2020 & Beyond Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
DC’d with Ion Repair Solutions Rx over the weekend. This felt like a light protein treatment. It had a medium amount of slip (whereas I prefer super slippy conditioner). This DC left my hair feeling moisturized but strong and nicely soft. My strands also felt smooth.
I’ve tried this conditioner 3-5 times. A moderate amount is effective: 6 pumps per section on damp hair which is about a palm full or 1 oz.
Baggied with a wool cap for about an hour before rinsing.
I would guess I have about 4-5 more DCs out of this bottle because it’s about half gone.
This is a solid B conditioner but nothing wow’d me about it except the price— it was on clearance and I was curious. But not a repurchase.
D6D03662-5687-48D2-8CDE-76C1F90C778D.jpeg

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
It had been a couple of weeks since wash day, so I started my wash on Friday with a scalp dermabrasion treatment, followed by a protein DC with Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor. I liked how this snotty bit of goodness felt on my hair. As I rubbed it in, coils and squiggles were reappearing. Left on for 30mins, my hair felt springy upon rinsing.

I topped a kalpi tone rinse with moisture DC; Alikay Avocado Cream on left and APB UCS on right, all topped with coconut oil (on roots) and castor oil (roots and ends).

I've styled my hair up but I'm still waiting for it to fully dry before making my assessment.

@AbsyBlvd ,
Could you please tell me from where are you purchasing your Nexus Polymeric Emergency Reconstructor [in Europe]? Thank you!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I have decided to add onion/garlic/cayenne to my hair rotation process. I like to add 1 thing at a time, over a long period of time. I always deep condition when I wash. My schedule has been impacted, as in full, thus I've not had time to get to my weekly washes. I think I can do this starting next week.

How long do you plan to be in the challenge?
All of 2018, until December 2018.

How often will you DC? I like to DC every time I wash. Sometimes, I can't get to my hair weekly, though.

What DCs will you use (top 5-10 if you can't list them all)?
I'm a DIY. I make my own conditioner using coconut milk. The only thing I may add to the mix might be some Shea butter.

What's your hair profile (relaxed/natural, porosity, strand size, etc)?
I have very thick hair strands that are wiry and coarse. I have normal porosity hair.
My hair is natural.

What goals do you hope regular DCs will help you achieve?

Deep conditioning my hair, especially with heat, leaves my hair shiny and soft.

Starting photo:
I wear 8 simple braids.

Attachments

• SheaHairJan8 2018 A.JPG
    SheaHairJan8 2018 A.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 50

naturalyogini

DC"d with CD Almond mask. Although it stopped my breakage in its tracks, my hair was not soft, at all. Has anyone tried the CD Black vanilla combing cream? I need a super duper detangler. My beloved Inahsi no longer works. Gray hair woes,

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@naturalyogini
I picked up SSI's Coconut Combing Cream BF, but haven't tried it yet. Soultanicals Knot Glide is a good detangler but might have CS issues? Folks are just getting their BF items.

I also picked up UFD's Mid Nite Train BF (haven't tried it yet) which is suppose to be a good detangler and you can get it OTG as well as Alikay's Lemongrass Detangler. I do have Alikay's Knots Be Gone and I like it a lot.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I accidentally DC'd with Repair Me for almost 48 hours. My hair loved it. I know some people say RepairMe is a strong protein, but it doesn't act that way for me.

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
DC’d with Joico Moisture Recovery today.
Left it in for 30 minutes under my standing dryer. Hair was super easy to detangle in the application phase. I’m not a fan of super perfumey conditioners but the lingering fragrance was fine because of an onion juice prepoo I did. Soft, moisturizer hair after rinsing.
This may be my heat-styled HG.
49CCACFE-DD32-4C99-A80C-8B6A5F82E994.jpeg

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
DC’d with Joico Moisture Recovery today.
Left it in for 30 minutes under my standing dryer. Hair was super easy to detangle in the application phase. I’m not a fan of super perfumey conditioners but the lingering fragrance was fine because of an onion juice prepoo I did. Soft, moisturizer hair after rinsing.
This may be my heat-styled HG.
View attachment 422493
Thanks for this post. I was looking to figure out which one was the best to use and you posted a picture. I needed this. (Low-key sometimes the acronyms be killing me...ijs)

Last edited:

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I DCed today with Phyto hair mask & Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Smoothie. Wrapped my hair in a turban for a few hours and rinsed. Results were soft but strong, just as I like it.

Attachments

• Phyto.jpg
    Phyto.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 31

CurlyWhoCrux

Currently DC'ing with diluted SM Purification Mask. Using my soft hooded dryer and my new blow dryer. I didn't have a blow dryer at the start of this challenge and was occasionally using my roommate's blow dryer which kind of kept me from DC'ing with heat too much because I didn't want to be constantly using her stuff. More than likely gonna leave this in overnight and rinse in the morning.

Also trying to keep an eye out for DCs without silicones and protein that I can find on the ground.

theRaven

I did a lot to to my hair these past few days. Prepooed with amla oil and an essential oil blend on my scalp and edges. The following day rinsed, washed hair, and deep conditioned with Africa's Best Mayonnaise using my heating cap. Left over night and the next day washed and deep conditioned with L'oreal damage erasing balm and Alter Ego garlic treatment on my scalp. Did a quick rinse with brewed black tea and grapeseed oil.

I will make a concerted effort to deep condition weekly and apply my essential oil blend nightly.

CurlyWhoCrux

Have DC'ed a few times since my last post. Twice with the SM PM and once with the EBW dc. Have decided that the EBW just does not work for my hair when used as a DC on freshly washed hair. It does work okay if I use it on top of something else (another conditioner). The SM PM is okay but nothing exciting.

Will be looking for more moisturizing DCs going into February.