2018 Wig Thread

Dee-Licious

Hania is my boo. I buy about 2-3 a month. Only problem I have with it is that the quality of the parting lace is not consistent. 2/3 of the time there is a bump/ripple that throws off the realistic-ness of the wig. Still, like some folks are hooked on lotto tickets, I keep buying new ones, hold my breath while unpacking, and then 2/3 times, facepalm.

Does Hania not last well? Why are you having to buy it so often?

kikigirl

Does Hania not last well? Why are you having to buy it so often?
It lasts a while. I’ve been wearing this “perfect” one for the last 3 months, 4 days/week. :look: Don’t judge me.:oops:

But the bumps make the wig really fake-looking unless you find one with a perfectly flat part. So initially i kept buying new wigs to hopefully get another with the perfect part.:cry3: I gave up after some time.

Royalq

Just reorder bobbi boss Lyna in color 99j this time. I'm excited for her to get here. I'm hoping it's not a fire red. The 1b lasted me a long time. I got it in June and it just now started to die on me. So that's 5 months. I never put heat to it and I dont sleep in it. I want this 99j to last till new years cause I plan on upgrading an getting a nice human hair wig.

Dee-Licious

It lasts a while. I’ve been wearing this “perfect” one for the last 3 months, 4 days/week. :look: Don’t judge me.:oops:

But the bumps make the wig really fake-looking unless you find one with a perfectly flat part. So initially i kept buying new wigs to hopefully get another with the perfect part.:cry3: I gave up after some time.
I went and tried this one on this week and :Nono: have a smaller size head... can wear some larger kids glasses small... I’ll probably have to go the custom route for a wig. Siiighhh

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Just reorder bobbi boss Lyna in color 99j this time. I'm excited for her to get here. I'm hoping it's not a fire red. The 1b lasted me a long time. I got it in June and it just now started to die on me. So that's 5 months. I never put heat to it and I dont sleep in it. I want this 99j to last till new years cause I plan on upgrading an getting a nice human hair wig.
99j is more of a burgundy, I think it'll be fine. That's one of my favorite hair colors.

Royalq

99j is more of a burgundy, I think it'll be fine. That's one of my favorite hair colors.
I had one 99j before and it was super pretty. But I feel like it various manufacturer to manufacturer. The one I had looked like a black cherry indoors and outside it was a pretty deep red. But I've seen some that are very red at all times. My favorite hair color is 4/30 but it seems to be a color that's not done often.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
I had one 99j before and it was super pretty. But I feel like it various manufacturer to manufacturer. The one I had looked like a black cherry indoors and outside it was a pretty deep red. But I've seen some that are very red at all times. My favorite hair color is 4/30 but it seems to be a color that's not done often.
I had to look that one up. It's very pretty. :yep:

ilong

God's Own
I took out my braided updo and my hair from my nape to about a third up my head appears longer. IMO too much hair came out with the take down. I believe a combination of the synthetic hair wrapped around my hair and the hair pins holding the bun caused some breakage.

I'm going under a wig until Spring. I didn't see the concerns in this thread on the Vella Vella Bounce Bob until after I had ordered it - but hopefully I can tame it. I usually cut ~30% of the hair out of my all of the wigs I wear so hopefully it will help with this wig. I also ordered the Outre 4A Kinky. I'll order a couple more, perhaps during Black Friday.

ClassyJSP

I took advantage of ebonylines pre-black Friday sale and picked up about 5 wigs (1 of them was for my mother). I ordered Valentino, Charlie, 2 Inna's and Dee.

Prettyeyes

I really want to wear my wigs again but my husband recently told me he prefers when I wear my own hair. He doesn’t understand protective styling. I am bsl and he doesn’t see why I need to wear wigs. I am surprised because I have been doing this for a very long time.

Royalq

I took advantage of ebonylines pre-black Friday sale and picked up about 5 wigs (1 of them was for my mother). I ordered Valentino, Charlie, 2 Inna's and Dee.

How do you like long synthetics? I had a few and it's a toss up.

MzSwift

I really want to wear my wigs again but my husband recently told me he prefers when I wear my own hair. He doesn’t understand protective styling. I am bsl and he doesn’t see why I need to wear wigs. I am surprised because I have been doing this for a very long time.

:( My exH was the same way. But we compromised with me wearing the wig during the work week and rocking my hair out on the weekends when we would likely be spending the most time together. Do you think your DH would go for that sort of compromise.

As far as PS, I still saw a lot of progress that way and it sort of forced me into a regular weekly DC routine.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Well it’s winter time and my hair is short again, so time to protect it lol. I put a few wigs in my cart at Wigtypes (thanks Crackers) but every time I went to check another site, when I came back the wigs all disappeared from my cart and the prices kept changing *ugh*:lachen: Finally I got 5 wigs: 3 synthetic and 2 human hair/ human hair blends for a little over a hundred smackeroonies ($100) All of them are a 1/1b except Sensationnel Ruby, that’s a 99j. I love 99j when I do color, but like another poster said, all 99js are not created equal.

756AE7FA-FFEE-4167-A1B8-8B4D87139AF9.jpeg

quirkydimples

Can anyone recommend a 10- to 12-inch human hair bob with bangs and a real scalp that shows at the center? I don't mind paying a little more than $100.

I'm wearing a synthetic bob now (Vera by Janet), but I want something that looks more like real hair (less shiny without having to use dry shampoo) and won't show the sides when the wind blows.

I already know I won't do a pulled-back wig because I'm not about that blend it in life (read: hair lazy). I need to be able to just pop it on my head and keep it moving.

Help? TIA

ClassyJSP

How do you like long synthetics? I had a few and it's a toss up.

I love them I personally only wear bob length or longer wigs. The only part that is a tad annoying is knowing some of the longer ones will tangle over time. However, the major thing for me when that happens is to rotate them, wash, or spray them with my water/fabric softener mix and there still good to go.

brg240

I bought two wigs last week but I’m second guessing my choices.

I bought Zury Slay in 1B

And

Model model Buena in 1b

I’m unsure about slay bc I’ll likely need to cut the bangs and I’ve butchered wig bangs before

And Buena is apparently super silky “like doll hair”

How do you like Dee and Valentino? These were both in my shopping cart but I took them out. But I’m kinda regretting not buying Dee bc looking for something like it in the first place.