2019 Christian Random Thoughts. God Loves You No Matter What

Chromia

The way some people treat others in the workplace.....

Thank you @Lucia for what you wrote.

I'll add...

Psalm 141:9-10
Keep me from the snares they have laid for me, And from the traps of the workers of iniquity. Let the wicked fall into their own nets, While I escape safely.

Prayer For Protection At Work

Prayer Against Repaying Evil With Evil

Lucia

A couple of years ago, someone here or on a Catholic blog made the comment that most people were getting away with sin. To which someone else replied: "It only seems that way. Stick around for 10-20 years and then see."

Well, I've been alive for more than 10-20 years and ummm...this is scary. Can some of you seasoned Christian ladies delve deep into the topic of sowing and reaping? Both in the negative as in the positive sense. Please and thank you :look:.

You may see people getting away with sin but it is only the appearance of getting away with sin it’s only an illusion. More specifically it’s satans and all his demons/false gods’ slight of hand.

Matt 7:13
You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way.

Also you’ve heard different versions of this quote but it was first stated by St Bernard de Clairvaux circa 1100s
“Hell is full of good intentions and wishes.”

God hasn’t changed His position on things and the road to salvation Romans 5 is still the same.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

The Bible is clear, Christian traditions, laws of nature, physics, biology and spiritual realm all work on universal principles established by God.
If you plant a redwood seed you will eventually get a redwood tree after 100 plus years it will be a towering example of simple truth. No one who sows a coconut seed expects to get carrots. Following the same principle if you sow sin and wickedness into your life, that’s exactly what you will get. The principles of the universe work every time for goodness or for evil whether you know about them or not they work on your life and also work on the lives of your *descendants. (I’ll get back to that one later).

Let’s say we have 2 families Fam C not only goes to church but actually tries their best to live out Christian values avoiding committing mortal sins and or *abominations (these can be found in Deuteronomy and Romans to start). They treat people with kindness and love respect without allowing users to take complete advantage of them and put them in a bad way.

Now you have Fam S they have good intentions and mean well but they don’t follow any Christian traditions or go to church and don’t try to live out Christian values because they are the end all and be all of morality they choose what’s right for them and believe that as long as they’re “a good person” living some good ideals because it doesn’t disturb they’re beliefs on life and how it should be lived.
This family often just looks out for themselves and no one else if they occasionally go to church they easily fall prey to false preachers who tickle their ears and tell them what they want to hear and not the WHOLE truth. Since they don’t think or know that Gods laws rules and examples set forth in the word both written Bible and passed down through tradition they suffer the consequences of being both rebellious against God and their choices. Thus reaping what they have sown Knowingly or Unknowingly it doesn’t matter Gods law stands.

Now anyone can fall or stumble Fam C or Fam S but those from Fam C have the knowledge the habits and tools needed to get back on track with God where Fam S or anyone who has had a big fall will flounder around until they receive a moment of grace from God and they can choose to accept it or keep going their own way. Fam C has sown kindness and goodness whereas Fam S some stumbles into kindness but most times only for their own benefit.

I know personally my hang up was I knew people were doing the wrong things either out of ignorance or just straight they knew what they were doing was wrong and an affront or abomination against God. But nothing appeared to happened to them. I didn’t see their comeuppance or their turn around and renewal.
As Christians we need to let that one go because as Galatians said God will not be mocked but He is patient and kind and has grace for us but we must accept it if we don’t then we are left to suffer the long term consequences of our choices. The devil takes care of his own and has a great PR team. Notice how people living in sin are the loudest.
Like Julie who shacks up w Jimmy for 7 years finally getting married is going to make sure everyone knows even though before she got the ring had relative morality and justifying statements like: Marriage is just a piece of paper and I/We don’t need a piece of paper to show we’re in love.

Also most times we do not get to see what these people reap. Sometimes we do :pop: (Hey I’m human, what?)
But since it’s not up to us and we don’t know whether they will one day repent and be renewed in their minds or born again of water and spirit “who are we to judge” - Pope Francis said and since we really don’t have ALL the omnipotent facts before us— do we. o_O
That’s why we check people’s SM or sometimes get Updates’s on the grapevine.
:lurking:

4. Proverbs 11:18; "A wicked person earns deceptive wages,but the one who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward."

5. Proverbs 14:14; "The faithless will be fully repaid for their ways, and the good rewarded for theirs."

Also a good example of Gods grace and mercy.
Matthew 13:24-30

The Parable of Weeds among the Wheat
24 Another parable he put before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also. 27 And the servantsof the householder came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then has it weeds?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Then do you want us to go and gather them?’ 29 But he said, ‘No; lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.’”

*descendants: Now if you understand how we suffer the consequences of original sin then you understand that sins of the rest of our ancestors weigh on us as well in the form of c sequences. That’s why repentance (even of sins we did not actually commit but were committed by our ancestors count but that’s in another post) and deliverance is key.

*Abominations: Deuteronomy 18:9-
Occult Practices
9 When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord; because of these same detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the Lord your God.

Link
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+18&version=NIV&interface=amp

Matt 15:19
For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders.

Corinthians 6:18
Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body.

Corinthians 6:9

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

Well I’ll add more or start a new post if I think of anything else. Hope I explained it well.

Last edited:

mz.rae

It’s crazy how things can seem to be going your way, and people are saying you should be so happy. But in reality, you are anything but happy.