2018 Wig Thread

Pygmy_puff

Hope I’m not stirring nothing up...

But how long do you wear your wigs? My wig mentor melts her lace and wears it for 4 or 5 days. My HUMBLE opinion is that that is not healthy for most people. Especially not for one’s edges. I toss that sucker off as soon as I get home. I did the got to be glued a couple of times but I didn’t like how crunchy my edges got. Now I just use my wig grip and the lace stays securely. I get home, toss it off, oil/spray/massage my edges. Put my wig grip back on and tie my rag being careful not to put too much tension on it. With the wig grip, you don’t need to tie your rag too tight and you sleep peacefully with your rag staying in place most nights.

By the end of the day I can hardly wait to get in the door before I snatch my wig off! I don’t understand how some people wear them for days on end...that would be absolute torture for me!

As to whether it’s a healthy or unhealthy practice, I think it depends on the person and how his or her hair and scalp react. However, one thing I know for sure is that your wigs will last a LOT longer if you take them off every night!

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
:lol: not poodle hair. Lordt. Can you cut it to frame your face??
I will end up doing that. I just hate that almost every time I get a "natural" look wig they look the same out the box regardless of what the photo looks like. The silver lining is that at least since it's human hair it can be worked with.

IslandMummy

Hope I’m not stirring nothing up...

But how long do you wear your wigs? My wig mentor melts her lace and wears it for 4 or 5 days. My HUMBLE opinion is that that is not healthy for most people. Especially not for one’s edges. I toss that sucker off as soon as I get home. I did the got to be glued a couple of times but I didn’t like how crunchy my edges got. Now I just use my wig grip and the lace stays securely. I get home, toss it off, oil/spray/massage my edges. Put my wig grip back on and tie my rag being careful not to put too much tension on it. With the wig grip, you don’t need to tie your rag too tight and you sleep peacefully with your rag staying in place most nights.
Maaaaaaan that wig doesn’t last through me walking through my front door.

MzSwift

I want to try a pixie cut wig again. I had Freetress Charlie in the past and she was cute, but I want one with a part in it.

Those are my favorite style of wigs!
These are my trusty favorites (they're synthetic and don't have a part though):

Sensationnel HZ-A015 (it has a super small cap)

Motown Tress- Bori

Found my own pictures in the Google search, LOL!! :lachen:

Bori-

HZ- A015

I don't do long or really dense wigs because I want to feel good about the progress of my hair when I finally wear it out again and not underwhelmed. Lol. The pixie wigs help make it a more drastic reveal.

Pygmy_puff

Motown Tress- Bori

Bori-

HZ- A015

I don't do long or really dense wigs because I want to feel good about the progress of my hair when I finally wear it out again and not underwhelmed. Lol. The pixie wigs help make it a more drastic reveal.

They are both really really cute! I’m especially digging Bori. Even without a part they look so natural.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress

Motown Tress- Bori

Bori-

HZ- A015

Thanks! I really like Bori.

MzLady78

So I kind of want to try a curly wig now that I know how to make the parts more realistic, but they’re all so friggin’ long and volumnous. A lot of hair doesn’t do anything for me.

ETA: found one that might work. Will post pics when it arrives.

Here it is. This is Freetress Equal Flower Blossom. More hair than I'm used to, but I like it. And I didn't have to do much to the part.

IMG_20180331_150447_378.jpg