email your manager " hat and try to at least get a discount on a new one. It makes such a difference in my hair that I'd probably buy one every few years too. Still cheaper than 15-20 dollar a pop salon prices.

Alta Angel

Yeah...evidently my steamer has been abused. No distilled water, no vinegar...

Dang...I treat my steamer terribly compared to you.

I'd be putting on my "let me speak to/email your manager " hat and try to at least get a discount on a new one. It makes such a difference in my hair that I'd probably buy one every few years too. Still cheaper than 15-20 dollar a pop salon prices.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
How do you like this conditioner? I tried a different Deep Conditioner from them and I wasn't impressed. Love their leave-in though.
@Nichelle_jb
Gurl....That's a gooooood question!:giggle:

When I 1st used it, I used it overnight as a Pre-Poo. (on Dry Hair).

This is my 1st time using it/trying it as a Deep Conditioner. So, I'm still trying to figure out the "best" way to use it.:look:

It has directions for using it with a "Steamer" so I thought I'd try it this way.

I got a back/up, so I musta' thought I liked it?:laugh:

You musta' tried either the Cocoaloe or the Shealoe Conditioner(s)?

I recently reuped on those.

I've never tried the L-I.

I have tried the Oil, the ACV Growth Rinse and the Butters.

Nichelle_jb

@Nichelle_jb
Gurl....That's a gooooood question!:giggle:

When I 1st used it, I used it overnight as a Pre-Poo. (on Dry Hair).

This is my 1st time using it/trying it as a Deep Conditioner. So, I'm still trying to figure out the "best" way to use it.:look:

It has directions for using it with a "Steamer" so I thought I'd try it this way.

I got a back/up, so I musta' thought I liked it?:laugh:

You musta' tried either the Cocoaloe or the Shealoe Conditioner(s)?

I recently reuped on those.

I've never tried the L-I.

I have tried the Oil, the ACV Growth Rinse and the Butters.
I tried the Shealoe Conditioner one. I still have some left...maybe I should try it as a pre-poo. I checked Koils by Nature's website and the price I saw was $15.99. I think I'll wait. Maybe I'll try it if they offer a good Black Friday sale.