2018 Wig Thread

Theresamonet

I just recieved my first synthetic wig, Freetress Jannie, that I ordered through Amazon. I watched about 30 reviews on this wig and no one mentioned how shiny it is. :ohwell: I gave it a vinegar bath last night, and that seemed to help, but it still kinda looks like doll hair to me. I'll see how I feel once I actually put it on.

mzpurp

I'm late but I'm here!

If you are interested in joining, please respond to the following:

1. Like this post.

Done

2. How long do you plan on wigging it?

January to March. This is my first time consistently wearing a wig so if all goes well then I'll put my hair away again for the Fall - Winter season.

3. How will you take care of your hair while using the wig/phony pony?

Hair will be in twists under wig. Wash weekly. Moisturize w/ spray bottle & oils. Keep edges safe with wig grip.

4. Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed, Transitioning:

Natural

5. Current Hair Length:

APL

6. 2018 Hair Length Goal:

BSL and beyond....

7. Starting Photo:

posted below....

1st pic - Starting photo: hair had been blown out then twisted. I will be doing a trim very soon.

2nd pic - Me, today, wearing Freetress Hania in color OM2/30/33

ETA: I'm unable to add the pics for some reason, keep getting an error message, smh! FINALLY got my pics to load!

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
1. Like this post. Done

2. How long do you plan on wigging it? All 2018 with the exception of a couple of weeks here and there

3. How will you take care of your hair while using the wig? 4 flat twists on stretched hair. M&S daily

4. Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed, Transitioning: Natural

5. Current Hair Length: Just did a major cut back to Full NL, CBL

6. 2018 Hair Length Goal: APL

7. Starting Photo jan 2018 hair.jpg

mzpurp

I still can't upload my pics :mad:
If I get an error message every time I try to upload my pics, does that mean they're too big?

ClassyJSP

Ordered two more wigs last night so I should be set until Feb/Mar. I ordered Outre Donna (thanks for posting the video in here its gorgeous) and Harlem 125 LSD09. I think for the Harlem wig i'm going to have to lightly flat iron it and spray it with some spritz

I need to snap a picture because this wig is serving all kinds of olive pope/corporate style. I think i'm about to skip off and order some more colors to wear for a while.

Supervixen

Anyone in Chicago doing this wig Challenge? I've been to 4 BSS and can't find Sensationnel Inna nor Bobbi Boss Copper. I want to try it on first bc I don't have good luck with wigs.

ETA: I gave up and bought a Vivica Fox wig, Coria in 1B30.

Last edited:

jwilso22

1. Like this post.
Done

2. How long do you plan on wigging it?
On and off all year long

3. How will you take care of your hair while using the wig/phony pony?
Wash and DC weekly. Use homemade Shea mixture daily/weekly and wear half wig I made.

4. Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed, Transitioning:
Natural

5. Current Hair Length:
Weird to describe, last year I did a cut because of damage from a bad salon experience. The front is much shorter but I’m guessing I’m about APL.

6. 2018 Hair Length Goal:
Full bsl, eventually back to my mbl.

7. Starting Photo
These are the only crappy pics I could find.
CBF1C126-0768-4E7B-836E-1D2A1AB762CC.jpeg 2C11663A-402A-4CBA-AED4-5B15BED1E39D.jpeg

Last edited:

scarcity21

Thank you!....
I get my braids professionally done becaue when she does them they last for 4 weeks, when I do them they only last a week, they are not as flat and uniformed and I can't wear mine w/o a head covering because they are ooogly. it's worth the $20.
C
1. Like this post. Completed

2. How long do you plan on wigging it? I plan on wigging it from January to May, then October to December

3. How will you take care of your hair while using the wig/phony pony? My hair will be braided underneath in cornrows and I will wash, dep condition and protein treat my hair every 3-4 weeks. I will moisturize my hair on a daily basis with plain water or rose water or liquid MSM and liquid silica (that I put in a liquid leave in) and then follow up with my shea butter mixture or another shea butter based leave in like qhemet biologics burdock root butter cream

4. Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed, Transitioning: 4a/5 natural with some dye

5. Current Hair Length: shoulder/collar bone

6. 2018 Hair Length Goal: APL

7. Starting Photo:

This is the 1st of 2 wigs that I plan on alternating. It's from hergiven hair. I have not laid it down with gel, just yet. It's called the kinky blowout, 16 inches. I decided not to color this one and keep the natural color. The black always washes my skin out.
@TopShelf is that a lacefront wig from her given hair? Also can you pm me the info of the person that charges $20 for your cornrows...TIA

kikigirl

I'm so excited about wigs! :lachen::lachen:I've been calling my friends and sisters to say "Heyyyyy.....I've discovered wigs, yo!"

I'm still figuring out how to mask the parting. The lace is still a bit visible at times when you look really really close. Aside from foundation, what do you ladies apply to your part?

Valentina

Keri

Donna