2019 Coffee Clay Chebe Onion Rice Tea Ayurv Acv Avj Challenge

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
For my next wash day, I'll be testing out a liquid leave in to see if I can get my roller sets to dry faster during the warm weather months.

Thinking of making a big batch of herbal tea rinse. (Horsetail, Stinging Nettle, Oatstraw, Rosehips, Burdock Root, Fenugreek Seeds & Rosemary)

Seperate it by 4 ounce batches. Add in some Panthenol and some Hydrolyzed Oats. A few drops of oil...argan, shea nut oil & maybe ricebran perhaps? We shall see!

Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
For my next wash day, I'll be testing out a liquid leave in to see if I can get my roller sets to dry faster during the warm weather months.

Thinking of making a big batch of herbal tea rinse. (Horsetail, Stinging Nettle, Oatstraw, Rosehips, Burdock Root, Fenugreek Seeds & Rosemary)

Seperate it by 4 ounce batches. Add in some Panthenol and some Hydrolyzed Oats. A few drops of oil...argan, shea nut oil & maybe ricebran perhaps? We shall see!

Do you use pumpkin seed oil?

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
I wonder how often can you henna + indigo? while my hair is much darker all over, I want to do another in April (about a month since my last one) to give me that jet black then my goal is to do 1 ayurvedic hair pack each month alternating : strengthening, conditioning, coloring (repeat)

my new regimen will be:
  • wash and deep condition with Obia Naturals weekly
  • Moisturize and seal LOC with All Things O Natural Leave in and Butter and Camille Rose Natural Ayurvedic Growth Serum 2x weekly
  • Deep cleanse clay mask monthly
  • Ayurvedic Hair Mask Monthly

Also. Funny story: went to the salon recently because I needed a trim (can’t wait til my hair so long one day I can pull it to the front to see and trim myself lol) and as she was washing my hair she was like does anyone smell cumin?! Did you put cumin on your hair?! o_O Your hair feels a lil greasy too
:busted: Umm yea that would be the fenugreek spritz + Ayurvedic oil I did to prep for this visit :lol::lol:

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
Today I'll:

Massage my scalp with Ayurvedic Herbal Oil for a few minutes.

Moisturize my hair with Rosewater and seal with Ayurvedic Whipped Shea Butter.

Oooo I looove Rose Water !! I’m always misting my face with it for extra moisture :love3:

I bet it’s wonderful on hair too. Just so expensive and I can be heavy handed sometimes lol although I might have to switch from fenugreek to rose spritz because of its light refreshing scent

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Oooo I looove Rose Water !! I’m always misting my face with it for extra moisture :love3:

I bet it’s wonderful on hair too. Just so expensive and I can be heavy handed sometimes lol although I might have to switch from fenugreek to rose spritz because of its light refreshing scent

Where do you get your rosewater from? Mine is super cheap....like $5 for an 8 ounce bottle. I usually buy 4 bottles at a time and that lasts me a few years. I'm still using the batch I bought 3 or so years ago. LOL

And yesssssss.... I love it on my hair. I mist it in my hands first a few times and squeeze it in my hair. It is a staple in my beauty routine and the one thing I think every woman should have. I also use it as a toner after cleansing my face, for steam facials and a refresher for "down there" daily. So it saves so much money for me as it's universal. Love that stuff.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I wonder how often can you henna + indigo? while my hair is much darker all over, I want to do another in April (about a month since my last one) to give me that jet black then my goal is to do 1 ayurvedic hair pack each month alternating : strengthening, conditioning, coloring (repeat)

my new regimen will be:
  • wash and deep condition with Obia Naturals weekly
  • Moisturize and seal LOC with All Things O Natural Leave in and Butter and Camille Rose Natural Ayurvedic Growth Serum 2x weekly
  • Deep cleanse clay mask monthly
  • Ayurvedic Hair Mask Monthly

Also. Funny story: went to the salon recently because I needed a trim (can’t wait til my hair so long one day I can pull it to the front to see and trim myself lol) and as she was washing my hair she was like does anyone smell cumin?! Did you put cumin on your hair?! o_O Your hair feels a lil greasy too
:busted: Umm yea that would be the fenugreek spritz + Ayurvedic oil I did to prep for this visit :lol::lol:

I'm a firm 4 week between henna / Indigo session user. You will need to be on top of your moisture game IF you choose to go that route though.

BeautifulRoots

Where do you get your rosewater from? Mine is super cheap....like $5 for an 8 ounce bottle. I usually buy 4 bottles at a time and that lasts me a few years. I'm still using the batch I bought 3 or so years ago. LOL

And yesssssss.... I love it on my hair. I mist it in my hands first a few times and squeeze it in my hair. It is a staple in my beauty routine and the one thing I think every woman should have. I also use it as a toner after cleansing my face, for steam facials and a refresher for "down there" daily. So it saves so much money for me as it's universal. Love that stuff.

Where do you buy yours from? That is a great price.

Aggie

My regimen this weekend is:

Pre-poo - Chicoro's moisture pre-poo of AVG and EVCO - I need the big guns this weekend and this works well on my hair.
Shampoo - Natur Growth Bambu shampo
Protein DC - Natur Growth Bambu DC
Moisturizing DC - Afro Love Hair Souffle mixed with Bekura YAM Nectar
Leave-in - IN Aloe and Hibiscus
M/S - CFCG Curl Moisturizer and BM Grease or diy Shea Butter
Style - Bunning since my hair still roots still look pretty dark from my henna color last weekend.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Now that I'm back to mostly DIY (around 90%), I've already noticed a change in my hair. The first immediate change was the softness. My hair is already silky on its own, but it is still coarse. The herbs and powders seem to have balanced my hair and taken away the coarse feeling.

The next change was a significant decrease in my shedding. I shed 3 hairs while combing my hair....3, yes 3 hairs. Thats crazy for me...especially with all these hormonal changes my body has gone through over the last 5 years. I had a baby, breastfeed 18 months, got pregnant again, breastfed him for 15 months...then weened. So I've went through huge and ugly bouts of shedding. I'm jumping with joy that what I'm doing has helped me get back to normal...even better.

Last edited:

imaginary

Got a couple (Shikakai and hibiscus) new powder goodies to experiment with and a reup of henna. So I made 2 mixes for an overnight Rx; one for my scalp (shikakai, hibiscus and coconut milk) and one for my strands (henna and coconut milk). My hair felt so much more substantial and hopefully it does something about the crazy shedding I've been having this month.

Either next week or the week after I'll do another FRW rinse. Since this was a spontaneous wash day I didnt have time to make any.

water_n_oil

Now that I'm back to mostly DIY (around 90%), I've already noticed a change in my hair. The first immediate change was the softness. My hair is already silky on its own, but it is still course. The herbs and powders seem to have balanced my hair and taken away the course feeling.

The next change was a significant decrease in my shedding. I shed 3 hairs while combing my hair....3, yes 3 hairs. Thats crazy for me...especially with all these hormonal changes my body has gone through over the last 5 years. I had a baby, breastfeed 18 months, got pregnant again, breastfed him for 15 months...then weened. So I've went through huge and ugly bouts of shedding. I'm jumping with joy that what I'm doing has helped me get back to normal...even better.
Same experience with DIYs!