2018 Wig Thread

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
We have had actually had some classic members here :0

it's kind of hard to see in the pic but I pin the braids up through the middle and curve them almost like a heart shape on the back of my head.

these are the two wigs I've been wearing. not the best pics. But I really like the shorter one. The other one is unflattering imo. but since it has a comb in t he front I can keep it down.

So i'm still overwhelmed by wigs so I think i'm going to get outre Dominican blowout curly and jewlery half wigs. Maybe idk I need to see if my hair is a color 2. 1b is darker than mine but 2 looks so brown
I love both of them. What is the longer one called?

brg240

I love both of them. What is the longer one called?
It's a really old wig that isn't sold anymore. But it's Sensationnel Totally Instant Weave HZ A020

@brg240 - what's the name of the shorter wig?
Sorry. I'm not sure it had a name :(

I cut an old wig Thursday and it's not completely done but I really like it. The hair had a very early 2000s vibe. Which didn't look bad perse but very 2004 pop-rock. I won't be able to wear it out in the future so i'm going to continue practicing on it.

Attachments

• 20180125_212457.jpeg
    20180125_212457.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 84

brg240

We have had actually had some classic members here :0

So i'm still overwhelmed by wigs so I think i'm going to get outre Dominican blowout curly and jewlery half wigs. Maybe idk I need to see if my hair is a color 2. 1b is darker than mine but 2 looks so brown

I ended up ordering both of these. I still want a full wig. And I was this >><<close to ordering inna but I don't think I could get my hair flat enough

I ordered at 10 last night why haven't they shipped :cry: lol but I'm serious.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
I ended up ordering both of these. I still want a full wig. And I was this >><<close to ordering inna but I don't think I could get my hair flat enough

I ordered at 10 last night why haven't they shipped :cry: lol but I'm serious.
Lol where did you order from? I ordered from Sam's beauty one time and it beat an Amazon prime order that I ordered at the same time.

cmoniquew

1. Like this post. Done

2. How long do you plan on wigging it? Yearlong, with occasional length checks (2-4 times in the year)

3. How will you take care of your hair while using the wig/phony pony? Cornrows every 2 weeks
Shampoo/Cleanse every 2 weeks
Deep Condition weekly
Apply Surge 2x daily

4. Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed, Transitioning: Natural

5. Current Hair Length: Not certain but I believe waist length

6. 2018 Hair Length Goal: Primary goal is increased health and thickness, Length Goal is full Tailbone

7. Starting Photo

Coming Soon

I just started wearing my wig last week and forgot to take a starting length photo. I’ll take one when I take these cornrows out.

brg240

Finally... here’s the starting picture.
View attachment 423275
And the last two are my favorite way to wear my upart... I’m too lazy to blend my leave out so I just slap a scarf on :lol:
View attachment 423279 View attachment 423281

Eta.... in my initial post I put that my hair is APL but I recently cut about 2 to 3 inches off so I’m back to SL and may go back in to cut more.
You're so pretty. And I love the wig/turban

Got my wigs.

Outre Jewlery is soooo soft and very light. But I can see a couple tracks but the biggest problem is idk what to to do about leave out
I put out on the wig and am like

These youtubers out here made me believe in miracles :cry: :lol:

Dominican curly is better. It's cute. And I might be able to wear it without leaveout.

Next wig will be a full wig though

bellatiamarie

You're so pretty. And I love the wig/turban

Got my wigs.

Outre Jewlery is soooo soft and very light. But I can see a couple tracks but the biggest problem is idk what to to do about leave out
I put out on the wig and am like

These youtubers out here made me believe in miracles :cry: :lol:

Dominican curly is better. It's cute. And I might be able to wear it without leaveout.

Next wig will be a full wig though

Thank you!!!

And I know the feeling... I’ve been duped by many YouTube reviews.

bellatiamarie

0BBA2390-C3BA-42E3-9278-7D7F1AE27F05.jpeg This is the lace front in my avi picture. I cut it last night and really like the way it turned out... it gets really big but I like it. It’s a little wet here because I wanted to tame the curls a little. I’m realizing with my big head and thick hair I’m going to probably need to stick to kinky/curly wigs and stay away from the straight styles.

bellatiamarie

8B48336A-717F-4259-A652-1D8001525F98.jpeg View attachment 423843 I wanted to show y’all what I came up with yesterday.... I pinned some kinky curly tracks down to the front of my head and tied my satin scarf on my head to protect my hair then I put my head wrap on. I liked the way it came out although I’ll probably cut the hair to frame my face better. I guess I could sew some clips to the tracks and turn them into clip ins. Then again.... the bobby pins worked fine.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
View attachment 423845 View attachment 423843 I wanted to show y’all what I came up with yesterday.... I pinned some kinky curly tracks down to the front of my head and tied my satin scarf on my head to protect my hair then I put my head wrap on. I liked the way it came out although I’ll probably cut the hair to frame my face better. I guess I could sew some clips to the tracks and turn them into clip ins. Then again.... the bobby pins worked fine.
Where do you buy your scarves?

mzpurp

Wearing Outre Keri for the next two weeks. I think I'm going to switch my wigs at 2 week intervals. That's a lot easier than every week. I think I'm going to pluck some hair from the part in this one as it's kinda bulky. I think I'm spoiled from my GLS64 bc there's def a difference in the wig construction.

How do ya'll coworkers react to you wearing wigs and switching them up (if you are)? These people have been acting a fool since I started this challenge :lol: Like why do I have to explain what I'm doing with my hair? I haven't but I'm surprised that they feel bold enough to ask. This one yt lady was basically begging me to tell her how I styled this wig. She's all like "oh wow, you must have some patience curling your hair every morning", first lady - get the hell on from my desk bc we not even cool like that. I just kept telling her I just decided to switch my styles up. They're prob going to lose it when I wear longer wigs :lol:

Pygmy_puff

Please, please direct me to a good tutorial or information, of which you are aware, that shows how to make a custom look wig! Do you have any recommendations? Thanking you in advance!

I know the question wasn’t directed to me but I am just too excited not to share. I love making my own custom wigs. I recommend trying kinky or curly hair to start with because it’s easier to conceal poor stitching or a crooked closure with curly hair :) Making your own units is fun, but can take a bit of practice if you don’t have any experience sewing (like I did when I first started.) It’s SO worth it though! You can customize however you want, whether you want curly or straight hair, color or highlights, full or natural, long or short, blunt cut or layers, synthetic or human hair, etc. let me know if there is a particular look you are trying to achieve and I will probably have a video that I have saved somewhere that shows how to do it. The most important thing is you gotta use a canvas block head that matches the circumference of your head. That is a must, otherwise your wig may not fit.

Here are some of my fav tutorials.

Closure wig:

Ingenious crochet/wig hybrid method:

How to sew your tracks (weave example, but the same principles apply to sewing wigs):

Full wig without closure:

Have fun!

Last edited:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I know the question wasn’t directed to me but I am just too excited not to share. I love making my own custom wigs. I recommend trying kinky or curly hair to start with because it’s easier to conceal poor stitching or a crooked closure with curly hair :) Making your own units is fun, but can take a bit of practice if you don’t have any experience sewing (like I did when I first started.) It’s SO worth it though! You can customize however you want, whether you want curly or straight hair, color or highlights, full or natural, long or short, blunt cut or layers, synthetic or human hair, etc. let me know if there is a particular look you are trying to achieve and I will probably have a video that I have saved somewhere that shows how to do it. The most important thing is you gotta use a canvas block head that matches the circumference of your head. That is a must, otherwise your wig may not fit.

Here are some of my fav tutorials.

Closure wig:

Ingenious crochet/wig hybrid method:

How to sew your tracks (weave example, but the same principles apply to sewing wigs):

Full wig without closure:

Have fun!

Ooo! Thank you! I will look at these and then....

To ask for more!