2018 Wig Thread

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
*I used Imgflip since my picture wasn’t able to be uploaded here, that’s why it’s so big lol

This doesn’t have ANY parting space, but the texture is really soft and it doesn’t look wiggy except for the front (where it matters the most :lachen:) This is the perfect ponytail and headband wig. If you wanna wear it down, you need to leave your edges out to cover it.

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Ordered three more wigs. I haven't worn Brielle out of the house yet because I can't quite figure out how to style her in an updo like this video:

kikigirl

Just updating to say they fixed the bumpy parting space problem on Hania.
They changed the lace to a softer kind, and so far I’ve bought 2 wigs that were perfecto!
The only other difference is that the hair texture seems a tad less yaki-ish. Out of the bag. But overall, the look is still the same, only with a nice flat parting space.

I checked the label and try to find differences between the old batches and the new ones. No way to tell. I got the soft lace version from Ebonyonline. The other hard lace versions were from a variety of stores. Here’s to hoping the old inventory gets out of circulation soon.

blackgurll

I like Nina, Freetress and Outre for my big head. I also look for adjustable straps. I stay away from Bobbi Boss. There is another one that is always small on me, but I forget at the moment.
Thanks for the Bobbi Boss tip. I am trying wigs for protective styling and every one so far seems to be for huge heads. I have a tiny head and the adjustable straps alone aren't enough for a good fit because there's all that cap space.
For the tiny heads out there, any other brands or specific wig models that are good? I'd read the thread but it's 21 pages long!

Royalq

So I got some human hair. The company sent me the wrong hair so I got a refund and kept the hair. Made a wig but it’s not wearable. I’m planning on redoing it and fixing my mistakes.

So I’m a rush I got a Peruvian water wave hair from Unice and she is gorgeous! I got 16inches and it hits me slightly past armpit length. It’s so pretty and everyone was complimenting me. I seeed an elastic band in there so that elimiythe need to glue anything down. This will be my main squeeze while I play with redoing the first one.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
I’ve been looking for some full cap wigs with NO lace front that don’t look totally crazy...it’s kinda hard but I think I found some (correction: 1, not some. Still looking.) Everyone doesn’t want to do lace front wig work :laugh:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Also, I think I found a way to figure out if a wig would work for me. It’s all about the chin.

Lemme explain: I don’t have a pointy chin, so if I see a wig online that I like, I look at the model’s chin. My chin is sort of a “U” shape, so if the model’s chin is more of a “pointy” chin, then there’s a good possibility that the wig won’t suit me.

This keeps me from lusting on a wig because it looks so nice on the model, only to find out it looks crazy on me lol.

Also, if the model is turned at a weird angle, and there are no straight on pictures facing the camera , that’s too much of a gamble, and I’ll more than likely pass on it.

Edited to add: Eyes too. My eyes are sort of big, so I try to look for a model that has my general face shape.

Last edited:

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Also, I think I found a way to figure out if a wig would work for me. It’s all about the chin.

Lemme explain: I don’t have a pointy chin, so if I see a wig online that I like, I look at the model’s chin. My chin is sort of a “U” shape, so if the model’s chin is more of a “pointy” chin, then there’s a good possibility that the wig won’t suit me.

This keeps me from lusting on a wig because it looks so nice on the model, only to find out it looks crazy on me lol.

Also, if the model is turned at a weird angle, and there are no straight on pictures facing the camera , that’s too much of a gamble, and I’ll more than likely pass on it.
This is good advice. I usually only buy wigs if there are reviews of it on YouTube but sometimes I find one that I like that doesn't have any videos on it.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
This is good advice. I usually only buy wigs if there are reviews of it on YouTube but sometimes I find one that I like that doesn't have any videos on it.
Thanks, I used rely on YouTube reviews, but now I realized that the wigs the YouTubers get are sometimes drastically different from what the regular folks get in terms of hair texture, color, and smell (looking at you Betterlength :perplexed: but I’ll get to them later). Now I go by if it’s heat safe (has to be in case I need to do a bit of work) and the length (super long hair isn’t feasible for my lifestyle).

Aggie

Tonight:

-Prepooing overnight with JMonique's Dead Sea Mud Hair Wash.

Tomorrow:

-Shampooing with Keracare Detangling Moisturizing Shampoo
-Deep Conditioning with Keracare 5 in 1 Reconstructor (Protein)
-Followed with Kerastase Chroma Active Deep Conditioner (Moisture)
-Leave-in - Redken Extreme Anti Snap
-M/S SCurl Jherri Juice sealed with BM Grease and my Shea Butter blend