2020 & Beyond Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I put a quarter sized amount of coconut oil overnight...

I just added Brahmi oil and vo5 raspberry. I will wash and condition after work tonight.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I finally shampood my hair with Dove and did an in shower dc with Lait Vital. I'll put some Pro mend on my ends and blow dry tonight

lady1979

Used Kerastase Moisture Mask on Friday and Kerastase Resistance Mask yesterday. I am really enjoying the Kerastase products and may try a few more and make them staples.
If you don’t mind me asking- price wise, are the products worth it... I saw one for almost 60 dollars . I’m not trying to be fresh but... how have you built your stash ?

faithVA

If you don’t mind me asking- price wise, are the products worth it... I saw one for almost 60 dollars . I’m not trying to be fresh but... how have you built your stash ?

Hi @lady1979. My hair tends to stay very dry and brittle so I find the mask to be worth it. I haven't tried any other products to say if they are worth it or not. My hair needs extra help and so far this leaves my hair soft after I rinse which doesn't necessarily happen when I use other deep conditioners. It is also very concentrated so I don't use as much as other products. I bought the jar in April and it will probably last me until next April. I only use the mask once every 4 to 6 weeks.

Not a lot of things work for my hair so I've been willing to try things that are a little more expensive. For my hair the mask work well enough that I'm willing to try other products in the line. I only have the Resistance shampoo and mask and the Nutritive MasqueIntense in my stash. I plan on trying a cowash, an oil and a regular conditioner to compare them.

Most of my hair stash is made up of the Mane Choice and TGIN products which aren't that expensive. I use the Kerastase when I plan to do something damaging to my hair like blow drying/flat ironing which I only do 2 or 3 times a year so the products will last me a while.

If you find cheaper things you love stay with those. My hair just seems to like expensive things.

gemruby41

Hi @lady1979. My hair tends to stay very dry and brittle so I find the mask to be worth it. I haven't tried any other products to say if they are worth it or not. My hair needs extra help and so far this leaves my hair soft after I rinse which doesn't necessarily happen when I use other deep conditioners. It is also very concentrated so I don't use as much as other products. I bought the jar in April and it will probably last me until next April. I only use the mask once every 4 to 6 weeks.

Not a lot of things work for my hair so I've been willing to try things that are a little more expensive. For my hair the mask work well enough that I'm willing to try other products in the line. I only have the Resistance shampoo and mask and the Nutritive MasqueIntense in my stash. I plan on trying a cowash, an oil and a regular conditioner to compare them.

Most of my hair stash is made up of the Mane Choice and TGIN products which aren't that expensive. I use the Kerastase when I plan to do something damaging to my hair like blow drying/flat ironing which I only do 2 or 3 times a year so the products will last me a while.

If you find cheaper things you love stay with those. My hair just seems to like expensive things.
I also purchase Kerastase products. I use to buy tons of products that would work sometimes, and other times they won't work. With the Kerastase products that I have, my hair always come out right. There is no wondering if my wash day will be a bust or not. I also like the fact that I don't have to use a lot of the product for it to work. The jars may look small, but they do last a long time.

faithVA

I also purchase Kerastase products. I use to buy tons of products that would work sometimes, and other times they won't work. With the Kerastase products that I have, my hair always come out right. There is no wondering if my wash day will be a bust or not. I also like the fact that I don't have to use a lot of the product for it to work. The jars may look small, but they do last a long time.
I am noticing that too. The mask seem very small but the product is so concentrated I don't have to use much even on my density of hair.

What products are you using? After I use up some things I want to try some other lines.

gemruby41

I am noticing that too. The mask seem very small but the product is so concentrated I don't have to use much even on my density of hair.

What products are you using? After I use up some things I want to try some other lines.
I use the Chronologiste shampoo, Chronologiste mask, Masquintense mask, Therapiste mask, Aura Botanica conditioner, Discipline cleansing conditioner, Nectar Thermique, Elixir Ultime serum.

faithVA

I use the Chronologiste shampoo, Chronologiste mask, Masquintense mask, Therapiste mask, Aura Botanica conditioner, Discipline cleansing conditioner, Nectar Thermique, Elixir Ultime serum.
Does the Discipline Cleansing Conditioner help with frizz as it markets? How do you like the Elixir serum?

gemruby41

Does the Discipline Cleansing Conditioner help with frizz as it markets? How do you like the Elixir serum?
The Discipline Cleansing Conditioner doesn't help me with frizz. I like that it cleans my hair, and I don't have to add a conditioner afterwards. I love the Elixir serum. I've been using it for many years.

GGsKin

Prepood/DC overnight with a warmed mix of Shea + coconut oil, fenugreek, brahmi and kalpi tone. After applying heavily to my scalp and massaging, I mixed what remained with TMC AE Anti-Breakage Hair Mask and smoothed my strands, put in big twists and wrapped in cling film, baggy and scarf.

Today, I rinsed and put on a clay mix (s.bentonite, rhassoul, kaolin, water, SAA, some steeped fenugreek liquid, hibiscus tea, ACV). It's been on for about an hr and I'm about to rinse it out.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I washed with Chi Black seed shampoo and I'm under the dryer with the last of my Extentioniste dc. I dyed my hair Tuesday (balayage), so I gotta baby my hair for the next 6 months at least.

faithVA

Years ago I used to do 2 deep conditioning sessions back to back and deep condition all weekend. My life was slower and quieter back then. I don't have that type of time now.

However, I decided to try at least a modified routine. Saturday morning I used the Mane Choice Type 4 mask and left it in. I didn't use heat or a plastic bag. I just left it in. I rinsed Sunday morning a used the Kerastase Masquintense and left that on for several hours. Yesterday evening I rinsed and styled my hair. I'm going to try this for a few weeks and see how it works out.