2018 Wig Thread

IslandMummy

@IslandMummy thanks for sharing this recommendation. I got this and I love love love it. It gets tangled at the nape tho so I’m trying to figure out to work with it but the hair texture looks believable. Anymore similar recommendations would be great :)
I love it!!! I did end up cutting mine to shoulder length because of the tangling and haven’t had as a big a tangling issue since.

mezzogirl

Is it possible to re-use the hair from one wig to make another? I bought some gorgeous human kinky hair and had a beautician make a wig. The wig was too tight. I could barely get it over my head and it pulled at my hairline. Is there a way to re-make it with the same hair, different wig cap?

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
I bought this and cut the lace myself for the first time. I did an okay job, but it was too hot for me in my apartment to fiddle around with it. I got it from a beauty supply store on North Ave and Cicero near Forman Mills. I love that BSS cause they let you try on as many wigs as you want to, unlike the Bss’s on the South Side that I’ve been to.:look:
I had this wig before, in that exact same color.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Is it possible to re-use the hair from one wig to make another? I bought some gorgeous human kinky hair and had a beautician make a wig. The wig was too tight. I could barely get it over my head and it pulled at my hairline. Is there a way to re-make it with the same hair, different wig cap?
A quick google search led me to a thread on the other site that says yes. Can't post it here but it was the first thing I found after I searched "reusing hair from a wig" so you should be able to find it.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I took a break from my wig. It's been about three weeks. Will probably go back to them when I order a couple more maybe next month,

ClassyJSP

I don't like this half wig i'm wearing today, it could be how I styled it but at the moment this is my least favorite wig.

I hate when I don't order my wigs properly and then I end up not having any to wear. Plus the two I ordered last week look like their going to take a while to get to me so i'll need to adjust for that as well.

Today just isn't a good hair day for me.

bellatiamarie

Has anyone tried braided wigs??? Some of them look horrible!!! But I’ve seen a few on YT that look pretty believable. I’ve sat for braids too many times in my life and I promise I.will.NEVER.EVER.EVER. do it again. I’ve even had micro braids twice :cantlook: But I like braids :lol:. So, I’m thinking of ordering this one.

Pygmy_puff

Taking a break from wigs for now. I need to give my scalp a little breather. Right now I’m wearing my stretched hair in a roll-tuck-pin style. I’m already getting tired of re-braiding my hair every night to keep it stretched. I’ll probably be back in my wig in a week :-/

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I'm in my wig today. My hair is protected but I've been sick and can't wash it.

Wig March 3rd 2018.JPG

I think I've had this wig for 1 year maybe. I bought two (2) new ones [same model and color] in anticipation of the original wearing out. But, this one still looks good to me. I would attribute that to using fabric softener on the hair to preserve the beauty of the wig.

I took about 56 photos to get one I liked. I always feel so glamorous and sexy in this wig. I'm very happy with this wig.

Last edited:

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress

View attachment 425873

I think I've had this wig for 1 year maybe. I bought two (2) new ones [same model and color] in anticipation of the original wearing out. But, this one still looks good to me. I would attribute that to using fabric softener on the hair to preserve the beauty of the wig.

I took about 56 photos to get one I liked. I always feel so glamorous and sexy in this wig. I'm very happy with this wig.
:heart: You look amazing!

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Has anyone tried braided wigs??? Some of them look horrible!!! But I’ve seen a few on YT that look pretty believable. I’ve sat for braids too many times in my life and I promise I.will.NEVER.EVER.EVER. do it again. I’ve even had micro braids twice :cantlook: But I like braids :lol:. So, I’m thinking of ordering this one.

That actually looks way better than what I thought a braided wig would be like. Who is it by?

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.

View attachment 425873

Well don’t you look like an entrée:yep::wacky::lick: