2020 & Beyond Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge

GGsKin

Hi @AbsyBlvd

Is there a reason why you use your clay AFTER your deep conditioner?

Hey @Aggie
Yes, my low-po/ normal porosity hair can't take too much product. I occasionally DC after clay but when I do, it tends to build up on my strands, leaving a dull/ grey cast while wet and eventually while dry. Using clay after DC leaves my hair light and with sheen. I also feel my hair is more accepting to the water of my final rinse, leaving my hair more hydrated until my next wash.

Aggie

Hey @Aggie
Yes, my low-po/ normal porosity hair can't take too much product. I occasionally DC after clay but when I do, it tends to build up on my strands, leaving a dull/ grey cast while wet and eventually while dry. Using clay after DC leaves my hair light and with sheen. I also feel my hair is more accepting to the water of my final rinse, leaving my hair more hydrated until my next wash.
Wow @AbsyBlvd, this makes so much sense :yep:. Thanks for sharing :kiss:.

CurlyWhoCrux

February was a super busy time for me, and I didn't have time, energy, or motivation to deep condition my hair. In lieu of this, I started using a designated leave-in conditioner from CR and a hair lotion from Oyin, so my hair was not totally ignored But, it's time to get back to it!
Currently DC'ing overnight with a diluted SM mask (can't recall the name, the wrapper is brown I think with a gold top [Mafura one maybe?]).
I also bought the Mielle Organics DC but haven't used it yet. Next session I will.
Also, as just an aside, I've noticed that my hair always feels the most soft if I don't have any product on it and let it air dry a bit to where it's damp.

naturalagain2

Dc'ed w/ Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque and a squirt or two of Camille Rose Moroccan Pear Conditioning Custard. I added a tsp of Amla powder. I added Grapeseed oil on top after applying it to my hair. I stayed under the dryer for 40 mins.

My hair has been so managable it's so crazy like a different head of hair. I can mostly finger detangle now. So happy!